Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

I read the book partly last night and the rest today (successfully ignoring housework!). Watched the DVD, but I can't help feeling the Havening technic is a bit silly. Maybe because I don't feel bad at the moment? Who knows?
I listened to the CD and even though I am a real sceptic when it comes to hypnosis, I felt incredibly relaxed! I could barely feel my arms and legs and when he counted down to wake up, I felt a real difference from trance to waking.
I had some leftover Ravioli from last yesterday a short while ago. Only ate 7, left over half of them. I ate slowly and made sure I chewed every bite at least 20 times and I was full/satisfied.
At this moment in time, I can't say how well or if at all this is working, but time will tell! I'll probably listen to the CD every day until we go on holiday on Sunday. After that I won't have the opportunity.
Who knows, I might come back from an all inclusive holiday a stone lighter? LOL

I read the book partly last night and the rest today (successfully ignoring housework!). Watched the DVD, but I can't help feeling the Havening technic is a bit silly. Maybe because I don't feel bad at the moment? Who knows?
I listened to the CD and even though I am a real sceptic when it comes to hypnosis, I felt incredibly relaxed! I could barely feel my arms and legs and when he counted down to wake up, I felt a real difference from trance to waking.
I had some leftover Ravioli from last yesterday a short while ago. Only ate 7, left over half of them. I ate slowly and made sure I chewed every bite at least 20 times and I was full/satisfied.
At this moment in time, I can't say how well or if at all this is working, but time will tell! I'll probably listen to the CD every day until we go on holiday on Sunday. After that I won't have the opportunity.
Who knows, I might come back from an all inclusive holiday a stone lighter? LOL

It sounds brilliant..

I totally agree with the Havening bit... I've not used it yet, but then I am/ was not an emotional eater, just a greedy scoffer..lol

Don't forget to keep us all updated with your progress....

All you have to do is give the food you eat the respect it deserves.

Wishing you all the luck in the world..

X

Hi All, I have listened to Paul McKenna and the first couple of days was easy, today I feel I have let it go so will listen to the CD and watch DVD again. Is there anyone who has lost weight with Paul McKenna. I had an operation on my back last October and put weight on. BUt the weight has gone on and I am at my wits end. Wish me luck, I also have to find a decent air of scales. Any help and suppport will be gratefully accepted :)

I think you need to read this whole thread as MissMiff has lost alot of weight with PM. I haven't tried it yet so can't be any help. Good luck on your journey x

Hi All, I have listened to Paul McKenna and the first couple of days was easy, today I feel I have let it go so will listen to the CD and watch DVD again. Is there anyone who has lost weight with Paul McKenna. I had an operation on my back last October and put weight on. BUt the weight has gone on and I am at my wits end. Wish me luck, I also have to find a decent air of scales. Any help and suppport will be gratefully accepted :)

Hi there, I have lost 8 stone 4lb in 23 weeks using the PM book, it's the only thing that has ever worked for me..

Just listen to your body, and follow the rules

loafs of luck xxxx

Wow missmiff you look amazing! I've read my book tonight and listened to hypno just got my fingers crossed!! I so hope it works for me..
Oh and hope you don't mind me jumping into the conversations anyone I've only just downloaded this app xxx

Wow missmiff you look amazing! I've read my book tonight and listened to hypno just got my fingers crossed!! I so hope it works for me..
Oh and hope you don't mind me jumping into the conversations anyone I've only just downloaded this app xxx

I love a jumper-inner..lol.. The more the merrier...

Best of luck with your book.. Think light, and let us all know how you're getting on.. Xxx

Leanne, jump in as much as you want! The more input the better I would say! :)
I've been following PM's system for nearly 4weeks and I stopped smoking at the same time. I wanted to prove to myself I can lose weight and quit the same time after putting on lots when I stopped last year and started again a few months ago! I followed "I can make you thin" for the first 3weeks and that alone works really well! I've only just got the Gastric band book/CD/DVD.
Personally, I would say, don't just rely on the hypnosis alone! I had to learn to listen to my body's signals. It takes a bit of getting used to and I still have to ask myself "am I really hungry?". But this beats dieting by a long shot! You can eat whatever you want. Which diet offers you this?
When I did Slimming World, I craved Nutella and ate jar after jar with a spoon. Now I don't touch it at all!
I thought SW was the best thing since sliced bread and even became a Consultant. That didn't stop me from gaining all I'd lost previously though :-(
PM is so right when he says "diets don't work!" and most of us have experienced this ourselves. You lose weight, struggle, fall of the wagon, feel guilty, gain, lose....and so on! A life of misery!
On every diet you have to follow rules and on PM's system you have to aswell, but I rather follow his and live!

Thanks Angela & missmiff. I haven't touched a bit of choc today which was weird not craving it chocolate is my biggest downfall ha! I was in the shop looking at it today and it kinda made me feel sick, not sure if it was just in my head or the hypno worked either way I'm happy! (I did have a mini twister though) oops ha! Gonna listen to the cd again in a minute!!
I'm having a problem with the havening technique though do we need to do this for it to work?
Xx

I'm having a problem with the havening technique though do we need to do this for it to work?
Xx
As far as I understand, no! The Havening technique is to help you to feel positive and good about yourself to combat emotional eating. That's how I understood it anyway.
You are not alone though, I find it a bit daft, but who knows, it might just work when we need it! ;-)

Hi there! I've been on this thread for a while and have lost weight using PM. I don't have much to lose, but was stuck above my goal weight for 6 years! This has helped me no end - not only with weight loss, but with attitude towards food, diet ( I was obsessed) and body image.
I think it's ok to listen to the CD whenever you need a top up, it seems to be fine - in fact I think I'll do it today.
Good luck, ! x

Thanks Angela & missmiff. I haven't touched a bit of choc today which was weird not craving it chocolate is my biggest downfall ha! I was in the shop looking at it today and it kinda made me feel sick, not sure if it was just in my head or the hypno worked either way I'm happy! (I did have a mini twister though) oops ha! Gonna listen to the cd again in a minute!!
Xx

I've never used Havening either. I can't remember the sequence without reading it and that breaks the concentration, so gave up!
We seem to be doing alright without it though.....I too think its to replace the 'comfort' feeling if you're a comfort eater.
Good Luck! X

Totally agree... The Havening wasn't for me!... I do believe it is solely for emotional eaters, of which I am not one..

if you feel you don't need it, dont do it.. X

Good luck x

Hey everyone im new to this site. I found the thread searching on google for paul Mckennas gastric band results and omg how brilliant have you done missmiff? It's unbelievable have you done it just by this way or have you stopped yourself from eating bad stuff? I've got my book I'm just working myself up to read it. I'm struggling to believe it will work for me. I've done weight watchers and slimming world and they all work but then I get bored of not being able to eat what I want then its bye bye diet and weight loss and hello even more weight. Recently been told that I need to lose weight to successfully succeed in getting pregnant and cut my chances of miscarriage (doc basically said I miscarried cos I was fat, horrid woman) anyway, I need a support group x

Last edited:
Hi Pinkylous and welcome! You sound like most of us when it comes to diets! They do work, but never ever long term! I once thought SW was the best thing since sliced bread after losing 4st and became a Consultant. Despite that, my weight slowly went back on! SW and other diet clubs, pride themselves in their success stories, but they fail to mention that the percentage of people reaching their target weight and maintaining it is so tiny, it's not even worth mentioning! But that's what they bargain on! People lose weight, gain and because it came off first time round, they come back!
If they really cared, they would be a registered charity!
I only did "I can make you thin" for 3 weeks and now moved on to the Gastric band system. Only been doing it a few days, but it seems to be working!
Good luck with your effort and let us know how you are getting on! :)

Edited to add:
If you look the word "PIG" up in a dictionary, you'll probably find a photo of me! LOL
Now, in the name of Science, or because I didn't quite believed this works, I bought my favourite cookies earlier.
M&S double chocolate, pack of 5 huge, gorgeous cookies! This would previously only been a snack, eaten quickly and then the wrappers hidden under other rubbish in the bin, so nobody knew how much I ate again!
Got home, made myself a cup of coffee and sat down with my drink and cookies, ate 1, started the 2nd and half way through, felt nauseous. I really had to stop eating, I felt sick!
Now this has never ever happened before! This is bordering on witchcraft LOL
Am I turning into a hypnosis believer?

Last edited:
Hey everyone im new to this site. I found the thread searching on google for paul Mckennas gastric band results and omg how brilliant have you done missmiff? It's unbelievable have you done it just by this way or have you stopped yourself from eating bad stuff? I've got my book I'm just working myself up to read it. I'm struggling to believe it will work for me. I've done weight watchers and slimming world and they all work but then I get bored of not being able to eat what I want then its bye bye diet and weight loss and hello even more weight. Recently been told that I need to lose weight to successfully succeed in getting pregnant and cut my chances of miscarriage (doc basically said I miscarried cos I was fat, horrid woman) anyway, I need a support group x

Hello again Pinky.. Xx

i have done it basically by listening to my body, and if I am full I stop eating, and when I am hungry I eat...

i had a huge problem with this in the beginning, as I had over eaten so much I never knew what it was like to feel full or hungry.. So it took a few days to recognise the feelings.

ive never really been an unhealthy eater.. But what I did eat I would have huge portions of, and eat left overs, and pick constantly.. I did like chocolate and crisps, but these things I don't miss.. At the start if this plan I would eat chocolate, and still lose weight, but something triggered inside and I just stopped fancying it.

I have always made my own food from scratch, but used, pastry, butters, sugar, creams etc, now I enjoy making the same meals, but without the fats, sugars etc.. Is a challenge, but it's one I love.

i still eat fish and chips every week, but whereas I would have a large bit of fish, large chips, sausage etc, now me and hubby share a small fish and chips ( I've been dieting him too, and he has lost 6 stone 4 in the same time as me). I have meals that 'normal' people have, but just less of it... And even frequent Nandos once a month !Yum!

the picking and snacking completely stopped at week 1, it does rear it's ugly head on the odd occasion, and then I realise it's time to listen to the trance cd again.

i honestly don't believe in SW or WW , I am not belittling them, they just don't work for me... I could never get on with eating 'diet ' foods.

It is true what PM says... You will start to make healthier options, and I have.. Previously I would kill for beef, but now I don't buy read meat at all, and just eat meat free products too... Even as I write this to you, I snigger to myself, as this simply isn't me...I was worried I'd be found in a field somewhere licking a cow when I got the beef withdrawals, luckily it never happened... Yet!

i too am still sceptical.. It's obvious the weight is going, but by hypnotism...? Stranger things have happened.

i wish you luck on your path.. I am just over half way there, but have heaps to still lose, so I am about if you want to ask me anything. I am no expert, but I hope I can help in some way.

good luck pinky

love Jane. Xxxxx

Thank you for the welcome . I am majorly excited to start this journey even if my colleagues have been belittling me and laughing at me 'wasting money on nonsense' I hope I prove them wrong!

Can I ask a question do you need to Read the book and listen to the cd/watch DVD all in one day? Or can I say read the book over this evening and tomorrow and watch listen to cd on Saturday and watch DVD Sunday? x

I read the book in a few hours then listened to the cd and went to bed.. Watched the Havening DVD a few days later out of curiosity...

Hubby read the book over a series of days, then listened to the cd on completion, I don't think he has ever used the Havening DVD..

so it seems you can just do what feels good to you.. But please make sure you read cover to cover...

good luck x

You know how the book says prepare like you would the actual op walking 20 mins per day and cutting out the sugar and fat. Did you skip the prep and fit the band without it?

Back