Pickled's food diary

Monday 30th July

Breakfast - too busy doing the housework (lolz)
Lunch - 2 slices bread, 2 eggs, 2 apples
Midafternoon - 2 apples, 2 ML yoggits
Dinner - Tuna & Mozzie bake (3 syns), grapes, WW yoggit
Evening - wine (12 syns)

HeA - milk
HeB - bread
Total syns for the day = 15

Mr Microwave blew up yesterday (it almost set fire to the house!!) so no baking today. Shame really, cos I fancy a SB cakie with my afternoon tea :(

Gosh but I've had the munchies today, and I'm so angry at everyone and everything.
The wine advice (as per the pic below) has never been so fitting!!!

Attachments

• WineAdvice.jpg
    WineAdvice.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
well done on your loss tink ...its better than a gain..like me I had 2lbs on ....thats holiday food n drink goin to be really good this week have to be cant be doin with a gain again ...cheese straws look lush will defo be tryin those x

Thanks for the support Jem - did ya go anywhere nice on hols..?
We're off to Spain soon, I can't wait but I keep thinking of that dress that I've got to get into on 1st September. I don't want my holiday ruined because I feel I can't enjoy myself... xx

Tuesday 31st July

Brekkie - nope, no change there then!
Lunch - chicken flied lice, an apple
Dinner - Doner kebab in wholemeal pitta, salad, chippies, syn free chilli sauce and garlic mayo... Nomnomnom

HeA - milk
HeB - wholemeal pitta bread
Total syns for the day = 0 (so far)

Clearance came through yesterday, happy happy happy. Now just have to wait until online course is through and passed, then I can start. Can't wait!!

Last edited:
we went to Bundoran Tink ...a seaside town about 2 hours from where we live it was a lovely break peaceful and relaxing but I ate and drank way too much so have to get at it now have 10 weks to get into a nice dress for my brothers 40th ....... give me strength pleaseeeeee lol ....what did you get clearance for hun?

Bundoran sounds lovely. I've been to so many places and yet never to Ireland. Me and the OH keep saying we will, and we will, and I can't wait to see it :)

I'm sure you'll manage to lose what you want. I've got to the stage now where I'm dreaming that I've gone on a starvation diet to kick start my weight loss - as if that's ever going to happen!! I love my food too much, just been overindulgent for too many years. I've always loved to cook and using my creativity in the kitchen makes me very happy and I have to say that I'm really discovering a lot of new tastes, and new ways to do things so that this low fat lifestyle can easily become a habit. I'm hoping to make it to the stage where the thought of butter on my bread makes me feel ill, and I really think I can do it this time. They say it takes 28 days to form a new habit, so I'm about halfway there...

My clearance is for my new job. I've been offered a job teaching youngsters (14-19 year olds) who've had an unfortunate start in life and who need extra encouragement to be able to get some qualifications so that they can progress in life. I've now to wait for an online course to come through, and to pass that, before I can get a start date. I'm chomping at the bit...

that sounds really rewarding Tink and I hope it all goes well for you you will make a fantastic teacher hun x
28 days to form a habit I think I could just about do without wine for that long ..lol ... I think !!!! I never have had a diet high in fat and I dont take butter very often maybe only in mashed potatoes or on a scone so it must be the wine and probably too many carbs in my diet ...but whwtever it is hopefully sw will do the trick .....for both of us x

Wednesday 1st August

Lammas blessings everyone ♥

Breakfast: ML yoggit, an apple, a banana and almost a punnet of grapes... big full up tummy!
Lunch: Leftover doner meat and salad, an apple - I can still taste the garlic...
Dinner: Chilli con carne, rice and a side salad

HeA - milk
HeB -
Total syns for the day = none so far, though mite have to go bake a cakie.... nomnomnom
I did, 4 in total which wasn't so bad :)

I have made a hazelnut chocolate fudge cake, just 7 syns for the whole thing. Wonder how much I'll get to eat and how much OH will snaffle... lol

Denmark v Spain in ladies handball in just under half an hour - how exciting!!!

Kom så Danmarks piger :)

Last edited:
Thursday 2nd August

I made another cakey, this time a chocolate orange one :)

Breakfast: Last slice of yesterday's cakey (1 syn), toffee ML yoggit and 2 apples
Lunch: Fried potatoes, mushrooms. tomatoes and an egg, piece of orange cake (1 syn)
Dinner: Chicken shawarma, pitta and salad. Fruit for pud.
Supper: More chocolate orange cakie (2 syns)

HeA - milk
HeB - Pitta
Total syns for the day = 4

Chocolate orange scanbran cake, marks out of 10 = no more than 5, it doesn't taste orangey or chocolatey at all :( It does have a lovely cakey texture tho, so is perfectly nommable...

Last edited:
hi Tinks please share your hazelnut choc fudge cake recipe it sounds delish x

hi Tinks please share your hazelnut choc fudge cake recipe it sounds delish x

Hi Jem

It's just 5 scanbran (soaked, softened and mashed) mixed with a capful vanilla extract, 5 tbspns sweetener, a hazelnut chocolate options, 2/3rds of a ML toffee yogurt and 2 egg yolks. Then whisk the whites until standing stiff and fold them in, bung the lot in a silicone loaf pot and nuke in the microwave for 6-8 mins (800W).

Just 7 syns for the whole cake, and they is reasonably big slices :)

The chocolate orange one was better today, absolutely lush actually. I made it the same, just used orange extract instead of the vanilla, orange chocolate options and a ML orange with chocolate sprinkles yogurt (in the six packs).

Nomnomnom ♥

Friday 3rd August

Breakfast - didn't manage it
Lunch - egg and salad sammich, apple, 2 pieces chocolate orange cake (2 syns), ML orange yoggit
Dinner - Went out, didn't drink but eated wild boar burger and some chippies...

HeA - milk
HeB - bread
Total syns for the day = 7 million thousand prolly

Planning on going out this evening and meeting up with some friends, so will have to see if I can limit the damage a little... lol

I'm nice though, I left the last piece of chocolate orange cakey for OH, even though it is at least twice as good as yesterday!

Last edited:
your kindness knows no boundaries Tink...lol...your OH will be so pleased.... what do you saok the scan bran in and how much hun please? x

Saturday 4th August

Brunch: CousCous, mackerel, salad, kiwi
Dinner: Mushy pea curry, rice, grated courgette and carrot.

Played Pass The Pigs and eated one tiny square of chocolit that Het brought home from hols, and eated lots of grapes...

HeA: Milk
HeB: Not none
Total syns for the day = 10 (overdoing it to be on the safe side)

Sunday 5th August

Brekkie: Cherry Bakewell Oaty Pancakes, barnarnar and kiwi fruit (3 syns)
Lunch: Pitta (HeB), salad, tuna and sweetcorn (2 syns for mayo)
Dinner: WF - Beef and Stilton sammich and I don't care....

HeB: Pitta
Total syns for the day = another 85 squillion :)

Sunday 5th August

Brekkie: Cherry Bakewell Oaty Pancakes, barnarnar and kiwi fruit (3 syns)
Lunch: Pitta (HeB), salad, tuna and sweetcorn (2 syns for mayo)
Dinner: WF - Beef and Stilton sammich and I don't care....

HeB: Pitta
Total syns for the day = another 85 squillion :)

At least I didn't have any wine!! lmao :8855:

Hi Jem... Another .5lb off this week which isn't bad considering :)

Altho I'd love to get to target as quickly as poss it's about being able to eat healthily for life, so slow and steady will have to win the day.

Monday 6th August

Brekkie - nuffink
lunch - ml yoggit, apple, kiwi, bran flakes
mid pm - a scone
dinner - spaghetti bol
supper - 2 plums, an apple

Trying to cut down on the carbs, altho not doing red days.

Back