PCOS and Heredity

DonnieDonna

Hi, everybody! I am a mother of the awesome 3-year-old girl and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16. At present, my husband and I are trying to conceive the second child. When my daughter was one year old, her breast started to grow. The doctors diagnosed her with early sexual development. When I got pregnant and the ultrasound checkup revealed that I will have a daughter, my gynecologist warned me that it's a great possibility that my daughter will inherit PCOS. The gynecologist who treats my daughter also proved this idea. My hubby and I nearly dream about our second child. If we are able to conceive a boy, everything will be ok. But what will we do if it's a girl? I have already consulted some doctor (geneticists), they advise me IVF with PGD or even egg donation. Has anyone here faced the problems of bad heredity? If, yes, could you please share your experience with me?

Is PCOS really so bad that you don't want to have biological children because of it? It's not guaranteed that they will have it. I am profoundly deaf and have PCOS, and other things that aren't "desirable" but my children are hearing and aren't guaranteed to have PCOS. If they do, then I am well equipped to help them manage it.

sorry to say but a lot of the symptoms can be passed to boys aswell

Back