Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Cazmo, that's an amazing side effect with the smoking.

I'm down 3lbs this week - bringing me to a total of 1/2st in 2 weeks. I doubt that speed will continue for much longer but it's nice to have an encouraging whoosh at the beginning. It's been really great - able to go to BBQ's and have ice cream - but more surprisingly another time I was able to say no thanks to ice cream without feeling deprived. Things like that make me feel like this is a sustainable way of eating.

Hows everyone else getting on?

Things are going good my end..

only lost 1lb this week, but that is solely down to lack of exercise. My food intake was good, as I just cannot seem to over eat on this regime...

going to work my socks off this week exercise wise.. Already hiked 5k today, and did a 5k cycle too..

Xxxxx

Hi all

I installed the band a couple of weeks ago - but found that wasn't enough for me on it's own (dramatic weight loss in the first few days - but then bounced back up again - and yes I know I shouldn't have weighed myself so soon).

So I've started with ICMYT, with a HGB top up once a week - and seem to be doing better now - but I have noticed something a little odd since installing the band.

Has anyone else noticed any unrelated positive effects - I am not only an emotional eater, but also an emotional smoker. Since letting PM into my life the desire to smoke has diminished greatly - and I've even been putting out half smoked cigarettes as I don't want any more. Seems to me the hypnosis has had an impact on everything I put in my mouth - not just food.

Hi there!
This is exactly what I'm doing HGB and ICMYT together, as it was easy for me to listen to the trance app. I'm finding that the ICMYT is more about personal feelings, visualisation and esteem and yes, I too am finding positive effects in other areas in my life. I have always had an unrealistic view of what I should look like, but I seem to be more content and happy with what I see in the mirror and am able to recognise how far I've come on my weight loss journey over the years and be proud of myself. I'm also a lot calmer and able to think things over clearly. My sister, who has mental health problems, has said that I've given her really good advice over the last few months too - can this all be coincidence?.........

Well done ladies, looking good!
Loving your new profile pic MissMiff! how long to your Race for Life? Are you ready?
Good work Aliebum, you must be really pleased.
I've not weighed myself, as I managed to get a copy of the ICMYT book and read that on this plan you should only weigh yourself every 2 weeks.......it is torture, I can tell you! I'm scared..........!!
Good luck to all on the thread xxx

Hi everyone, I am so pleased to see that a few more people are following Paul McKenna! I started using his system (for the second time) almost 3weeks ago. I love it and I feel so liberated being able to eat what I want! It all makes so much sense, doesn't it?
First week I lost 3.5lbs, second 2lbs and I can feel my clothes a getting looser! Lovely feeling! I stopped smoking at the same time and both challenges are going really well.
I am not using the CD's this time round. They bored me to death last time and all I wanted to do is switch it off 5mins in.
Glad to hear it's all working for you too!

Refitting the band tonight - currently re reading the book. Wonderful inspiration from this thread, did this for two weeks at the beginning of the year and it was brilliant. Hope to keep it going this time!

Well done ladies, looking good!
Loving your new profile pic MissMiff! how long to your Race for Life? Are you ready?
Good work Aliebum, you must be really pleased.
I've not weighed myself, as I managed to get a copy of the ICMYT book and read that on this plan you should only weigh yourself every 2 weeks.......it is torture, I can tell you! I'm scared..........!!
Good luck to all on the thread xxx

Thank you xxxx and my race for life is on Tuesday 23 July ... I think I am as ready as I am ever going to be.. I have always wanted to do it, but was just to big to even attempt it... I am still big, but I can do it now!

xxx

Thank you xxxx and my race for life is on Tuesday 23 July ... I think I am as ready as I am ever going to be.. I have always wanted to do it, but was just to big to even attempt it... I am still big, but I can do it now!

xxx

You are such an inspiration! Do you have before and after pic's? x

Can anyone tell me if you can 'remove' the band at any time? say when you hit target?

You are such an inspiration! Do you have before and after pic's? x

You are too kind.. Now I'm blushing..

i do have a pic.. Is not too good, but here it is

image.jpg

The first picture was taken October 2012.. i started the PM book at the end if January this year, and the 2nd picture was last week, after 8 stone 3lb loss..as you can see I still have a long old way, but I feel great and I know this time I can do it.

good luck on your losses xxx

Wow -such a difference. I have a lot to lose too - looking forward to my book coming.

Truly inspirational - well done!

you look totally amazing! You should be so proud of yourself. the band healthy? Can you stop it at any time? xx

Wow and wow again Missmiff! That's an amazing loss in such a short time! Well done you and like the others have said, you truly are an inspiration!

My book arrived today, but even though I am eager to start reading it, I just haven't got the time today! If you see me posting around 3am, I stayed up to read it LOL

Missmiff....can I ask your opinion please? I am going on holiday this coming Sunday for 2 weeks. Do you think it's worth starting it now or would it be better to wait til I get back?

At the moment I am following Paul's "I can make you thin" and lost 7lbs in 3 weeks and stopped smoking at the same time, but I would like to step it up a bit with the hypnotic band system! :)

Thanks all for your lovely comments.

I believe that you can stop the band anytime.. and that it is healthy, as I have never, since I was 25 years old had this much energy, and vigor!.. I am also eating far more healthy food than I would ever of dreamed off. As for exercise, I wouldnt entertain a 5 minute walk previously, now I hike and bike constantly.

As far as starting the book before holiday, I think yes... To me personally this has changed my eating for life, its not like a diet club where you can say, 'ooh im having a cheat day' as those days no longer exist. You become so satisfied with the food you eat that you dont need the extra naughties. After a while you will notice the food you craved.. (for me, choccy and crisps), dont taste the same anymore, and just taste fatty.

Once you start, you really do have to listen to your body, and take time whilst eating your food, whether it be a bowl of cereal, or a sunday roast. Really listen and when youre full, simply stop.. I know it sounds silly, but it really is that easy.

Good luck all, and let me know how you all get on, as I am sure as inspirational I may seem, I still look for inspiration in others..

Jane xxxxx

Can anyone tell me if you can 'remove' the band at any time? say when you hit target?

Hiya! I'm not sure if remove is the right word, but it will adjust itself to make sure it's the right fit for a changing you. Once you have listened to the CD a few more times, you will actually hear Paul say something along the lines of - ' and each time you listen to this your gastric band will be adjusted to fit you perfectly'. .......I'm thinking that this means that as long as you continue to listen from time to time it will always be there, but eventually will be helping you maintain rather than lose.
It appears to me to be safe and healthy, just bringing to the foremost of your mind the essence of eating what your body needs.
Good Luck xxx

Back