Pheonix's Diary

You have enough to cope with your back.....dont beat yourself up and least you STS....take care...wonder would a hot bath help??

ouch! sounds painful! ... Hope u feel better soon. x

hi ya hun, dont beat yaself up we are all human and when we are not feeling well this happens as we reach for the things that make us feel better i know ive done it while doing this diet but i got back on it the next day and it didnt show on the scales (my weekly weigh in) its when you think oh sod it and carry on with the wrong foods you have the problem so you will be fine hun xxxxx

I take diazepam for my back on an empty stomach all the time and have never had any problems.

You have to be careful with Ibuprofen tho as its a stomach irritant and also Voltarol (Diclofenac Sodium).

I sympathise with the back pain, I am stuck with mine for the rest of my life but I hope yours ******* off quickly! X

Thanks everyone for your kind words i my hour of need lol
dont worry suze I didnt have an empty stomache, id just eaten my spagbol veg and a bar

bad news is it was my last diazepan , my old gp gave me a repeat prescription for them but havnt dared ask my new gp now ive moved , im sure he will frown upon it

i just take them when these things strike and only for a couple of days , it takes the edge off and help the muscle relax and heal , otherwise i end up with my back and neck completely freezing up with muscle spasms , not nice and mostly avoidable if im quick enough , thankfully these attacks are few and far between and relate back to repetitive strain from my barbering days , since changing career they are much less frequent

im hoping losing weight and some strength training will all but eradicate the problem

Awww, poor you. Hope you have a speedy recovery hun x

Right here goes..... I suppose if Im keeping a diary I have to write the things I dont really want to confess to as well as my triumphs

Yesterday I was struggling from the get go , due to the 2 panckakes and the mini crunchie the night before no doubt pushing me out of ketosis

had porridge for breakfast , chilli mid afternoon , porridge again about 7pm , spag bol and veg 9pm and a bar straight after

5 packs , not great but not the end of the world either

........hmmm followed by a cupcake , 2 weetabix with peanut butter and jam and a bowl of fruit and fibre cereal and another bar Doh!!

I just couldnt stop :cry:

On the plus side , I "went" last night (before the eating ) and again this morning , put down in part to the bran ive been adding to my porridge.

Anyway was going to give the scales a miss this morning but then decided I should face up to the damage Ive done

STS , very surprised , but as someone said before i was probably due a loss but I negated it with the eating

I can honestly say I dont feel too bad , I have noticed that I get to about day 10 to 12 and this happens , and yes it slows me down , and yes it means I have to get back into ketosis , but somehow in invigorates me and makes me more determined

I may have to re-evaluate my goal date :rolleyes:

Be gentle with me :eek:

We all have bad days! How many people are honest like you have been and post it publicly for the world to see!

Today is another day, learn from it, draw a line under it and carry on!

Onwards and upwards! Or should that be downwards ;)

I reckon being on this diet should never feel like a punishment and living in the real world means that there will be times when we will want and crave and give in to certain food items. Just cos we're human. Just cos we like the taste of them.
If this keeps you going instead of completely going off track, then that's ok.
One way just won't fit all.
I could never continue if I didn't add a meal every 4 weeks, yet I can do without the daily veges.
Neither would I last if I was banned from my poached egg whenever I needed it.
So take each day as it comes hun and yes...the scales may move more slowly than they could, but they are moving x

I agree with the two posters above, the most important thing is that the scales are moving in the right direction! Everyone is different and cope in different ways. Keep positive, the worst thing anyone can do is dwell on it because that could sabotage every pound lost so far, so you're right to not feel too bad about it. :)

Thought Id struggle today but its been ok

Ive had my chilli for lunch with some veg , plan to have spag bol the rest of my veg for dinner , porridge and a bar for supper.

dont really feel any more hungry than usual

had to do the food shop today for my 5 year old , unpacking the shopping is always a bit of a difficult time , and in the good or should i say bad old days id be munching on biscuits or crisps as i filled the cupboards but i wasnt even tempted

it may have helped that just prior to that i was chatting outside to my neighbour who commented on how much weight id lost , which is always nice :)

Yes doing food shopping is hard. I shop for my husband and two kids and it's not something I'll be able to hand over I'll need to keep doing it. Managed yesterday but normally like you I'd be eating chocolate and crisps probably on the way home from the shops. :(

scotbean said:
Yes doing food shopping is hard. I shop for my husband and two kids and it's not something I'll be able to hand over I'll need to keep doing it. Managed yesterday but normally like you I'd be eating chocolate and crisps probably on the way home from the shops. :(

Couldn't you shop online?

I've said this before but you just need to be really clinical about the shopping or preparing food for others. Look at it as feeding others and become a feeder, not a consumer :). And don't imagine eating the food that you see in the supermarket - just wonder if your OH and kids will like it.

Had 5 packs yesterday but at least i didnt cheat cheat

Up 0.8lb this morning , to be expected I guess after 2 days of cheating and no gain , this is my payback :eek:

onwards and upwards , all I can really do is stick to the plan
going to try for 3 packs today and lots of water , luckily its a busy work day so lots of distractions

have a good day everyone :)

It's less than a pound Phoenix so not that bad. Fingers crossed you kept on track today xx

Early night are always good to end the day with no cheats good luck hun keep it going x

Well done on getting back on it. Less than a pound will come off right away. Good luck for tomorrow!!

GSG I just saw your post above. No I shop in morrisons and they don't do online. But I'll cope because I always stick to a list and I'll make sure I have a pack before I go xxx

Back