Paleo forum

I'm teetering on the brink of a paleo lifestyle but finding legumes a sticking point! Would be great to have a forum area for paleo...

Spanglymum said:
I'm teetering on the brink of a paleo lifestyle but finding legumes a sticking point! Would be great to have a forum area for paleo...

Hello again! I wasn't sure but gave it a go and have never looked back! The odd soya milk latte slips in but I'm cutting them out as soya is really bad! I have cream in coffee, dark choc and red wine, but otherwise am fairly strict.

I'm very interested in paleo and follow MDA for info - can't give up my cheese though as that's my favourite snack. Perhaps will call that my 20% lol

I'm interested in finding out more about paleo I've seen a few people mention it on here but don't know much about it

Try looking on marksdailyapple.com for a more relaxed approach (my fav) or whole9life.com (they have a v good starter diet called the whole 30) for a stricter approach.

For books, my faves are the primal blueprint by mark sissons and paleo solution by rob wolf from amazon, or if you're in a shop try the new evolution diet by art devany or paleo diet by lauren cordain. I also love dr John Briffa's book, which is more or less paleo even if he doesn't say it is.

If you decide to try it the first week can be yucky (same with any low carb diet) but I've been dieting over 20 years and this is the only diet I could call a way of life, and the only one where losing weight doesn't feel like hard work! It has changed my life.

What's the theory then... Everything in its natural form? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'd be really interested in a paleo forum too I've downloaded the primal blueprint food list and ready to get going tomorrow x

Rednicola said:
I'd be really interested in a paleo forum too I've downloaded the primal blueprint food list and ready to get going tomorrow x

It's amazing. Make sure you stick to it for 30 days or so - it takes a while for the benefits to kick in, but I have been a binge eater for the last 20 yrs and no more! I thought I was abnormal and i must be fat and lazy coz I was fat, but I was just eating the wrong stuff - now I'm full of energy, don't miss the junk, feel far more in touch with my body and have lost 2 stone. I cannot rave about it enough, having spent so long eating low fat food! Someone compared it to the matrix, you know, take the blue pill and go back to your old life, take the red pill and your life will never be the same again. Once paleo / primal eating clicks, theres no going back!!! I'll stop going on now!

Good luck!

Phoenyx said:
It's amazing. Make sure you stick to it for 30 days or so - it takes a while for the benefits to kick in, but I have been a binge eater for the last 20 yrs and no more! I thought I was abnormal and i must be fat and lazy coz I was fat, but I was just eating the wrong stuff - now I'm full of energy, don't miss the junk, feel far more in touch with my body and have lost 2 stone. I cannot rave about it enough, having spent so long eating low fat food! Someone compared it to the matrix, you know, take the blue pill and go back to your old life, take the red pill and your life will never be the same again. Once paleo / primal eating clicks, theres no going back!!! I'll stop going on now!

Good luck!

Yeah im a binge eater too that's my biggest problem ....right 30 days it is then looking forward to feeling amazing ....I'm loving the primal blueprint over the other paleo lists as I can still have yoghurt in moderation and my whey powder x right I'm on it tomorrow x

I agree - I chose primal like you because I like full fat Greek yoghurt, cream in my coffee, a little dark choc and red wine on occasion...

Just make sure your yoghurt is plain and full fat.

And don't be afraid of fat. I was at first and i couldn't exercise properly coz I didn't have the energy. Now about 60% of my diet is fat and I run much better than I did Pre paleo! My running buddies thought I was off colour for a couple of weeks, I didn't want to tell them and face the "but you need carbs to exercise.." comments. It's so not true! But you do need to be used to eating low carb. I'd recommend walking only for the first couple of weeks, unless you feel like more, of course...

Phoenyx said:
I agree - I chose primal like you because I like full fat Greek yoghurt, cream in my coffee, a little dark choc and red wine on occasion...

Just make sure your yoghurt is plain and full fat.

And don't be afraid of fat. I was at first and i couldn't exercise properly coz I didn't have the energy. Now about 60% of my diet is fat and I run much better than I did Pre paleo! My running buddies thought I was off colour for a couple of weeks, I didn't want to tell them and face the "but you need carbs to exercise.." comments. It's so not true! But you do need to be used to eating low carb. I'd recommend walking only for the first couple of weeks, unless you feel like more, of course...

O I'm used to low carb as been doing dukan which is low carb and low fat but I'm thinking this is what's causing the bingeing the 2 together x I've got a few total 0% to finish then I'll get full fat natural yoghurt which I love x yum cream in coffee sounds like luxury x

Well, if I'm not hungry for breakfast, I just have coffee and a glug of cream. Sets me up nicely. I kept bingeing on Atkins - because I was eating atkins bars and loads of processed stuff. I eat more carbs on paleo than Atkins induction but I think the lack of processed foods really helped me. I did dukan for about 2 days, but it didn't feel natural or healthy. I have to mentally buy in to a diet for it to work, and I didn't with dukan. Sometimes I need "treat food". It doesn't have to be high carb, I consider cream a treat, or dark chocolate, so that works well for me.

I wish you every success on this - are you starting up a diary?

I'm really in with the Paleo forum idea! Please get it going. Did Paleo as a short term diet before my holiday last year and it worked beautifully. Been doing Dukan for a few weeks now but half heartedly and really not convinced it's a healthy way of eating. I have been craving fruit and vegetables so much. That cannot be right. I do believe my body is trying to tell me that I need to change my intake and get those lovely greens back in there every day. Haven't been able to get to grips with using sweeteners either. Never used them, think they are completely unnatural, never will use them. This combined with no fruit has been difficult to manage.

Won't even start on the transit issues....

Phoenyx said:
Well, if I'm not hungry for breakfast, I just have coffee and a glug of cream. Sets me up nicely. I kept bingeing on Atkins - because I was eating atkins bars and loads of processed stuff. I eat more carbs on paleo than Atkins induction but I think the lack of processed foods really helped me. I did dukan for about 2 days, but it didn't feel natural or healthy. I have to mentally buy in to a diet for it to work, and I didn't with dukan. Sometimes I need "treat food". It doesn't have to be high carb, I consider cream a treat, or dark chocolate, so that works well for me.

Yeah been trying not to eat processed stuff on the whole and only seem to eat it when bingeing arghhhhh ....I kind of fell out with dukan as I was giving a lot up (fruit & veg ) and was still only losing a pound or so - what's the point and like you say not very healthy ...yeah I can see a coffee with cream is gonna be my new treat x

Phoenyx said:

O as for diary I'm not sure ....maybe ...suppose it's a way of getting a paleo forum if we start posting more x

greeneyedhippychick said:
I'm really in with the Paleo forum idea! Please get it going. Did Paleo as a short term diet before my holiday last year and it worked beautifully. Been doing Dukan for a few weeks now but half heartedly and really not convinced it's a healthy way of eating. I have been craving fruit and vegetables so much. That cannot be right. I do believe my body is trying to tell me that I need to change my intake and get those lovely greens back in there every day. Haven't been able to get to grips with using sweeteners either. Never used them, think they are completely unnatural, never will use them. This combined with no fruit has been difficult to manage.

Won't even start on the transit issues....

Awwwww me too ....really needed fruit today so thought sod it I need to find something that's healthier and more sustainable x I'll miss the dukan girls though x

Back