Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Hi Kie... It has taken me 19 weeks overall.. and as silly as it sounds, its the easiest thing i have ever done!..Almost half way there, so still have a trek to go.. but loving every minute xxx

Wow well done MissMiff! You should put a century badge on, you deserve one.

Did any of you find a delayed reaction to the op? I 'fitted' mine last Friday night but didn't feel any difference in my eating or fullness (though to be honest I struggled with the golden rules). Then Wednesday I woke up totally different. Barely been hungry and even when I have it's only been very slight. Plus whenever I've tried to eat solid foods I've ended up feeling sick afterwards. On Wednesday morning though I'd lost almost 2lb (first loss since coming off vlcd) and this morning I'd lost 5lb. Thing is I don't know if this drastic change in my eating habits is because of a delayed reaction to the op or because I had a bad emotional shock on Tuesday evening (though I was still fine eating straight after and I've always been a comfort eater).

Did any of you find a delayed reaction to the op? I 'fitted' mine last Friday night but didn't feel any difference in my eating or fullness (though to be honest I struggled with the golden rules). Then Wednesday I woke up totally different. Barely been hungry and even when I have it's only been very slight. Plus whenever I've tried to eat solid foods I've ended up feeling sick afterwards. On Wednesday morning though I'd lost almost 2lb (first loss since coming off vlcd) and this morning I'd lost 5lb. Thing is I don't know if this drastic change in my eating habits is because of a delayed reaction to the op or because I had a bad emotional shock on Tuesday evening (though I was still fine eating straight after and I've always been a comfort eater).

I was ok after the 'op', but overeating did make me fee nauseous.

I know in the real op people simply cannot have solid foods for the first few months, so perhaps this may have happened to you?

It may well be down to the shock you received. How are you getting on now?

Ps... I lost 3.5lb this week!..xxx So 20 weekly weigh ins so far, totalling 7 stone 7.5lb loss!

Well I weighed in yesterday and lost 1lb - was hoping for abit more but as I stuck to the Golden Rules 100% but at least it was still a loss :)

Will probably be a sts same at best next weigh in though, or even a gain as its my birthday today and I've been abit naughty! Back to it 100% tommorow though!

Back from hols yesterday and weighed in this morning................gained 5 pounds. I'm actually ok with that. I was doing really well until about day 4 and then gradually ate more and more everyday. Unfortunately, I didn't have my CD with me, if I could've had a 'top up' session I think I would have done better. What will be interesting now, is how quick it comes off again. I have had my 'band' adjusted this morning - so lets see what happens.
Weird thing is, in times gone passed I would've been upset, annoyed and wondering how on earth I was going to get the weight back off and how long it would take. Today I feel calm and optimistic - hurrah!
Wish me luck! X

Back from hols yesterday and weighed in this morning................gained 5 pounds. I'm actually ok with that. I was doing really well until about day 4 and then gradually ate more and more everyday. Unfortunately, I didn't have my CD with me, if I could've had a 'top up' session I think I would have done better. What will be interesting now, is how quick it comes off again. I have had my 'band' adjusted this morning - so lets see what happens.
Weird thing is, in times gone passed I would've been upset, annoyed and wondering how on earth I was going to get the weight back off and how long it would take. Today I feel calm and optimistic - hurrah!
Wish me luck! X

Thats such a fantastic attitude!.. and its the one that will see you through!.. well done, and good luck! x

Wish me luck! X

Let me know if you need any help xxx

Thanks Ladies! Weigh in tomorrow, hoping all back a track. Now I've listened to the HGB trance and had a 'top up' with the 'I can make you thin' app, I feel back in control and good about myself. So bring on Friday morning!
Hope you're having a good week? Noted that someone go their 'century' - well done Miss Miff! amazing! Roziee, well done on your loss so far - bet you didn't think you'd lose 3 pounds in a week?!
X

Thanks a million slimmer!

Hoping you have a great loss this week!

My loss was 8lb, so loop the loop happy!

Ticked another goal off, Ive now lost 8 stone 1lb, and and I wanted to lose 8 stone by my race for life which is on 23/07/13.. So I am just over 3 weeks early!...

I owe Mr McKenna a big old kiss!.. xxxxx

Hello, Well done on all your loses! Just been wondering.
I have listened to the HGB at the start of the week. I'm still putting everything I eat into My Fitness Pal just out of curiosity and I seem to be at 700-1000cal a day before exercise. Is that normal? I thought that below 1200 wasn't good. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode.
I'm following all the instructions and don't ever feel really hungry, not snacking really.
The only thing I've had is headaches today, but then I realised that I didn't drink enough fluid so think that answers why that came along. Must remember to keep drinking water.
Thanks Aliebum x

Thanks a million slimmer!

Hoping you have a great loss this week!

My loss was 8lb, so loop the loop happy!

Ticked another goal off, Ive now lost 8 stone 1lb, and and I wanted to lose 8 stone by my race for life which is on 23/07/13.. So I am just over 3 weeks early!...

I owe Mr McKenna a big old kiss!.. xxxxx

I can't believe you had an 8lb loss - that's amazing! I know that you say you have a lot to lose, but to be dropping that much after you've been following Mr P Mc for a good while is brilliant - all credit to you. And with your increased Zumba and your target loss, you'll race through your race for life! That will be a great day, I loved doing it (knee surgery prevents now) one of my bestest days.
I managed to lose 2lbs by weigh in Friday. So quite pleased with that. 3lbs more to go to pre holiday weight - can I do that this week......?
Good luck for this week - at this rate you'll be 9 stone down before your race! X
Good luck to everyone else too. Let us know how you're getting on x

Hello, Well done on all your loses! Just been wondering.
I have listened to the HGB at the start of the week. I'm still putting everything I eat into My Fitness Pal just out of curiosity and I seem to be at 700-1000cal a day before exercise. Is that normal? I thought that below 1200 wasn't good. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode.
I'm following all the instructions and don't ever feel really hungry, not snacking really.
The only thing I've had is headaches today, but then I realised that I didn't drink enough fluid so think that answers why that came along. Must remember to keep drinking water.
Thanks Aliebum x

Hi there!
I'm not sure about this. I've never really counted calories. In fact my best weight losses ( Slimming World and HGB) are specifically non- calorie counting plans. However, we must be taking in far fewer calories to get the weight loses that we do, that's simple logic isn't it? You lose weight if you use more energy than you put in. Whether this is good or not, I'm not sure. But what I do know is that Mr M says that your body will guide you to what you need,that you should only eat when you're hungry and you should eat what you want. Do you mean starvation mode where your metabolism slows down and your body starts to build fat reserves? Again, not sure, but most people seem to have consistent loss over a period of time, which seems to indicate that this is not happening.
I wish you luck, I would suggest not counting the calories for a while and just go with the concept! And keep drinking!
Let us know how you get on x

Hi there!
I'm not sure about this. I've never really counted calories. In fact my best weight losses ( Slimming World and HGB) are specifically non- calorie counting plans. However, we must be taking in far fewer calories to get the weight loses that we do, that's simple logic isn't it? You lose weight if you use more energy than you put in. Whether this is good or not, I'm not sure. But what I do know is that Mr M says that your body will guide you to what you need,that you should only eat when you're hungry and you should eat what you want. Do you mean starvation mode where your metabolism slows down and your body starts to build fat reserves? Again, not sure, but most people seem to have consistent loss over a period of time, which seems to indicate that this is not happening.
I wish you luck, I would suggest not counting the calories for a while and just go with the concept! And keep drinking!
Let us know how you get on x

Thanks for getting back to me Theconstantslimmer and well done on your 2lbs loss!

Since I posted that I seem to have evened out to about 1400-1700 cals per day which feels more sustainable, it was worrying me before so I wasn't enjoying the way of eating.
And yes I meant starvation mode as in metabolism slowing down but it can also cause liver damage and muscle wastage in the long run.
I use my fitness pal just to write everything down (and look at the calories just about of curiosity in this case) - to help me see what I'm changing in my choices. I do it at the end of the day so not counting as I go along in a calorie counting way or worrying about the number. Maybe there is a way to do it without the calories automatically being attached - I know what I can do...use a pen and paper!! :) Just need to trust the system and my body. Although Paul did say if you a skeptic stay a skeptic and just follow the rules!

This week I'm down 4lbs!! and it's hasn't felt like dieting at all, have definitely noticed that snacking isn't something I want to do. And because i'm now actually chewing and there fore tasting my food for longer, what I want to eat is changing. I've gone from the fasted eater at the table to the slowest! I think that has beed my biggest achievement this week! and took a lot more thought then eating when hungry and stoping when full.
Thanks again, Aliebum x

Last edited:

Thanks for getting back to me Theconstantslimmer and well done on your 2lbs loss!

Since I posted that I seem to have evened out to about 1400-1700 cals per day which feels more sustainable, it was worrying me before so I wasn't enjoying the way of eating.
And yes I meant starvation mode as in metabolism slowing down but it can also cause liver damage and muscle wastage in the long run.
I use my fitness pal just to write everything down (and look at the calories just about of curiosity in this case) - to help me see what I'm changing in my choices. I do it at the end of the day so not counting as I go along in a calorie counting way or worrying about the number. Maybe there is a way to do it without the calories automatically being attached - I know what I can do...use a pen and paper!! :) Just need to trust the system and my body. Although Paul did say if you a skeptic stay a skeptic and just follow the rules!

This week I'm down 4lbs!! and it's hasn't felt like dieting at all, have definitely noticed that snacking isn't something I want to do. And because i'm now actually chewing and there fore tasting my food for longer, what I want to eat is changing. I've gone from the fasted eater at the table to the slowest! I think that has beed my biggest achievement this week! and took a lot more thought then eating when hungry and stoping when full.
Thanks again, Aliebum x

Well done Aliebum! You seem to have got it completely sussed!
It's weird how when you can eat what you want rather than what you think you should have, that you make good choices isn't it?
You should be proud of your 4lbs loss and a great attitude! Look forward to hearing more good results and your progress soon x

Hi Everyone,

I've just downloaded the i can make you thin mp3.
if that works i'm buying the GBH book.

My name is Karin, i'm 31 and had my first baby 5 months ago.
I'm 1.55 m / 5.1" and weigh 83 kg / 13st. / 183 pounds.

I have tried every diet i can get my hands on.
I really hope this can help me lose the weight and get me motivated to work out.

When i signed up on this website i used MissMiff as a referer because i've read her posts and she's inspired me to do my best.
So MissMiff without knowing it, you've inspired a Dutch girl to get her hypnosis on :)

Thanx..!!

Karin

Hi Everyone,

I've just downloaded the i can make you thin mp3.
if that works i'm buying the GBH book.

My name is Karin, i'm 31 and had my first baby 5 months ago.
I'm 1.55 m / 5.1" and weigh 83 kg / 13st. / 183 pounds.

I have tried every diet i can get my hands on.
I really hope this can help me lose the weight and get me motivated to work out.

When i signed up on this website i used MissMiff as a referer because i've read her posts and she's inspired me to do my best.
So MissMiff without knowing it, you've inspired a Dutch girl to get her hypnosis on :)

Thanx..!!

Karin

Hi Karin, the fist step is always the hardest one..

but wow thank you, its so nice to be someone's inspiration.. But please bare in mind, I was morbidly obese, and that's probably why its disappearing so fast...

but in saying that, if you really put your mind to it, and listening whole heartedly to your body, you will succeed... I know too,that you will become and inspiration for me and others xxx

best of luck. And keep us all posted xxxx

Last night i told my husband About my plans And he found me the gastric band hypnosis audio en dvd online. So i don't have the book. Bit started this morning anyway.

I read the 4 golden files first.
Then i put on the pre-op mp3
And then listened to the operation mp3

I listened to both of them before having breakfast And i was super hungry

After i was done (can't remember half THE things he said) i went to THE kitchen to get Some food
I decided on potatosalad (didn't have Much choice) tool my first bite And suddenly out of bouwgereedschap thought " NO you have to close your Eyes And enjoy it." Then after THE second bite i realized i hadn't chewed my bites 20 times And that i was still holding my fork. So i followed The Rules THE rest of THE bites.

Which actually turned out to be 10 bites maximum. I stopped eating cause it didn't taste good anymore And i Also didn't feel hungry anylonger.

I'll keep you posted

Xxx Karin

Hi all

I installed the band a couple of weeks ago - but found that wasn't enough for me on it's own (dramatic weight loss in the first few days - but then bounced back up again - and yes I know I shouldn't have weighed myself so soon).

So I've started with ICMYT, with a HGB top up once a week - and seem to be doing better now - but I have noticed something a little odd since installing the band.

Has anyone else noticed any unrelated positive effects - I am not only an emotional eater, but also an emotional smoker. Since letting PM into my life the desire to smoke has diminished greatly - and I've even been putting out half smoked cigarettes as I don't want any more. Seems to me the hypnosis has had an impact on everything I put in my mouth - not just food.

Back