Personal Sayings that keep you going

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
I have two little sayings that I always repeat to myself during my SW journey. They always seem to keep me on the straight and narrow lol and wondered whether anyone else had little sayings they use?

Mine are

"A little loss or staying the same is always better than a gain"

"My body is the true food tracker! No point cheating my food diary cos my body knows the real truth"

The last one has even come more apparent, when I learnt that studies have shown the majority of people who track their daily food are likely to underestimates what they have eaten by nearly half! That shocked me lol

An old consultant always used to shout 'hope to see less of you next week' at everyone when they were walking out the door, that always used to make me smile!

Little pickers wear big knickers and nothing taste as good as being slim feels are ones that I try and go by lol

I like all of those sayings and quotes! One I found here on the forum is one I need to post on the fridge: "If hunger is not the problem, then food is not the solution." This is so important because I am a total stress-eater! :p

mine is

plan plan plan!

1 day off plan doesnt mean you are a failure

and

YES, I AM ON A DIET & YES I CAN EAT THIS!!!! that one is repeat to fade

Helen xxx

'Before you bite it - write it'

If you write it down whilst you're looking at it on the plate, then you can't 'forget' anything that you've eaten. This has kept me in good stead.... I'm 1 year 131 days into my SW life and still keep a food diary.

I also think 'Check the syns first - you can't un-eat them if you're wrong!!'

Allie did you used to watch Fat Friends that was on TV afew years ago the horrible slimming consultant used to say it on there to the slimmers. It makes me cringe as well but uts kind of true not that I would know cos ive never been slim lol

xx

I really hate that Kate Moss saying, a huge portion of chocolate fondant with cream tastes much better than being this skinny feels. I won't be ruled by food and I won't pretend I don't love a greasy nasty fish and chip, I do. IN MODERATION, thats what SW has taught me.

In terms of sayings... One I read here in someones sig.
"Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, chose your hard"

I also cringe when I hear the 'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels' saying.... I always want say 'Well you've obviously never tasted Chocolate or KFC!!'

My personal motto is Poor Planning & Preperation leads to P*ss Poor Performance (the 6 P's) it was something I learnt during my Cert Ed and it applies equally to teaching, youth work and following SW.

Q

'Keep moving forward' is mine, in all aspects of life.

'take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live'

'Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.'

'Never, never, never, never give up'

'The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!'

Why chose failure when success is an option.

Can't take credit for it, Jillian Michaels on her own TV show last year. But I like it.

I like the saying 'adripping tap still fills abucket' so if you lose only half apound 1 wk its still filling your bucket of weightloss
smile.gif

my faves are...

don't let success go to your head, and don't let failure go to you heart

"failing to plan is planning to fail"

prior planning prevents p*ss poor performance
I have them in my signature to remind me every time I post !!

Why chose failure when success is an option.

Can't take credit for it, Jillian Michaels on her own TV show last year. But I like it.

Really like that one!

I always manta the saying - one day at a time, as it is more relatistic in achieving with imaging the goal rather then just being scared to death with the thought of losing 3 stone or even getting through a week. It has always helped me be motivated and get back on track :)

Back