Paleolicious

Well done on loosing the 1lb - I'm going to try making the meat loaf from the new hairy dithers book - looks yummy :) I'm going to use coconut oil to cook with and swapping the breadcrumbs for some coconut flour ..

Thanks! I'm a notoriously slooooow loser lol!

I have that book, will have a look at the recipes. I bought it as wanted to read their weight loss story, didn't realise it was a recipe book til it came lol :rolleyes:

Think today is a duvet day! Going to do not a lot!!

Having a fast day, food will most probably be some melon, then lamb savoury mince with cauliflower mash. Going to make the rest of the mince into meat balls for lunches.

My bone broth ia starting to smell nice now lol

Sooooo fast day was a bit o' a bomb, decided that its not good to fast when my energy is low :sigh: its so easy to not have to think about food n all but will need to plan so I can eat well on such days. So today's food was basically things I could grab without effort. My mum came over and made me some lamb meatballs ( I <3 my mum), so I've got 3 portions of meatballs in the freezer now.

I've been making a list of foods I can bulk cook and freezer for low energy days and uni days, only got a small freezer so will have to buy and cook same dayish so I have room to freeze.

Going to freeze the bone broth into portions, just waiting for the fat to settle on the top.

So the plan for next energy-full day is to make meatloaf muffins with the beef mince I have in the freezer. I want to cook my pork cheeks in the slow cooker with maybe a homemade sweet chilli sauce, will freeze into portions to have in lettuce wraps. Will also invest ins some more chocolate to make more bounty bars.
Need to buy some oxtail to make oxtail broth too. OooooO I love meal planning :D cant wait to have a well stocked freezer!!

Scrapped the solidified fat off the top of the broth, wasn't sure if I could uar it to cook with or not so binned it, will have to investigate! Getting the silicon muffin tray into the freezer was errrm interesting lol took skill I'll tell y!

Decided the easiest way to incorporate the broth into daily life is at breakfast so my scrambled eggs and kale will become a sort of egg drop soup thingy from now on, looking forward to trying it out.

How do you make the bone broth ? is it Just standard homemade broth ?

Yeah think so, I use my slow cooker so I don't have to think about it once its on! I used beef bones this time and threw in onion, garlic cloves, bay leaves and herbs and salt, covered it with water and 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and left it for about 20 hours on low. Next time I'm going to roast the beef bones first so I can strip the meat off them as there was quite a bit on and was a waste as the meat wasnt worth eating after 20 hours in the slow cooker.

Fancy some good food today!

Breakfast is egg drop soup (eggs, kale and broth) hope it turns out yummy!

Breakfast was yummy, ive run out of kale so need to try get more (slight kale addiction! ). Need to keep up with the bone broth so will be buying more beef bones at next shop.

Rest of the day's food plan:

apple

chicken salad

belly pork with cauliflower

Hoping I'm well enough to venture out to get a haircut tomorrow, I also need to re dye it at some point this coming week.

Can't believe its September on Sunday! 2 weeks today is my birthday and first day back at uni! Where has the summer gone?!?

Ate too much fruit yesterday, realised its a major source of my heartburn so going to have to cut it out (definitely apples, oranges and watermelon :( ). I've recently stopped taking omeprazole as was getting a lot of side effects so trying more natural ways of relief.

Today's food:

poached eggs, mushrooms and bacon ( first time in ages I've fancied bacon, hoping I can put it back on the menu!)

Banana ( think this was ok on the heartburn front, will try again)

Chicken and sweet potato mash

onions and lamb

Breakfast was leftover lamb with buttered mashed cauliflower and boiled eggs (odd combo but yummy! )

Not really had lunch, have eaten 2 bananas whilst I tidied up.

Dinner will be broc-cauli chowder out of the Practical Paleo book, tastes fab! With belly pork if it defrosts, failing that I have bacon :)

Done a food shop today, spent £15 don't think I did too bad budgeting! Treated myself to some licorice tea!
I do need to buy some more beef bones when I get chance, want to get into the habit of making a bone broth each week. Used half the broth for my broc-cauli chowder and will use the rest in a butternut squash soup, feeling soupy this week lol not sure why! Probably coz I want to eat a pile of GF bread covered in butter, I'm glad I cant afford to buy any GF bread lol! Also bought liver as craving it, should buy it more often as its cheap. I forget to buy some GF chocolate so can't make more bounty bars yet (don't know if that's a good thing or not....).

I've been drinking a glass of water with lemon juice and some bicarbonate soda in each morning to help my heartburn and so far so good! I've also been adding ginger and lemon to my green tea through the day to help too. So hopefully can keep it under control this way.

Need to sort my sleep out again as I got sloppy and stopped taking my herbal tablets and valerian tea so need to get back in a good routine so I'm fit n ready for uni.

Now Foods Super Enzymes.

Might help with your heartburn - they also do ones for when you have/ are eating gluten ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Foods Super Enzymes,

Might help with your heartburn - they also do ones for when you have/ are eating gluten ..

Thanks, I'll take a look at the link. Fingers crossed the remedies I'm trying will work, feed up of taking tablets lol

I'm coeliac so can't have gluten at all ( have to read every label and lecture waiters when I eat out :p lol not fun!), I do take lactase enzyme tablets when I eat dairy as I'm lactose intolerant, sadly I have to ration my dairy intake though as they are expensive!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG my dinner was gorgeous! :D Chopped up the belly pork and pan fried it then topped the broc-cauli choose with it and all the juices mmmm!

I'm absolutely freezing got hoodie on, a hot water bottle and snuggled under a blanket! Catching up on Britain's Next Top Model, wishing I'd bought some dark chocolate!

Food plan for today is:

Brunch: GF sausages, eggs, kale and some broc-cauli chowder

snack: banana, pork crackling

Dinner: liver, bacon and onions with cauliflower and sweet potato mash

Last edited:
The weather has suddenly turned a bit hasn't it, although here at least it's still sunny during the day but def tending towards the chilly! Hope it's a bit warmer today where you are.

I do like that soup from Practical Paleo, can I enquire whether you thin it out much? We usually leave it thick but it's more like a thin puree than a soup really. :D

What sort of liver do you use? x

The weather has suddenly turned a bit hasn't it, although here at least it's still sunny during the day but def tending towards the chilly! Hope it's a bit warmer today where you are.

I do like that soup from Practical Paleo, can I enquire whether you thin it out much? We usually leave it thick but it's more like a thin puree than a soup really. :D

What sort of liver do you use? x

I use lambs liver, don't fancy pigs liver (don't know why lol).
The soup was more of a puree than a soup, it might need thinning down today as soup always seems thicker the next day. I didn't measure the quantities out for the recipe basically threw a load of broccoli and cauliflower in a pan and cooked in the bone broth! Tastes great though :)

I'm hoping its warmer too! Can't tell from my cozy bed lol it definitely seems autumnal, hmmm a good excuse for some online jumper shopping?!?! ;)

I use lambs liver, don't fancy pigs liver (don't know why lol).
The soup was more of a puree than a soup, it might need thinning down today as soup always seems thicker the next day. I didn't measure the quantities out for the recipe basically threw a load of broccoli and cauliflower in a pan and cooked in the bone broth! Tastes great though :)

I'm hoping its warmer too! Can't tell from my cozy bed lol it definitely seems autumnal, hmmm a good excuse for some online jumper shopping?!?! ;)

Hmm I wouldn't fancy pigs liver either :eek: but then my excuse would be that I don't tolerate too much pork, not that it just sounds icky.... I tried lambs liver but not sure if it was the way I cooked it but I couldn't eat much of it. I can manage beef liver minced and added to homemade sausage meat patties though, so should probably try the lambs liver again once the memory isn't so fresh in my mind.

As it's now September, a spot of jumper shopping sounds like just the thing. I did object to needing to use my electric blanket last night to preheat the bed though as it was still August then!!! x

Just discovered I live within walking distance of a Waitrose!! :eek: exciting times people!! They stock the most amazing gluten free products, I had lots of fun drooling over things lol was a good paleo girl and didn't buy anything (I can't promise I won't be buying some GF scones for my birthday though...) except a bag of "Awfully Posh" Pork Crackling, perfect paleo snack - two ingredients pork crackling and sea salt! They are very nice too :D.

Also found my valerian tea as H&B were sold out the other day, so all is good!

Just discovered I live within walking distance of a Waitrose!! :eek: exciting times people!! They stock the most amazing gluten free products, I had lots of fun drooling over things lol was a good paleo girl and didn't buy anything (I can't promise I won't be buying some GF scones for my birthday though...) except a bag of "Awfully Posh" Pork Crackling, perfect paleo snack - two ingredients pork crackling and sea salt! They are very nice too :D.

Also found my valerian tea as H&B were sold out the other day, so all is good!

Oh that is super exciting!! :D It would be dangerous for me though as I just love Waitrose and can spend ages perusing (and buying) things there. :eek: Unfortunately for me they also sell some things that I can *almost* justify like tapioca pudding made with coconut milk and mango puree. As well as the pork cracklings, Montezuma's chocolate without soya lecithin and some seaweed crisps that are super yummy - all of which I class as entirely allowable! Fortunately for me they're a 35 minute drive away from my house, and if I want to go after work it's about a 20 minute drive through rush hour traffic in the wrong direction, so I only go fairly infrequently. Great that you were able to get some valerian tea! How do you find the taste of that? I currently take Quiet Life tablets at bedtime but kind of want to get away from them because of the sugar coating... but not sure I am hardcore enough to manage straight valerian. :D

Back