Pickled's food diary

Oh for goodness sakes!
I really need to gather myself and apply myself to this. Mind, I haven't had anything apart from coffee today so far...

Breakfast - non-existent
Lunch - an apple and three yogurts
Dinner - 2 Quorn sausages, swede chips, fried egg, homemade coleslaw and baby tomatoes. Apple for pud.

Got my head in a much better place than where it was this morning. Read my latest magazine and got some inspiration from that. Onwards and upwards :)

Last edited:
Already having a fantastic day :553:
Got up, went for a run (which was day 1 of C25K).
Breakfast: Grapes, banana, kiwi fruit and two no fat yogurts
Snack: Apple and pear
Lunch: Mushroom, onion and pepper omelette
Snack: Grapes
Dinner: Apple, pear, banana, two no fat yogurts and two Alpen Light bars

Last edited:
Ooooh legs a little stiff after yesterday's exertions.. Not painful, more uncomfortable but I do hope this doesn't put me off going again tomoz.. Think I might get my self esteem stuffz out and see if that can't help me out a bit. I do so want off this treadmill...
Anyhows:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 2 sl wholemeal toast, pear and apple
Lunch: Banana, kiwi and two no fat yoggits
Dinner: Meatballs, swede chips, mushrooms, baked beans and coleslaw

Last edited:
Hi hun what is C25k?

Hi BCP - it's the NHS Couch 2 5k programme, where they coach you from couch potato to 5km runner in 9 weeks. Been talking about it for a long time and decided now is the time, same time as I take back control of what I stuff in my mouth!

I will have a nosey at that on the interwebs :D

I'll be out again tomorrow morning, pounding the pavements.. I don't even like running but then - I don't like any form of exercise!
The really good thing about it is doing it to the podcast - the music is well chosen and the nice lady from the interwebs tells me when to run and when to walk. It's great that I don't see a timer like when I'm at the gym - I don't get disheartened by thinking I'm only half way through and already pooped, I just get lost in the music and am presently surprised when she tells me I'm almost finished! The nice interweb lady also gives encouragement and praise throughout the recording and I find that really helps too (have huge problems with low self esteem) - I cannot recommend it well enough... :clap:

Did do diddle day 2 of C25K, legs bearing up okay at the moment even though I had to MAKE myself go out in the rain this morning...
Didn't have breakfast, got carried away doing something or other - oh yes, found a car key and house key while out running and the only way I could find their owner was to take them to the gym cos they had a membership ticket thingy on them. Handed them in and left my card, be interesting to see if I get a 'thank you'...
Lunch was meatballs, baked beans, no fat yogurt and apples. Was gonna have superfree soup but it wasn't ready and I had to be somewhere..
Dinner tonight is salmon, swede chips, sauteed leeks with strawberries for pud. Also had an apple, a kiwi, two Alpen Light bars plus some fromage frais with a chocolate Options in it.
Syns: 2

Nom...

Last edited:
Lazee day...
No breakfast - was cleaning this darned 4-storey house we live in.
Lunch - superspeed/superfree soup (the one that needs a cauldron to make cos there's so much of it), strawberries and no fat yoggit
Dinner - chilli, little rice

Took dog for a walk, man home for the weekend so I'll prolly go quiet now until Monday...
Have a great weekend everyone - keep on keeping on!

Oooooo..... yous got a mansion :D

Have a wonderful weekend with that there man xx

Last day of week 1 of C25K. Was harder than the second, easier than the first. Looking forward to Monday already - that's a first!!! Will go swimming again too, now that half term is over and the littlies are out of the way...

No breakfast today, we popped to Costa for a cup of tea though.
Lunch was superfree/speed soup and half a wholemeal roll (couldn't eat a whole one).
Dinner is steak, swede chips, mushrooms and coleslaw. Might make peppercorn sauce to go with it too.

Bought ingredients for 0.5 syn cake so will prolly make roulade tomoz - will post a pic if it's any good.
Also bought Twinings Green Tea - salted caramel flavour. Can highly recommend if nothing else other than taste. Expensive though, £2.49 for 20 bags...

Lol BCP - no mansion, just four small storeys and lots of stairs (great body magic!)... :rotflmao:

Not like me then..... I have hundreds of rooms in my house..... but that's because I collect dolls houses :D

Last day of week 1 of C25K. Was harder than the second, easier than the first. Looking forward to Monday already - that's a first!!! Will go swimming again too, now that half term is over and the littlies are out of the way...

No breakfast today, we popped to Costa for a cup of tea though.
Lunch was superfree/speed soup and half a wholemeal roll (couldn't eat a whole one).
Dinner is steak, swede chips, mushrooms and coleslaw. Might make peppercorn sauce to go with it too.

Bought ingredients for 0.5 syn cake so will prolly make roulade tomoz - will post a pic if it's any good.
Also bought Twinings Green Tea - salted caramel flavour. Can highly recommend if nothing else other than taste. Expensive though, £2.49 for 20 bags...

Doing brilliantly with your 5k training xx

Bit of gardening today, then ironing and some baking. Made some SW hobnobs with 35g possidge, so they were free then made half syn roulade. Bumped it up to 2.5 syns for whole thing by adding Options to quark filling, but OH plus 17 year old son will doubtless help me eat it after dinner...

Breakfast: Quorn sossies, bacon, mushrooms, baby toms, fried egg, baked beans
Lunch: Was still too full from brekky - had a couple of hobnobs as above though
Dinner: Forloren hare (Danish meatloaf), potato wedges, coleslaw, salad - pudding was roulade...

Roulade01.jpg

Roulade02.jpg

Oh baby..... :drool:

Day 1 of week 2 of C25K. Was harder than I thought even though I was looking forward to it (who am I and what have I done with Helen..?), but I DID IT! Can't wait for Weds to do it all again :-D

Brekky: an apple
Lunch: Superspeed/free soup
Snack: Grapes, blueberries, apple, toffee yoggit
Dinner: Peanut butter Quorn curry, rice and salad
Later: Frozen yoggit squares with Options in - 2 syns for 24..

Proud of you Tink xx

Hmmmm... pancake day... Don't do hype but I do love pancakes so I found a recipe for totally syn free jobbies so had them for breakfast.
And here they are (well - were... lolz):

SynFreePancakes.jpg

Simply made from a beaten egg, 1 tbspn quark, few drops of vanilla essence and sweetener to taste. Nomnomnom...

Lunch was a one sausage salad with SW crisps, a banana and an apple.
Dinner will be liver casserole and cauliflower 'bread'. Have to say about 5 syns as there is a little cheese in it.

Otherwise, today has turned into a very sad day :-(
A dear friend and ex-colleague went missing just over a month ago and they have today found a body. It is yet to be identified, but he lived in the arse end of nowhere, so the likelihood of it not being him is minuscule indeed.
Feel weird, like things could go wrong cos what's the point of it all anyways...

RIP Steve, you will be sadly missed. I hope you have found your peace my friend.. :tear_drop:

Last edited:
Back