Pete's Recipe Book

Hi Pete, I'm new to slimming world and have just found your thread, your recipes sound amazing! Forgive me if I'm being blonde, but I just wondered if all of these recipes are on the extra easy plan? I haven't had chance to read all the way through yet but I certainly will be making my way through as an when I have the time. Thank you so much for posting all these, they're going to be a big help! X

Hi Sammyb1985.
Welcome to SW and this forum. Yes, most of the recipes are based on the Ee plan but some can be used on the other plans but I find that Ee works best for me. All recipes can be modified to suit your ingredients, that's the fun of cooking! if you do modify one let us know how it came out. Enjoy! Pete

Pete’s Chicken & Rice with Yogurt Sauce

Pete’s Chicken & Rice with Yogurt Sauce
Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
1tsp Olive oil (1Heb)
1tsp Garlic Salt
1tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
1tbsp Sweetener
2 Chicken breasts (s) (ff)
100g long grain rice (ff)
170g Tub of 0% Fat Free Yogurt (ff)
Piri-Piri seasoning
Small cup of frozen peas (ff)
*(Turmeric)

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
Place the chicken breasts in an oven-proofed dish, coat the chicken with the olive oil, sprinkle with Piri-Piri seasoning & cook for at least 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked.
In a bowl mix the yogurt, chopped parsley, seasoning until smooth, add the lemon juice, sweetener & mix well, tip into a small saucepan & heat slowly on a low heat, stirring all the time.
Cook the onions until soft, heat the peas, mix together & set aside. Cook your rice as per instructions,
*adding turmeric to colour the rice if you want to, add cooked onion & peas and plate up. Add the chicken & cover with the yogurt sauce.

Chicken,Rice & Yogurt Sauce (Small).JPG

Pete’s Mexican Jalapenos & Beef

Pete’s Mexican Jalapenos & Beef

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1tbsp Red Jalapenos Chillies (hot & sweet) (s) (sff)
2tbsp Red wine vinegar
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
2 Bay leaves
8 slices of Chorizo sausage (4syn/2=2 syn per person)
100-150g Button mushrooms to taste(s) (sff)
350ml Passata (s) (sff)
450g Lean stewing steak, diced (ff)

Method

Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the beef until browned, add the onions, bay leaves, garlic, cook until softened, add the chorizo, jalapenos, passata & red wine vinegar, mix together & bring to the boil, cover then reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for at least 1hr or until the beef is cooked & tender. Add the mushrooms 10 mins before serving. Remove the bay leaves & disregard.
Serve on a bed of rice with a side salad.

Mexican Jalapenos & Beef-2 (Small).JPG

I'm thinking of joining SW and just came accross your recipes...Wow and well done to you! You have put so much effort into this!

Can you send me the link for you two favourite curry recipes as I cant seem to find them - one was peanut curry and then there was another one as well ;o)

Thanks
T

just had a look through some of your recipes and they all look so delicious! definitely gonna be trying some these out soon!!

thanks for sharing :)

Hi Trash.
here are the two recipes, Peanut Curry & Yuk Sung..........I found them on pages 18, 29, enjoy!

Pete’s Peanut Curry (Revisited)

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2
Ingredients
150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2cm Ginger, grated
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion, pepper, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes with the lid on, then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Make up stock with the stockpot + the water & add the tomato puree to the pan, mix well. Reduce the heat when boiling, simmer for 10 mins then add the peanut butter, mix well and continue to simmer for another 10 mins.
Serve with rice & side salad, sprinkle coriander if required.

Peanut Curry-2 (Small).JPG

Pete’s Yuk Sung

Serves 2

Ingredients

120g Brown Rice (ff)
1 vegetable stock pot
250g Tesco Healthy Living Pork Mince Free on Ee (ff)
100g Mushrooms, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 red pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp. garlic (sff)
2 spring onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
3 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (2 syn /2= 1syn)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Dash of sesame oil (1 syn /2=0.5 syn)
Salt & pepper
1 Washed & chilled Iceberg Lettuce (s) (sff)

Method

Weigh out 120g brown rice, wash in a sieve until the water runs clear then fill a saucepan with 400ml of cold water and add rice, bring to the boil then turn heat down and simmer for 40 mins.

Tip rice into a sieve and return to the saucepan, leave on the ring for a few minutes with a lid on to allow it to steam. Then put to one side.

Use a heavy bottomed frying pan, cook the mince until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated.

Add 1 Tbsp. of the soy sauce, and then add the veg stock pot, mix well, add cider vinegar, chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic , sesame oil, spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add the rice and mix thoroughly with the remaining soy sauce & sesame oil. Finally add oyster sauce.

Cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Iceberg Lettuce and enjoy!

Yuk Sung-4 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Pete, I really cannot thank you enough, the receipes and ideas are trully amazing, so much so, that I have just had to join the site just to say a big thank you!

I have previously done slimming world and lost four stone (at home, just with the magazine and ideas from this site) but have recently put a stone back on due to changing jobs and a very good holiday, so back I am back on the plan tomorrow and now armed with loads of brilliant new ideas for menus.

Thank you so much.

Thanks Both!
Enjoy the recipes, I do, I am looking at some more new ones to try, please feel to try to improve them, modify them to suit your needs, taste or ingredients. If you find an improvement please let everyone on this site.
Enjoy. Pete

Pete’s Brazilian Mushrooms

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ lime juice (ss) (sff)
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
½ tsp mixed spice
1 garlic clove , passed through a garlic press (sff)
1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (1x Heb)
150g button mushrooms (s) (sff)

Method

Add all the ingredients into a large glass bowl, mix together, add the mushrooms and marinate for at least 10 mins.
Tip into a small saucepan and cook until the mushrooms are going coloured, mixing all the time. Serve as a starter or as a main meal with other ingredients.

Brazilian Mushrooms (Small).JPG

Thanks Pete for another delicious recipe.

I have too many favourites to mention but the peanut curry is to die for.

Keep them coming

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff (slow cooker version)

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff (slow cooker version)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr “Dark Beef stockpot”
1 Knorr “Herb stockpot”
1 Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
1 pack of “Schultz garlic, mushrooms & cream sauce” (4.5/4=1.125 syns per person)
1 Tsp Sweet paprika
1Tbsp Worcester sauce
1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
2 Onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Garlic cloves, squeezed through a garlic press (sff)
150g Button mushrooms, cut in half (s) (sff)
300mL hot water for stock
300g long grain rice (ff)
350ml skimmed milk (3 syn/4=0.75 syn per person)
450g extra lean casserole steak (ff)

Method

Place the beef into the freezer for 30 mins to stiffen it, remove & cut into thin strips, cook in a frying pan until the beef has browned.
Pre-heat the slow cooker.
Spray the frying pan with Fry Light , add the onion, chilli, garlic, Worcester sauce, mushrooms, paprika, red wine vinegar, herb stockpot & cook for 5 mins, make 300mL of beef stock using the hot water & stockpot, add to the pan.
In a small saucepan make up the sauce as per the instructions using the milk, bring to the boil & thicken, tip into the beef mixture, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cook for 5 mins, tip contents into the slow cooker, set to “low” cook for at least 4 hrs.
When you are ready to the meal, make the rice as per instructions on the package.
Add the peas to the beef 5 mins before serving on a bed of the rice.

Beef Stroganof Slow Cooker (Small).JPG

Beef Stroganof slow cooker-2 (Small).JPG

Attachments

• Beef Stroganof slow cooker-2.jpg
    Beef Stroganof slow cooker-2.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 229
Wow so amazing! And they look so yummy. Going to try lots of these!

Do you think you will write them all up in a quick-reference recipe book? would be great! maybe some of the money raised could got slimming world and some to a charity xx

Hi Pete this looks amazing and can't wait to try it :) Just one question what is "Schultz garlic, mushrooms & cream sauce" - live in Ireland so maybe it's not available here :( You are such an incredible inspiration to us all, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipes. Marian :)

Hi. Marian.
The "Schultz garlic, mushrooms & cream sauce" is a packet mix that you just add milk and heat up to thicken to produce a sauce. You could make a similar sauce of your own by chopping up a mushroom, adding garlic salt, a small quantity of soft cheese, 1tbsp cornflower mixed with water to a paste and add milk. Good luck!
Pete

Thanks a mil Pete. Will see if we have an 'Irish' equivalent here :)

Just had your peanut curry! Delicious! Thanks pete x

It's my favourite!
Pete

Back