Paleolicious

Thinking about tomorrow's food plan and have decided on:

B: cold oxtail broth with fried eggs

Change of plan lol
L: chicken wings with veg

2 apples and some *whispers* gluten free toast with butter

D: GF sausage bake (sausages, onion, broccoli, carrots, eggs and cheese)

Last edited:
Got excited coz I found a gingerbread nakd bar in the cupboard lol its the small things on life :rolleyes:

So flipping hungry again, no point trying to fast if I overeat on the other days!

Busy day again tomorrow! Breakfast will be same as today, cold oxtail broth with fried eggs

Think i'm out for lunch so will go for meat and veggies. Not planned dinner as will depend on how full I am after lunch.

I am curious to know whether you think the fasting had any effect on your ME? I have thought about it in the past but decided against trying although occasionally will have a short fast from dinner to lunch the next day if I'm not hungry for breakfast.

By basa do you mean the fish? I had to google it! LOL! :D

I am curious to know whether you think the fasting had any effect on your ME? I have thought about it in the past but decided against trying although occasionally will have a short fast from dinner to lunch the next day if I'm not hungry for breakfast.

By basa do you mean the fish? I had to google it! LOL! :D

Hehe yeah I mean the fish basa, didn't even know there was a fish called basa until I went to aldi lol thought I'd give it a try!

Weirdly I found so far on fast days I have more energy, so hopefully that will continue. With this heat ive not been overly hungry anyways and wanted to try it as it is supposed to have health benefits. I've been looking round the Internet and some people with ME do seem to have some success with fasting so figured it was worth a shot and the best time for me to trial things is now whilst I'm on my summer break from uni.
I'm actually looking for forward to fasting, sounds weird but I do feel more alert on fast days. I've decided the beat method for me is the Eat Stop Eat where I fast for a 24 hour period, this way I jave a meal each day and don't have to worry about eating during the fast. So for instance today I stopped eating at 5pm and I'll eat again after 5pm tomorrow. I'm not hungry either if I dont start eating and it means I dont have to spend energy on preping meals. I honestly thought I'd be starving and I'd have low energy, but so far so good. Dont know what weight loss benefits I'll get, alas my body doesn't seem to like losing fat! But I'm hoping I'll see some health benefits.

My Internet is not sorted yet so not v up to date with this.

Food....lolz

Friday ended up having an apple and some gluten free toast for lunch, then GF sausages with homemade coleslaw for dinner.

Saturday breakfast was leftover sausages and coleslaw. Such a odd eating day lol lunch was some cherries, then dinner was a tin of tuna with mayo and more cherries. I was too tired to cook and the cherries needed eating up! I did a big shop at the markets so plenty of veg and some meat for the week, the shop completely wore me out.

Sunday was my mums party so had some yummy gluten free party food :D enjoyed it but looking forward to healthy food! On a fast til 5pm tomorrow now.

Been put on diuretics again by my doctor, really hate taking them as get odd side effects, they also affect my appetite so having to make myself eat properly (or not as the case was on sat), its great for fast days but not so much the others! Just hope they do their job.

Having a lazy day tomorrow as shattered, looking forward to chilling :)

Have accomplished absolutely nothing today, done far too much and my ME has let me know big time. So bloody frustrating, hope I pick back up quickly as off to Paris on Friday.

Today's dinner was a veggie and tuna hash with fried eggs. Was too tired to cook anything interesting so made do, to be honest nearly didn't cook anything at all. Ive had some fresh apple juice too. Loving juice at the moment but trying to limit!

Going to have an early night (again) and hopefully will be back to feeling more with it tomorrow.

Thanks for the info about how you've found fasting; hope it has the benefits you are after. :D

Look after yourself and feel better soon! x

Thanks plum :)

Had a good sleep last night so hopefully on the road to getting back to my normal. I'm a sucker for not asking for help and trying to do it all myself so really overdone with moving n all. Resting up for my hols now, chilling for the next few days doing nothing at all!

Loved the thunderstorm last night, love the sound of the rain on the roof, I'm slightly odd that I like rain lol
So, I lost 1.5lbs this week :D yay! Hope its notjust water weight with the diuretics I'm taking. Really chuffed with it though, just hope I don't put it back on in Paris!

Food plan for today:

B: 2 eggs fried in butter, quick breaky as was on the way out for the bus (missed 2 buses this morning and the 3rd was late lol not a good start to the day!)

L: lamb ribs with onions, simple and tasty!
Also picked some raspberries put of the garden for pudding, yum!

D: think I may just have a smoothie, depends on how tired I am, if I'm up to cooking I'll do a cauliflower cheese with coconut nut milk and raw cheese.

The lamb ribs I bought from the market were not nice at all so binned the lot :( waste of money and thinking I may just go back to shopping at Morrisons as at least I can see the produce properly before hande. The veg just doesn't last either, I know its better to shop at the markets and whatnot but I cant afford to be throwing food away and to be honest the quality wasn't all that great. So back to supermarkets!

Made some berry coconut smoothie lollies earlier just waiting for them to freeze up nicely.

Had a completely lazy day today which was what I needed, just need to decide on dinner now, really need to use up the cauliflower so probably do cauliflower cheese, don't have any meat and really cba to go shopping.

So excited, just bought Disneyland tickets for Sunday :D eeek! Need to get packing!!

Today's food:

B: fried eggs and garlic roasted sweet potato

L: chicken wings with onions and courgette

D: Nando's chicken with salad

Looking forward to my holiday, will get straight back to paleo when I get back and try throw a couple of fast days in next week to limit damage as away to Settle/Skipton for a week the saturday after I get back from Paris :)

Salut!

I had an absolutely epic time in Paris and at Disneyland! Did a day doing all the touristy bits like the Eiffel Tower. Had *amazing* food at Helmut Newcake a gluten free patisserie and NoGlu a gluten free restaurant. Had a whistle stop tour of the Louvre on Monday and saw the Mona Lisa, then almost missed my flight home as had problems with train to the airport! So a bit of an adrenalin filled end lol!

Disney was fab lol felt like a little child! Only downside was there is absolutely no coeliac safe food in Disneyland :mad: and online it said you couldn't bring food into the parks (wish we'd taken some food as people were taking picnics in) so ended up with McDonald's fries and finally found a gluten free Magnum to eat, so v unhealthy and to be honest I'll be happy if I never have to eat McDonald's fries again! We paid for breakfast that morning too and all I could eat was a fruit salad and some sachets of Nutella! Honestly thought therw would have been more gluten free food on the buffet but no, so Sunday was an awful day for food and I was longing for a proper meal on Monday!! NoGlu delivered lol had a fab meal and when I gpt home Monday my mumma had made a yummy paleo Shepherds pie for us! :D

So food since I got back has been:

Monday: shepherd's pie

Tuesday: bacon, eggs and mushrooms

Fruit

Chicken wings

Lamb ribs with onions

Wednesday so far: leftover lab rib with poached eggs, mushrooms and cheese

Fruit

I'm absolutely exhausted, having an energy crash (unsurprisingly :rolleyes: ), running to the airport dpes noone any good! So having a few days at my mums to chill and rest. Off away again on Saturday so looking forward to chilling out in Settle. Trying to eat as best I can this week, some od the people I'm away with don't understand coeliacs never mind the paleo diet. I need to stick to paleo as much as I can as it is so good for my ME, so I'm not gonna compromise lol! :p

Geez, I'm so flipping hungry!! Had chicken wings and raspberries for lunch amd already had a pear after! Its odd coz my stomach has been rumbling constantly since yesterday, eaten an absolute huge amount of food and can't stop eating fruit. Was planning on a couple of fast days before my holiday but not gonna manage any if I'm so hungry.

Picked up some more lamb ribs for dinner to have with some veg. Just had a yummy bowl of cherries. Will be having an early dinner before heading to see The Heat at the cinema.

Not updated my food for a few days, been ill with a stomach bug so not eaten much. Hoping it settles down so I can travel without fear for my holiday lol!

Chatted about food with the other ppl going and I should be ok and paleo for the week (bar a gluten cake or 2 :rolleyes:), I explained how well I was eating this way and considering one of my friends is a meat-atarian ot wasn't hard swaying the menu lol! Taking my coconut oil and smoothie things so I cam have smoothies ob stand by. Tje only issue I can forsee is that the others want a meal out and to be honest I can't seem to find any coeliac friendly places :what: so I'm a little wary, but will see what happens. Eating out can be really stressful when you're not sure they understand gluten free properly.

I've not eaten since yesterday lunch due to my tummy troubles and might not eat til dinner tonight, will see how I feel. I think giving my digestive system a rest is not a bad idea right now.

Looking forward to a chilled week, packing wellies lol and sun dresses! Will update when I'm back as will have no mobile reception or Internet for a week!!

Well after a week of wine, cocktails and a few too many gluten free cakes I'm back to paleo 100%! Was totally impossible to eat paleo on holiday :mad: was all I could do to ensure I didn't get gluten contaminated, not impressed tbh some people are so closed minded usless it affects them directly.

Anyhoo enough of the grrrr-ing! I went swimming each morning and did a walk each day, it's such a peaceful place was lovely to chill and just read.

Its so nice to be back in control of my own food! Did a food shop and planning 2 fast days this week. Not going to get weighed for a week or 2 :rolleyes: to try offset last weeks food!!

Sunday:

apple

Berry coconut smoothie

apple and chunk of cheese

Lamb with mushrooms, onions, cheesy kale and green beans

Monday:
Decided to do a fast day from 5pm Sunday to 5pm Monday

Dinner will be scrambled eggs with kale and green beans

Back