Paul,s weight loss journey

Thanks Rose.

So today's weigh in I am down 2.5 lbs:D My food choices have made a little bit of difference. I am very happy with the result.

Last edited:
yay well done on the weight loss x

Thanks madmuppet.

My food so far today:

Breakfast: 1 oz ham, 2 scrambled eggs, .50 pita, 1 oz cheese and a pear.

Dinner:Tacos, 2 tortillas, 6 oz seasoned ground beef, 1 oz grated cheese, .50 tomato cubed, .25 cup of onion, spinach, 7 olives and a apple. I used Franks hot sauce on the tacos, yum, yum.
The tacos were good, I might just make them a staple and have them a few times a week.

Supper: 5 oz of ham, collard green's and bacon. 1 cup of strawberries.

1 cup of milk for tea and coffee.

Exercise: Walking Roxy and kettlebell training.

Howdy Paul - another good week, well done on the loss.

How are you enjoying Red? Some love it, some hate it. I enjoy it but have to revert to a green about every 3 days to have some pasta and get my carb hit!

I like both, red for meat and green for potatoes.:D

Todays food so far,

Breakfast: Half a pita, eggs, turkey bacon and plums.

My workout today was kettlebell training and walking Roxy.

1.5 lbs off, pleased with that.:D

My exercise for today:
Kettlebell training and walking my dog Roxy.

I have had tons to do the past week, my children are coming back for 2 months on Thursday and I can't wait.

Last edited:
Yay another great weight loss keep it up x

1.5 lbs off, pleased with that.:D

I have had tons to do the past week, my children are coming back for 2 months on Thursday and I can't wait.
Well done Paul! Still heading downwards.

I like both, red for meat and green for potatoes.:D
Just realised I didn't respond to this. You do know that you can have some spuds on a Red day? Only a smallish portion of either a jacket (227g incl skin)or new spuds with skin (198g), but better than now't! That's my carb saviour on a red day!

Well done Paul! Still heading downwards.

Just realised I didn't respond to this. You do know that you can have some spuds on a Red day? Only a smallish portion of either a jacket (227g incl skin)or new spuds with skin (198g), but better than now't! That's my carb saviour on a red day!

I new about the 198g but not about the jacket potato, thanks.:)

My daughter is 16 going on 40 and my son is 13. They are both great kids considering that they had to deal with my marriage breakdown.

Food so far today:

Breakfast: eggs, turkey bacon and a 50 gram whole wheat pita.

Exercise: 5 band pulls, 10 bodyweight squats, 5 pushups, 10 jumping jacks and 5 band slams. repeating for 15 mins, rest 1 min after each pass through.:D

Last edited:
Just got off nights today. Nights really mess up my eating:sigh:
Anyone else on night's? How do you stay on track?

Kettlebell training today, I am really getting into it, it's fun.

Kettlebell goblet squats, 12 reps
Two handed kettlebell swing x 30seconds.
Plank x 30 seconds.
Kettlebell bent over alternating row x12 reps.
Jumping jacks x 30 seconds.
3 to 6 passes through the above.

Here's what I use to finish my workout. It's a tabata, two handed kettlebell swing for 20 seconds,10 seconds rest. Squat jumps for 20 seconds, 10 seconds rest. This is repeated for 8 passes.
My fitness level has gone through the roof since I started the above.

Todays food:Fish with zucchini, large salad, back beans. Fresh apple and berries.

More weight off Paul?..doing good! Keep at it lovey :)

Kids are more resiliant than we think, mine were 13, 14 and 16 when my first marriage broke up...and they coped well with a lot of love and understanding and explanations and reassurance too!!!! Good luck for the future Paul..it really does get better!

I hope your night shifts don't upset your eating habits too much, have a good day! :)

There are lots of people on here who do nights - especially nurses. They all seem to do it by taking everything with them that they need to eat - meals, snacks, drinks - everything. Otherwise they get tempted by restaurant junk food or the cakes/chocolates grateful patients give them.

Hi Paul.
Have the boys arrived now? And what have you been up to?
Been missing your food posts.
Hope you are ok.

(think he is on nightshifts just now Pommette, and is probably feeling tired?)
Nah - he finished nights on Thursday according to his last post

Nah - he finished nights on Thursday according to his last post

ooops, you are right pomette!
He must be busy or roxy is having an extra long walk :)

I'm sure he'll pop back on when he can!

Back