out with the old

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by sparkle 63, 26 April 2009 Social URL.

1. sparkle 63

sparkle 63 sparkling:)and hopeful :)

Start Weight:
    22st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(28.44%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    well just took the plunge and sorted my wardrobe and drawers out iv thrown away 3 bin bags of clothes away(gulp) my wardrobe is now practically empty but i am determined never ever to go bk to the size i was EVER!! i really dont want to just throw them out but what do you do with size 28/30 clothes???? wish i knew someone to give them too as i know only to well how hard it is buying big clothes. it was a scarey getting rid of it all but quite theraputic too.... im REALLY excited at the thought of filling my wardrobe up again though with eventually nice slim glad rags woo hoo cant wait:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Last edited: 26 April 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cathy

Cathy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya Sparkle,
    I gave all my clothes to the local charity shops (sizes 24 down to 14s over time) Marie Curie, British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research and Cats Protection League. They were all delighted to get plus size womens clothing, as it sells very well apparently.
    Some shops will even collect it from you, if you'd struggle to get it to the shop.
    Well done on your loss, getting rid of the "fat" clothes is a great idea to prevent slipping backwards, good on you!

4. sparkle 63

Start Weight:
    22st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(28.44%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    thanks cathy i will do that dont want them to just go to waste.must admit it did take a lot of courage to pack it all up but made me feel even more determined to get to were i want to be ..u have done amazing what a achievement staying on this so long congratulations x

5. Cathy

Cathy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just noticed you're a fellow Scouser!
    There are loads of charity shops in Old Swan, not far from me and the cat one is in Wavertree High Street.
    You're halfway there now, keep it up! xx

6. JanD

JanD maintaining since June'09

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World, Dietchef, Lipotrim - now maintaining (I hope!).
    Why don't you put them on ebay?? I bet there's loads of people who don't like shopping for those sizes but look out for things on line... just a thought. x

7. sparkle 63

Start Weight:
    22st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(28.44%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    good idea maybe the better stuff i could do that with it would help to buy some new stuff im down to hardly anything but dont want to sound mean but while im still loosing its a waste of money.

8. kered

kered Gold Member

I only sorted my wardrobes out this weekend, something I had meant to do a couple of months back. I gave some to family and friends and what was no good for them went to the local charity shop. There were brand new dresses still with the price tags on them never worn.

The feeling when you get rid of them is tremendous. I made myself a solemn vow I would NEVER get back to the size I was.

9. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    sparkle well done :D

how about ebaying your clothes?
    I have just done that and managed to make £60 - and to think i was guna chuck it all out!!!

10. yumyum

yumyum Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Great advice think i may look into the ebay site, just think selling your old big clothes to fund your sexy smaller ones....Recycle recycle recycle!!! x So Lt is making your wardrobe lighter too

11. sparkle 63

Start Weight:
    22st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(28.44%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    yes im definately going to put my fat clothes on ebay and send rest of the stuff to womens aid there coming to pick them up later, so that will be it then no no no going back its a great feeling getting rid of the clothes i nevr felt truly comfortable in and looking forward to feeling and looking great in new stuff funded from my fatty clothes. x

12. SUPASLIMMA

SUPASLIMMA SUPASLIMMA

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(24.88%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I've given all my size 20 & 18 clothes to someone who sends them out to Africa.....hope there are some larger ladies out there...if not, they can always use the dresses as tents, maybe?

13. sparkle 63

Start Weight:
    22st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(28.44%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    ha ha ha!! but what a good idea lol! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.