Paleolicious

Mmm can you post the bounty bar recipe? Did you have any carrot cake success?

Hope you can rest up today! Yoga can be pretty hardcore depending on what you're doing! x

Mmm can you post the bounty bar recipe? Did you have any carrot cake success?

Hope you can rest up today! Yoga can be pretty hardcore depending on what you're doing! x

Yes, of course! Im hoping they are as amazing as people say lol D
I didnt get round to making them yesterday, just rested up the whole day :) hopefully get round to it this evening.

I've not done the carrot cake yet, need to buy a few ingredients and then I'll be on it.

The yoga was hatha yoga, I enjoyed the sleeping bits best lol! Just fonna go at my own pace with it, there were a few that I had to sit out of as would have been far too ambitious to attempt at the moment. Looking forward to when I can do it all! :)

Throughly enjoyed doing nothing yesterday although wish I'd bought something in for tea that I could have just thrown in the oven. Going to have to find some easy paleo things for days like that. I'm so unprepared for life lol!

Off to pilates today, its a really gentle class, lots of sleep opportunities ;)

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with the last of the kale *sob* and mushrooms

Had a banana for a snack

Will update lunch when I know what it'll be lol

Really fancy belly pork with coleslaw for dinner so, hopefully Sainsburys will have some!

Booooo no belly pork in the shop *sob* off to Morrisons tomorrow so will get some then. Did buy some frozen prawns which were on offer so all is goooood!

Lunch was chicken wings salad and an apple

Dinner is going to be salami and king prawn salad with coleslaw

I may have to have some dark chocolate later too :rolleyes:

The king prawns were sooooo gooooood! :D going to have to ration them as wont be able to afford them again anytime soon!
Food shop tomorrow, may try get to Aldi for some parma ham, cant justify buying it anywhere else.

Really want to lose some weight before back to uni, I've trying with smaller portions and tbh it was just greedy before the amounts I was having, so making a conscious effort on that respect. Think on my fast days I need to eat better when I break my fast, maybe try stick to scrambled eggs and veg or something. Don't know if the small amount of exercise I can manage will help in that respect but it'll help me build some core strength which I am desperately lacking in. Really need to improve my circulation problems and get off these diuretics.

Looking forward to a meal out with the flatmate on Saturday, fancy Indian - reeeeeaaally want to go to Mumtaz as it looks lush - but we'll see! Thankfully the flatmate is paleo too so we'll go somewhere appropriate ;) its jusst annoying having to find somewhere that understands coeliac's too (I'm such a bad date lol).

Tomorrow's breakfast will be scrambled eggs with courgette and maybe a banana

I will *hopefully* be having belly pork for dinner squeeeeee! I'm on a self imposed ban of lamb ribs for now as I cannot portion control them at all *sigh* so going to try my best to get rid of the cravings for them before I reintroduce them! Personally I think I'm craving the fat on them, nothing else comes close *double sigh*.

awww, I'm a good lil housewife today, had a cleaning day lol *and* bought food (only for me though :rolleyes: . Put my new curtains up as the velveteen brown ones that previously graced my bedroom window were a) absolutely vile and b) 5 zillion years old, will be taking mine with me when I move out, they are sooo pretty I'm not leaving them!!

So breakfast was courgette with scrambled eggs and a banana

Lunch was a rather scrummy king prawn and egg salad with homemade coleslaw

Just had an apple for a snack

and dinner will be belly pork *yessssss!* with some fried onion and frozen veg.

Thought I did well doing the food shop I stuck to my list (and even didnt buy 2 items as they were too expensive, I'm sorry but basics tin tuna for 90 pence?!?! Just a rip off coz you know it'll look like cat meat *hem hem* I will actually be buying the one that definitely looks like cat meat from ASDA for 45pence lol) apart from buying some lamb mince which was a super good deal and will be super yummy! Got a list of all the meat/fish I have now and will just be buying more veg when I run out until I've used it all! She says :rolleyes:

Exhausted now though, may need a pre-dinner nap!

Feel more in control of my food now, got some yummy food to keep me on track, just need to watch my portion sizes. I bought some lemons to make some lemon curd paleo stylee and want to make the bounty bars sometime this weekend too.

well today's plans are slightly scuppered as seems gastroenteritis is going round at home so I'm banned, relegated, not allowed anywhere near! Not that I want to go there lol I'm getting far too much information via text message for me to want to see them again at all lol! Might just have a lazy day then. Out tonight, not sure where yet hopefully for some yummy foood!

Breakfast: banana

Lunch/brunch: eggs, sausages and Kale with an apple

Dinner:as yet unknown!

So it looks like we are off to Mumtaz tonight :D I'm excited! My dilemma is whether I should pay £1.50 extra so they cook with EVOO instead of sunflower oil, I know its better for me but really dont know what to do! Guess if its better for me its worth the £1.50! The food is all cooked fresh and think apart from the sunflower oil it should be paleo approved ;).

Hmmmm.... now the big decision is prawns or lamb!!!

:D OoooO exciting times *finally* making the paleo bounty bars, will post the recipe in the recipes thread fingers crossed they turn out good!
Nearly blew up the microwave though :rolleyes: trying to scrap the last bits out of one of the coconut oil jars so threw it in the microwave to soften not realising there was a metal security sticker underneath, lovely firework display!!

The bounty bars are amazing! Going to have to be good and ration them lol although its a fab way to get in a daily dose of coconut oil ;)

Was a good girl and had my meal cooked in EVOO :cool: the food was fab, will definitely go back. I had grilled tiger prawns to start and then had the Karahi lamb which was devine! I adore lamb curries, there's something amazing about slow cooked lamb, cant get enough of lamb! I split a pilau rice, I know -not paleo- but not too bad of a cheat right?! :rolleyes:

Just had a post yoga nap! Enjoyed the yoga think I need to rest up for the rest of the day now. So whole lotta of sleep methinks!
Having a fast day so dinner will be a king prawn salad, looking forward to it. Think I may cry when I run out of prawns lol!

Eugh slept for a good few hours after yoga and just chilled. Watched 3 episodes of The Men Who Made Us Fat grrrrrr! Resisted throwing things at my laptop screen lol but seriously the food industries have a helluva lot to answer for.

Food plan for tomorrow is....

eggs and kale for breakfast, can't decide between scrambled or fried! Either way there is butter involved lol

Undecided on lunch as may be out, might just do a brunch and add some sausages to breakie

Dinner will be coconut oil fried basa with homemade coleslaw and green beans

Off shopping and to the cinema so it'll be a good day :D

Early night methinks!!

How about poached eggs over kale done with butter garlic and touch coconut cream/ single cream ..

Lost 1lb this week, hope I can lose the rest of my holiday gain this week.

Today's food:

Scrambled eggs with kale

Banana

Chicken wings with h/m coleslaw

Not sure on dinner yet, I took some lamb mince out of the freezer last night to make meatballs but having a low energy day so may have to have something easier

I just fried my lamb mince last night in coconut oil,added some onions,carrots and fried for another 5 mins.Put it in a casserole dish topped with mashed sweet potato and butter then cooked it in oven fro 30 mins.Had leftovers for lunch today.:)

That sounds really nice, I love leftovers! :) Might buy a sweet potato and do that tomorrow

Thrown some lamb ribs and onions in the oven for dinner and put my beef bones in the slow cooker to make a broth. Need to get back into the habit of bone broth sure it does me the world of good.

Had a yummy paleo bounty bar :) been soooo good so far since making them and only having one a day! Going to make some mini ones when I get more chocolate. Hmmm think I may have some melon, whilst I watch British Bake Off.

Well done on loosing the 1lb - I'm going to try making the meat loaf from the new hairy dithers book - looks yummy :) I'm going to use coconut oil to cook with and swapping the breadcrumbs for some coconut flour ..

Back