Pickled's food diary

Hmmmm... pancake day... Don't do hype but I do love pancakes so I found a recipe for totally syn free jobbies so had them for breakfast.
And here they are (well - were... lolz):

View attachment 127478

Simply made from a beaten egg, 1 tbspn quark, few drops of vanilla essence and sweetener to taste. Nomnomnom...

Lunch was a one sausage salad with SW crisps, a banana and an apple.
Dinner will be liver casserole and cauliflower 'bread'. Have to say about 5 syns as there is a little cheese in it.

Otherwise, today has turned into a very sad day :-(
A dear friend and ex-colleague went missing just over a month ago and they have today found a body. It is yet to be identified, but he lived in the arse end of nowhere, so the likelihood of it not being him is minuscule indeed.
Feel weird, like things could go wrong cos what's the point of it all anyways...

RIP Steve, you will be sadly missed. I hope you have found your peace my friend.. :tear_drop:

Sweetheart you answered your own question.... you asked what is the point.... but you said he was a dear friend.... maybe that's point enough xx

Funny old day today...
Did my C25K but found it very hard. Just hard not to think when you're out running (Alan Sillitoe and all that..). Anyhow, I did it and that's what matters right here and now. I also went out with some letters this afternoon and took my wee doggie. We did a bit of running and I could still breathe! Wouldn't have been able to do that a couple of weeks ago!
Breakfast: syn free pancakes with banana and strawberries and a Turkish Delight muller. Not fond of the sweet, the yogurt was ok but I wouldn't buy it again.
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Hurricane (superspeed/free) soup, cauliflower bread, a pear and a satsuma.
Dinner: Liver casserole leftovers, cauliflower bread
Evening snack: 1.5 syn homemade jelly babiiieeeeesssssss, 2 x Alpen light bars

Feeling a little more positive today...

Although suffered a power cut just as I was about to make my breakfast! Luckily I have a gas hob so wasn't too bad. Stuck on a pot of water for my coffee and had pancakes again, with a kiwi and an apple plus a muller toffee yoggit.
Power back on after I was finished!!!!
Lunch will be superspeed/free (hurricane) soup.
Dinner will prolly be rosemary and red onion sossies and swede chips, but haven't made my mind up yet...

Last night's treat (jelly grape babiiieeeeessssss) was lush, can't recommend them enough for just 1.5 syns!

Hi hun.... glad you're feeling up today xx

Week 2 of C25K completed this morning - have also ordered Callanetics DVD (and will watch a bit of YouChewble whilst waiting for postie).
Didn't get breakfast today - cleaning day and time was short and I wasn't hungry so I didn't bother.
Lunch was salad, 2 rosemary and red onion sossies (leftovers) plus chippies done in the halogen oven.
Wow, they were great and I know my boys will love them.
Planning a fake-away night with KFC, we'll see if it comes off!

Wow..... going great there hun.... the couch will be putting a complaint because it will be lonely xx

Slow morning - missing the run ;-)

Breakfast was a kiwi fruit
Lunch was superfree/speed soup with swede chips from halogen oven (pooh...)
Tested halogen oven for swede crisps and potato crisps too - it's useless for them!!
Dinner is fakeaway kebab, SW chips, salad and coleslaw.

Sunday - beautiful weather so out on the bike. Went to Beverley and it was smashing - just lovely to spend some time together ♥

Breakfast (after C25K of course) was rosemary and red onion sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans and fried egg
Lunch - out so didn't have any cos it would all have been very, very naughty
Dinner - slow cooked roast chicken, SW roast potatoes, green beans, carrots and mange tooooooooot...

HEb was 2 Alpen Light bars (again)

Weigh day - 1.2lbs off. Feels like more but I think I'm one of them there slow and steady peeps...

Went to Doncaster Chamber today re: NEA and have been accepted on to scheme so that is fabidoodly-dabulous!
Breakfast - pancakes, grapes, yoggit
Snack - apple and yoggit
Lunch - didn't have any, too busy looking at business plan!
Dinner - salmon, SW chips, coleslaw and mange toooooooot

Been trying to up my fluid intake, drank lots of green tea today which I made in my beautiful new little teapot (called Stump), and also had squash at dinnertime. Might help...

Last edited:
Weigh day - 1.2lbs off. Feels like more but I think I'm one of them there slow and steady peeps...

Went to Doncaster Chamber today re: NEA and have been accepted on to scheme so that is fabidoodly-dabulous!
Breakfast - pancakes, grapes, yoggit
Snack - apple and yoggit
Lunch - didn't have any, too busy looking at business plan!
Dinner - salmon, SW chips, coleslaw and mange toooooooot

Been trying to up my fluid intake, drank lots of green tea today which I made in my beautiful new little teapot (called Stump), and also had squash at dinnertime. Might help...

Woo hoo ..... well done on the weight loss hun and keeping up with the couch to 5k x

Oh my goodness... Was so hard to get out there this morning, my lower back is killing and so are my inner thighs - both after being out on the bike at the weekend! I did it though, and not only that, ran the extra mile (prolly almost literally...). Instead of finishing with a three minute run then a three minute warm down walk, I kept on running for nine minutes, then took a little two minute warm down walk - and I'm feeling fabulous! Apart from my inner thighs, which still ache after using them to brake so I didn't crush OH into the petrol tank!

Breakfast today: still looking for inspiration currently - just wanted to share my running!
Callanetics DVD arrived yesterday afternoon too, I'll be doing that tomorrow...
Didn't have any breakfast in the end, I was too much on a high!
Lunch - superfree/speed soup with a rosemary and red onion sausage in (leftover from Sunday), SW crisps, yoggit and jelly grapes
Dinner - spag bol with coleslaw and salad
Had parmesan cos only one cup of coffee today so needed my heA.
Drank a litre and a half of water (I hate water, fishies do it in it) and had 4-5 large mugs of green tea from my lovely new pot, Stump!

Last edited:
My goodness..... you are on a roll xx

Did the Callanetics DVD this morning - it's exactly the same one as my old video so it was like bumping into an old school friend!!
Scheduled it in now to do every other day, so C25K one day, Callanetics the next.
Also drinking lots more water, both tap water (still yuck cos fishies do it in it but hey ho) and green tea.
Cut down to one cup of coffee for now, we'll see how that goes - I needz it in the morning to even be remotely hooman!

Breakfast: Syn free pancakes, grapes, strawberries, a banana and a yoggit
Lunch: Ham salad
Dinner: Kebab meat, SW chips, salad and coleslaw

Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars (heB), jelly grapes (1.5 syns) and frozen yoggit/choc options (3 syns)

Also managed just one cup of coffee again, so very pleased with myself :-D

Last edited:
It's weird doing the old callanetics after so many years...... let's do the time warp yea.....

Good run this morning - finished off week 3 with a 10 minute run so a little ahead of schedule, but feeling goooooooooooood...

Breakfast: syn free pancakes, strawberries, grapes, a banana and yoggit
Lunch: 2 apples, kiwi, banana and peanut butter cookies (made with heB and 1 level tbspn peanut butter) - 4.5 syns
Dinner: ham and chicken quiche, SW chippies and salad, mayo (1 syn)
Yoggit coobz - 2 syns

It's a beautiful day, business plan and cash flow forecast is complete and sent off. Just sit back and wait now...

Drank 1.8 litres of water plus several cups of green tea. Still only had one cup of coffee first thing :)

Last edited:
Keeping at it like a super hero there my girl :superwoman:

Bit of a poo day ...
Did mah Callanetics and then the cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaning... Haven't heard from mentor and that's bugging me!
Didn't eat breakfast, went shopping to get OH's new xbox game on release day so he's got something to look forward to when he gets home. Also collected his dry cleaning :)

Lunch was swede chips done in the halogen oven (Cookbot as it's now called) after parboiling for a few minutes (greatly improved), salad and SW quiche.
Dinner will be haddock, chips and salad.

Syns will probably be a whisky.
Got to be up early in morning as need to get my run in before we go to Birmingham for the day - helping BIL and SIL get settled in their new home :)

Oooh hoo dadada.. Saturday was not the best day, as off to Brum to help family and at their mercy foodwise!

Went for run, was ok. Knee hurting so used a support and that hurt more than me knee, so I'll go back to running without.

Had pancakes yoggit and fruit for breakfast.
Lunch was chicken, salad, butternut squash mash and roasted sweet potatoes. Feta and oil were definite syns.
Dinner was leftover fish, salad and potato slices.
HeB was two Alpen light bars.
Not a bad day, not a good day.
BIL and SIL's new house is amazing though :)

Back