party clothes problem

Noooooooo, 80's music rocked, I am such an 80s child, very happy the bands are reforming and most of them are still hot, I mean have you seen Morten Harket lately - 50 and I would **** him and I am so not a fan of older men!!!

Jez
xx

Jez, the Choose Life and Relax t-shirts made a come back in the summer last year! 80's has been coming back for a while ~ we went to an outdoor 80's concert in the t shirts and saw The Human League, Duran Duran etc. just last summer.

Morten Harket was on my wall alongside George Michael in my teens. In fact I had my first french kiss with Morten. :p But the poster was rubbish at kissing me back. xx :D

How I envy all you ladies, I would love to wear leggings/jeggings however with my lymphodema my legs are awful!
I thought after losing 3 stone I may be getting nearer to it but I cannot get knee high boots on even from Evans. It is very disappointing but I just have to dress to my shape rather than to fashion as I would like.
you girls all look fantastic so I am sure you wold look great whatever you wore Daisy.
I can remember going to a party in a yellow vest black mini skirt and yellow leggings in the 80s I must have looked like a blinking bumble bee!!!
milli

Milli hun there are bootmakers that make specific to your calf size, I think one company is called buttons and bows?? Have a look online. I remember looking at them before. It will cost about £150 to £200 but that is not excessive considering the wear you will get out of them and that they will last a few seasons. I think Jones The Bootmaker might do bespoking too, just have a squizz onine.

Jez
xx

Milli, I think it's Simply Be who also do wide fitting boots ~ might be a bit cheaper if you plan on having smaller calves soon. :)

FT, that link is fab ~ gave me goosebumps...but I'm stumped as to the comeback thing?? :confused: Help! xx :p

Tell ya later LB but the clue is there.

Try Wide & Narrow Calf Ladies Boots | Width Fitting Women’s Shoes Milli. Also I have a divine pair of Reikers that are all leather on the front and like an elastic all up the back. Now I know that doesn't sound right but they don't look like they sound and they fit so comfortably!!! And it's not like those M&S ones that slouch after a while, it's stiffer.

You mean the riding boots FT?

If you do I have just ordered a pair online which are patent flat riding boots ~ I love that both patent AND flat is in this season!

( Hope they will fit at least by Xmas if not yet! ;)) xx

Well I can't see ridng boots on Fergie FT so am gonna say jodphurs????? :confused:

They are a flat knee high LB, but I've had them for about 4 years (yes, they're that good) and I bought them in the Outlet shop in Gunwharf Quay Portsmouth for £30!! Bargain!

Wow that IS a bargain!!!

I have a lot of knee high boots with heels (that have been sitting in their boxes for a couple of years now :eek:)but am looking forward to wearing the new flat ones.

The ones with heels don't fit me again yet ~ except maybe one pair I bought from Morgan which have elastic in the leg.

On the positive, I am almost back into a very nice wool coat from Per Una ~ then it's downhill from there and the nice Karen Millens will be coming out of their plastic. xx :)

Speaking of comebacks... Did anyone see this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aSbKvm_mKA

(And if you can't figure the come back link... I'll tell you later. ;))

Yeah, thats a cool flash mob. I saw that the other day and have sent it almost everyone I know - its a real feelgood factor!

Must admit I am intruigued by the come back mystery too :D

Awwww!!!!!!!! They are the Flash mob! As you said! You must remember Flashdance??!!?? Leggins and the perm all in one!:eek::D:D

My OH and I were at the huge Showcase cinema complex last weekend ( albeit looking in Borders, not going to see a film), and there were lots of young girls wearing the neon tutus and leg warmers ~ presumably going to see the Fame film.

I remember the original Fame film, and series....made me chuckle as every generation really do believe they are the first with fashion! I remember my mum telling me when I was younger that capri pants were all the fashion when she was young...I was shocked! :eek: The harsh reality that my mum had been wearing the same funky capri pants as me!!! :p

I love cruising youtube looking at all the different flash mobs.

Love the frozen people in Grand Central Station - very well done!

ANd teh Dound of mUisc ones in the station are good too.

There was a very very funny one at a shopping mall but I cant find it anymore! Will keep looking.

Never taken part Jez, but would like to!

Back