Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

I noticed mine the very next day.. I do know its different for lots of people.. but you really do need to give it a shot, and maybe even relisten to the cd...

x

Does it make you feel sick if you eat more than a few mouthfuls. I am eating a lot less than a small plateful

Nearly Ready!

Wow, I have spent a lot of the day reading right through all the posts in this thread. I bought the HGB book a couple of weeks ago and I'm nearly ready to have the 'op'.

Your stories have been so inspiring and helpful so thank you so much for that.

I gave up weighing myself a couple of months ago as it does me no good whatsoever so I'm not going to be measuring how well I'm doing by the scales but just by the feeling of my clothes. I might even measure myself but I'm not sure I really want to see those numbers right now! If I was going on the scales I'd say I probably have about 3.5 - 4 stones to lose.

As with many of you I have spent most of my life on various diets, looking for the next thing which is going to 'fix' me. Of course, they never work for more than a couple of weeks before I'm back to the constant cycle of bingeing, feeling down, eating better for a week or two before the next binge starts etc.

I've taken some positive steps recently and gotten back into exercising 2-3 times per week and on the days I'm not bingeing, I stick to 3 meals a day of whatever food I want and with no snacks in between.

I am hoping the HGB will help me to make these changes more permanent and become a part of my life where I eat like normal sized people, meaning when I'm hungry and not just mindlessly stuffing food in because I think it's what I'm craving.

I have read the book and whilst DH is away with my sons (yayy, peace!) at the weekend I'll watch the DVD and have my op.

Please keep posting your successes and challenges on here as it's really helping me to believe that this is the time I am going to make this change for life.

Xx

Hello ladies and gents! Newbie here! Its been fantastic reading your success stories and i hope i can e the same. I have read the book once but that was a couple of weekes ago so im going to read it again before any hypnosis. I will struggle with the whole "lowfat low sugar" diet at the beginning, its high levels of both of these that have basically got me to 18 stone! How many of you have installed the band without doing the low fat low sugar diet? Also, there are two tracks on the CD and he doesnt say how many times you should listen to the first track before installing the band?

Hello ladies and gents! Newbie here! Its been fantastic reading your success stories and i hope i can e the same. I have read the book once but that was a couple of weekes ago so im going to read it again before any hypnosis. I will struggle with the whole "lowfat low sugar" diet at the beginning, its high levels of both of these that have basically got me to 18 stone! How many of you have installed the band without doing the low fat low sugar diet? Also, there are two tracks on the CD and he doesnt say how many times you should listen to the first track before installing the band?

Hi there I didn't do the low fat diet beforehand, but I was poorly, so that sort of put me in good stead.

you can listen to the 1st and 2nd part of the cd as many times as you wish,, x

Oh and MissMiff - your weight loss is amazing! You look lovely in your photo :)

Aww you are very kind.. But I have had a massive blip last week, it was my birthday, and I drank alcohol in access ( and I am normally tea total)... And I ate food like it was going out of fashion.. And I actually gained a few pound..so not overly impressed.. But I was on holiday too.

i have relistened to the cd again today, and I am feeling great already.

so hopefully next week I can lose what I gained, and continue on my loss journey xx

MissMiff you have done amazing and you were an inspiration to me when reading through this thread. I can't deny that I'm glad you are human and can have a little blip! My blips are too often and too long which is why I'm over weight of course.

I'm going to listen to the cd soon and see what a difference it makes. I've been doing much better eating 3 meals a day and eating mindfully but I'm still bingeing so hopefully doing the cd will help to minimize it.

Good luck getting right back on track x

fj00065

Wow, I've just had the op and my gastric band is in! I've no idea what the effect will be but listening to the cd is sooo relaxing. I feel like I've had another 8 hour sleep. Strangely there is a sensation in my stomach so I'm hoping my unconscious mind has taken something in.

Feeling positive about today's food x

So excited waiting for my book and CD to arrive!! Its on its way from amazon been reading through this thread and can't wait to start my programme and shift some flab!! Tried and failed many diets finally got my mojo back and ready to kick butt lol need to lose around 4 stone arghhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!

bfdghhhkjdxnhfx

Good luck Kazz2011!

I've listened to the cd twice now and I've not found yet that I feel full quicker than normal. I am following the four rules so that is helping anyway.

Did anybody find it took a number of times listening to the cd before it made any difference?

Hi all. So glad I have found this thread. Iv let's say 'flirted' with the idea of HGB for a while but I really feel it is the right thing for me to do. I sat last night and thought about how much money iv spent on slimming clubs over the years and I cld have cried. I'm going to re listen tonight and see what happens. You are all an inspiration to me.

OK, I am back from my holidays and listened to the CD this morning. TBH I have not done the cutting down on sugar and fat before starting as if I could do that by willpower alone, I wouldn't need Paul!!

Feeling good, more positive about everything since listening to CD. Off to do exercise DVD now - first time since easter!:eek:

Stay strong everyone - you are all really inspiring.

Mars143, I've just started myself so let me know how you get on

Maggiemags, good luck. Hope it works for you!

I'm still waiting for the fullness thing to kick in but in the meantime I'll keep following the four rules x

Wow, just had the band fitted! Well that was weird! I felt my stomach tightening and my breathing becoming shorter. I feel so relaxed now though! I just hope it works. I'm wondering how long I should leave it before listening again though. I don't want to be spending every single day listening to the CD when I get home from work, no housework would get done! Haha!:D

Good luck ladies and gents!

Wow, just had the band fitted! Well that was weird! I felt my stomach tightening and my breathing becoming shorter. I feel so relaxed now though! I just hope it works. I'm wondering how long I should leave it before listening again though. I don't want to be spending every single day listening to the CD when I get home from work, no housework would get done! Haha!:D

Good luck ladies and gents!

I listen to it when I go to bed, could you do that? I've listened to it for the last 3 nights and had the same experience as you on the first listen. Strange isn't it?!!

I think one of the important things I'm trying to remember is that I still need to follow the four rules and mot just rely on the cd to do the job for me if you see what I mean.

Let me know how you get on x

I listen to it when I go to bed, could you do that? I've listened to it for the last 3 nights and had the same experience as you on the first listen. Strange isn't it?!!

I think one of the important things I'm trying to remember is that I still need to follow the four rules and mot just rely on the cd to do the job for me if you see what I mean.

Let me know how you get on x

Im glad im not the only one! Will defo keep you up to date! I will probably fall asleep and i dont know whether it would still work the same. :)

Well that's my band re-fitted! I too can feel a tight sensation in my tummy. Not hungry at all at the moment so will see how I get on tomorrow. I'm planning to listen most nights well going to bed.
Hope I and everyone else has a positive day tomorrow :)

What do you all tend to think about when you listen to the cd? My mind doesn't switch off very easily so I focus on counting down from 300 from the point he starts that, but I don't know if I'm supposed to stop doing that at some point further on in the cd?

I find I lose track of the numbers and don't really listen to what he says and at some points I feel a bit 'floaty' so I'm pretty sure I'm under.

I think I over-worry about doing the right or wrong thing so it would be good to know others experiences when listening to the cd.

Back