Pete's Recipe Book

Sorry! I don't have a passport!...................

I need you in my kitchen!!!!! Thank you for all the great food you have introduced me to!!!! :)

Pete, I have a proposal for you. Leave the delights of Birmingham and come and be my personal chef here in Greece - these all look SOOO good !

I'll do it!! I'll just bring Pete's recipe book with me :D

Pete’s Philadelphia Risotto

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Arborio Rice (ff)
1 Ltr Vegetable Stock
5 large Mushrooms, sliced (s)(sff)
1 Leek, chopped finely (s)(sff)
1 Onion, chopped finely (s)(sff)
1 lemon Zest (ss)(sff)
1 Lemon juice (ss)(sff)
56g Philadelphia Light Cheese Spread (2 Hea) 4 syns/2=2 syn
30g Parmesan Cheese (1 Hea) 1 Level Tbsp. =1.5 syn

Method

Boil a kettle and make 1 Lt of vegetable stock, using a vegetable cube or use homemade stock.
Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and cook the onions, leeks, cook until transparent.

Add the rice and allow it to be coated by mixing all ingredients, zest the lemon then cut it and add the juice to the rice and cook for 5 mins. Add the mushrooms.

Using a ladle add 2 ladles of hot stock at a time, cook until all liquid has gone then repeat until the stock has been used up, remove from the heat and add the Philadelphia cheese and mix, leave to infuse for 5 mins with a lid on the rice.

Plate up and grate parmesan cheese over the rice. Serve on a hot bowl and have a side salad with it.

PhilliRisottoSmall.jpg

Last edited:
Pete’s Easy Chicken Stir-Fry

Serves 4

Ingredients

250g Iceland ready cooked frozen chicken pieces (s)(ff)
1 bag Sainsbury's stir-fry veg mix (s)(sff)
1 bag Sainsbury's bean shoots (s)(sff)`
2 packs Amoy "straight to wok" sweet chilli sauce (total syns 14 syns/4 = 3.5 syns)

Method

Heat a wok, sprayed with Fry Light, when hot add the chicken and cook for 5 mins, add veg and bean shoots, mix, cook for 5 mins, add the sauce mix, cook for a further 5 mins.
Eat!

ChickenStir-Fry-4Small.jpg

Last edited:
Never fear when Pete is near!!!!

Pete’s Tuna & Philadelphia Cheese bake

Serves 4

Ingredients

150g Pasta (any Type) (ff)
130g (when drained) Tuna Chunks in spring water
1 400g Chopped Tomatoes (s)(sff)
250mL Passata (s)(sff)
1/4tsp “Very Lazy” chilli
1/4tsp “Very Lazy” garlic
1tbsp basil herb
1 Onion, finely chopped (s)(sff
70g Philadelphia Light soft cheese (1 Hea/4=1/4 Hea)

Method

Boil a saucepan of water with salt added, when boiling drop the pasta in and cook for 8 mins, remove while “al dente” and drain.

Spray a saucepan with Fry Light and add the onions, cook until they are soft, add the garlic & chilli, add the chopped tomatoes and passata, cook for 10 mins.

Open the tin of Tuna and drain the spring water from it, add it to the pasta with the tomatoes, mix well, add the Philadelphia cheese and seasoning.

Preheat the oven to 180c and using an oven-proofed dish, sprayed with Fry Light, add the ingredients to it, and the basil.

Cook for 20 mins or until the food is hot, serve with a side salad.

TunaPhilidelphiaCheesebakeSmall.jpg

TunaPhilidelphiaBake-2Small.jpg

Last edited:
Pete’s Marmite Beef Mince

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 large onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 red pepper, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 cup of frozen peas (ss)(ff)
1 Knorr herb “stockpot”
1tbsp sweetener
1 tsp paprika
1tbsp marmite
4 King Edwards’s potatoes (for mash) (ff)
150g button mushrooms (s)(sff)
200mL Water
250g Lean beef mince (ff)
250mL passata (s)(sff)

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion until soft, add the mince and cook until brown, add the mushrooms, paprika, herb stockpot, passata & marmite, mix together, cook for 10 mins then add peas & extra water if required to prevent the mixture getting too dry. Cook for 20 mins.
Served with mash potato.

MarmiteBeefMinceSmall.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

Pete’s Tomato Soup-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 celery stick, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 carrot, finely chopped (s)(sff)
*2 Large beef tomatoes (s)(sff)
*4 sweet salad tomatoes (s)(sff)
100mL skimmed milk (1/4 Hea)
200mL passata (s)(sff)
200mL water
400mL chopped tomato (s)(sff)
1 Knorr “Veg stockpot”
1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp dried basil
* Or whatever are in season

Method

Heat a saucepan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion, carrot & celery until soft
Add the tomatoes, cook for 5 mins, add the sweetener and the dried basil, add the stockpot & the water, mix well.

Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cook for 10 mins then remove from the heat and with a hand blender reduce to a liquid, return to the heat, add the milk and season.

Cook for a further 10 mins , then either just serve, or pour through a sieve to remove all the tomato pips.
Serve in a warmed dish.

TomatoSoup-3Small.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Pete,
I am a new comer to mimimins, and would like to try your recipes, but unfortunaley they don't stipulate the syns or categories of Green, Original or Extra Easy. Please can you advise me. Many thanks.
Bessie Fielding

Hi Bessie,

When I first started SW I found it really benefiicial trying to work out syn values on my own, then i'd clarify with the forum or the SW site. My knowledge of the diet is much better now and I find it easier to attempt to work out syns if I go for a meal or get stuck somewhere without the book!

Why don't you have a go? We'll all be here to help if you get stuck. Besides, I think a lot of Pete's recipe's are free :)

Good luck with your weight loss xx

Hi Pete, your recipes look great. I was starting to get stuck in a rut with my meals so your recipe book is exactly what I need. Thanks :D

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response. What is your name? then I have one friendly person to start talking to.
Many thanks,
Bessie

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response. What is your name? then I have one friendly person to start talking to.
Many thanks,
Bessie

Hi Bessie,

Welcome! Read around and post around a bit - you'll soon have more friendly people to chat to than you can shake a stick at!! :)

Hi Bessie.
Almost all of my recipes are for Extra Easy and syns where possible are quoted where I have worked them out.
S=speed weight food
SS= super speed weight food
FF=free food
SFF=super free food
I also have a salad with all main meals.
Pete

Last edited:
Pete’s Instant Mash Pie

Serves 4

Ingredients

125g instant mash powder
5eggs (ff)
4 rashers of smoked bacon, cut into small pieces (ff)
100mL skimmed milk (>1/4 Hea)
1tbsp dried basil
1tbsp garlic salt

Method

Boil 4 eggs for 7-8 mins until hard boiled, remove from the heat & run under cold water and leave to go cold, peel & set to one aside.
Cut the bacon and fry until crisp, set to one side.

Mix the Instant mash with hot water, add the basil & garlic salt, mix together and chill in a fridge for 10 mins, remove from the fridge and on a flat work surface lay down a layer of cling film, deposit the mash on top of it and cover with another layer of Clingfilm. Roll out until it is about 8-10mm thick.

Remove the top layer of the Clingfilm and cut into strips the depth of your dishes, line the dish and make a ball of the mash and press into the base & mould it to fill the base.

Chop the eggs into small pieces and add the bacon, season, fill each dish. Break the last egg into a dish, mix with the milk and pour unto the dishes until it reaches the top. Place in a tray & cover with tinfoil.
Preheat the oven 180c and cook the food for 35 mins, remove tinfoil & cook for a further 10 mins until the egg sets. Serve with chips and a side salad.

InstantMashPieSmall.jpg

InstantMashPie-2Small.jpg

InstantMashPie-3Small.jpg

InstantmashPie-4Small.jpg

Last edited:
Pete’s Sausage & Bacon Casserole

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr herb stockpot
1tbsp dried basil
4 Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” low fat Cumberland sausages (0.5syn each) (ff)
4 smoked bacon rashers cut into small pieces (ff)
2 leeks, sliced into 10mm sections (s)(sff)
120g frozen peas (ss)(ff)
150g button mushrooms (s)(sff)
400g cannellini beans (s)(ff)
400g chopped tomatoes (s)(sff)
1tbsp sweetener
200mL passata (s)(sff)

Method

In a frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light, cook the sausage & button mushrooms for 10 mins until the sausages is part cooked, remove from the pan & cut each one into 4 pieces, set aside.

Cook the bacon until crisp & add the leeks, cook for 5 mins.

Return the sausage & mushrooms to the pan, add the stockpot & mix.

Add the tomatoes, sweetener, dried basil & passata, simmer for 10 mins then add the cannellini beans, cook until the sausages are cooked, add the peas 5 mins before finishing. Serve with rice.

SausageBaconCasseroleSmall.jpg

SausageBaconCasserole-2Small.jpg

SausageBaconCasserole-3Small.jpg

SausageBaconCasserole-4Small.jpg

SausageBaconCasserole-5Small.jpg

Last edited:
Back