Paul,s weight loss journey

Hi everyone sorry for my absence, i've been busy with my children as it's there first week back.:D
I have had a bad week with regards to my diet and am hoping not to have gained:sigh:
Good luck my Monday weigh in friends.:D

Hi everyone sorry for my absence, i've been busy with my children as it's there first week back.:D
I have had a bad week with regards to my diet and am hoping not to have gained:sigh:
Good luck my Monday weigh in friends.:D

Hey, don't worry about bad week with diet - focus on great week with children!! Even if you have gained, you'll lose it... sometimes dieting has to go further down our list of priorities...

whatever the scales say - it's a new day and you can't change the past... just move forward and crack on with the here and now and hope for the future... xx (oh hark at me! lol lol)

Here endeth the lesson for today! ;)

Better than me Paul - I gained a half pound!

I'll join you in the "must do better" corner! LOL

Well done for sts this week, especially if it wasn't 'as goo as normal' week :)

Glad you had a lovely time with your children. Are the schools in canada on summer break now? They are here in sunny scotland :)

I liked Fatfair'n' fortyish's wise words :)

Here's to a good week Paul.

Well done for sts this week, especially if it wasn't 'as goo as normal' week :)

Glad you had a lovely time with your children. Are the schools in canada on summer break now? They are here in sunny scotland :)

I liked Fatfair'n' fortyish's wise words :)

Here's to a good week Paul.

Yep schools been out about a week.. I only hope were going to get some better weather, it's been raining on and off all day.:sigh:
I did a strength workout today with my fitness bands and walked my dog.
Breakfast: bacon and eggs.
Dinner: salad, roast beef and a orange.
Supper: Meat balls, oven roasted vegetables.
Snack: Boiled egg and a apple.:D

well done on sts hun it does you good to enjoy yourself just get back onthe right road and see the lbs slide away again hope the weather gets better for you xx

My new list of affirmations that I say to myself everyday or even write out:

I am reaching my goal of 10% body fat and 184 pounds by April 30 2012.
I am learning enough about my body, diet and exercise that I am easily staying within 2-3 pounds of my optimal weight for the rest of my life.

I am celebrating the New Year with clearly visible abs.
I wake up every morning at 5 to fit in my first meal and workout before 7 - yes, I am a morning person !

I eat 5 meals a day with proper ratios of lean protein, carbs, fats and always on time at 3 hour intervals.

I stay well-hydrated and purify my body by drinking a gallon of water every day.
I strive to constantly improve my body and optimize my genetic potential.
I’m grateful and proud of how good I look today.
I deserve to be healthy and super fit.
I help those close to me by choosing healthier habits, by leading by example (not nagging) and by being a reliable source of health and nutrition information.

I am developing clean eating and consistent exercise habits that are so ingrained into mylifestyle that they stay with me for the rest of my life.

I can see all of my toes when I look down.
By October 1st 2011, I'll fit comfortably into size 34” pants without having to inhale.

I am reaching my ideal weight and body fat composition by April so I can show off my new body in the summertime.
I always carry my goal card with me at all times and read it as often as possible [at least three times a day].

I am now leaner than I was 30 minutes ago (after finishing every tabata workout)
Heads are turning when I take my shirt off.
I look good with my shirt off.

Today's workout:

One arm clean and press 2x5 L and R, One arm bent over row 2x6 L and R, One arm windmill 1x3 L and R, One arm front squat 2x6 L and R. One arm swing 2x10 L and R.
Finisher, tabata pushups and squats. :mrgreen:

Today's food:
Breakfast: toast and low sugar jam
Dinner: Ham, salad and a apple.
Supper: Fish, broccoli and Potato.
Snack: Fruit, cheese and a few almonds.:)

Last edited:
Wow! I'd be out of breath just saying all this lot !!
Stick with it Paul - you know you can do it.

How's holiday going with the kids?

Well done Paul..just writing it all down and seeing it in black and white is motivation in itself :)

I think it is so encouraging to realise that men do have the same fears and body issues as women, and have the same goals in life, thankyou for making the females amongst us aware of it :)

Enjoy turning heads Paul :) ..i turn heads too, but for all the wrong reasons!!!! hee hee

Good luck for tomorrows weigh in :)

Well done Paul..just writing it all down and seeing it in black and white is motivation in itself :)

I think it is so encouraging to realise that men do have the same fears and body issues as women, and have the same goals in life, thankyou for making the females amongst us aware of it :)

Enjoy turning heads Paul :) ..i turn heads too, but for all the wrong reasons!!!! hee hee

Good luck for tomorrows weigh in :)

Yes we do, its just that a lot of guys won't admit it and I don't know why that is.

Here is a great recipe I made yesterday and it's good:

It's a great use for leftover ham, this Swedish cabbage casserole has been known to transform confirmed cabbage haters into converts.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6 servings cabbage casserole
Ingredients:

1/2 head large cabbage, shredded
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups leftover ham, diced
5 eggs
1 cup grated hushållsost (farmer's cheese) - or substitute mozzarella or Monterey jack
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp. finely chopped chives

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of lightly salted water to a boil; add shredded cabbage, reduce heat to a simmer, and maintain a light boil for 10 minutes. Then, remove and drain cabbage well in a colander, patting well with paper towels to remove all excess water.

Meanwhile, using pam, saute red onion slices over medium-low heat until opaque and very slightly browned. Remove from heat.

Lightly grease bottom of casserole dish with cooking spray. Distribute the ham in an even layer; cover first with the sauted onions and then with the cabbage. Whisk together 5 eggs, grated farmer's cheese, salt, pepper, and chopped chives; pour over casserole.

Bake in upper third of oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned.

Today's workout:
One arm clean and press 2x5 L and R, One arm bent over row 2x6 L and R, One arm windmill 1x3 L and R, One arm front squat 2x6 L and R. One arm swing 2x10 L and R.
Finisher, tabata pushups and squats.

Food for today:
Breakfast,Bacon and eggs with toast.
Dinner, huge salad with home made burgers.
Supper, Left over cabbage casserole with mashed turnip and carrots.
Snacks, Fruit, cheese and some almonds.:D

Everything is going well for me, my children are thriving and having fun, I am getting fitter by the day and am full of energy. It just such a change, mentally and physically,I have so much more focus and drive.:D

Last edited:
Its raining cats and dogs here today, some summer were having.

Food today:

Breakfast: eggs, sausage and toast.
Dinner:Left over Swedish cabbage casserole mixed with mashed turnip, carrot, a tomato and some spinach. Fried in pan with pam.
Spiced with garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
Supper: T-bone steak, mixed roasted root vegetables and onion and mushrooms.

Exercise: Just walking Roxy today as I am a wee bit sore from yesterday.

Well done Paul - another 2 lbs is brill. You're almost half way there!
Exercise: Just walking Roxy today as I am a wee bit sore from yesterday.
I'm not surprised you're sore! All that exercise would kill me !!

Have a good day Paul, hope the rain has stopped now!

Scotland is having a wee mini heatwave, so everyone here is taking full advantage while it lasts!!!!!!

Hope your aches have eased too :)

Another great loss for you well done keep it up you are doing great x

I am back on shift today so my workout is as follows,
chest press x12, military press x12, bent over rows x12, bicep curls x12, tricep push-downs x12, wall squats for 1 min and calf raises x25. 3 passes through.

I will do my tabata workout tomorrow morning and that will be push ups and prisoner squats, 20 secs work and 10 rest. I alternate between them, I usually end up doing push ups from my knees.

Food today's:
Poutine made with sw fries, baked beans,corn on the cob and a pork chop.Yogurt.:D

Hi there - back on shift again. How are you coping with these now as I seem to remember you saying right at the beginning of your diary that you struggled a bit.

What do you do to have to work shifts?

Back