Pickles Atkins Diary

pickledonionuk

Im starting a diary but I am notoriously bad at keeping diarys....but here goes.....

This is my second time doing Atkins, last time was around June last year, I gave it up as I fell pregnant but that did not happen in the end, hubby asked me not to carry on with it as he reckoned Atkins made me grumpy (personally i think it was hormonal due to the pregnancy) so here I am again.

So been on 'induction' for a week now and lost 3.5 lbs so far - i just stay below 20g carbs and eat what i like - no dairy no caffiene, plenty peppermint tea, a square of 85% chocolate every day...

Today I weighed 10.8. And heres todays menu...

(no brekkie as woke up late)
L: 5 chicken wings
D: beef stew with red wine, leeks, carrots, garlic, onion (worked out 12 carbs per serving) cauli
S: 1 square85% chocolate (2.2 carbs)

Thanks for reading.

Morning Pickles, I've just found your diary, welcome and good luck. :)

PS, any connection with the Army?

Hi Jim! Thanks for the support!

No connection to the army im afraid, but I do literally live opposite the Barracks so see the soldiers running around the playing field daily - always a treat!

Weighed in this morning 10.6 so another loss, although its leading up to my *star* week and i usually hold on to a few pounds around then so we will see what happens!

Sat in all day and watchedToy Story 3, The Smurfs and Paul with the kids. Gary
Taubes book came this morning and Im up to page 30 so far...damn you toy story!

B Packet ham
L gammon, coleslaw and stir fry veg
S Olives
D Roast Chicken and brussels

According to fatsecret ive done 23 carbs today. Dont suppose thats too naughty.

Hi and welcome. Good to see your diary and good luck:)

Morning Pickles, yes those extra carbs probably came from the stir fry veg I should imagine.

I was lucky, in 25 years I never managed to get Coli as a posting. Thank God. LOL.

Jim the stir fry veg was the least of my worries. Last night I ate a leftover roast chicken (yes it was a whole one) a packet of sliced chorizo and three squares of 85% chocolate! 32g of carbs by my reckoning but i was craving badly and it could have been worse! Woke up today with a resolve to do induction properly for a week then see what happens..last night was pure PMT.. the only prblem may be Sunday as my husband is off work and does not agree with atkins...thinking of bacon and egg for brekkie, roast and veg for lunch and tuna salad for tea when hes at home.

Food for today:
l: going to town with my children so i will go to the caff for lunch. Gonna get a salad
. Chicken and bacon if theyve got it.
D gammon steak with cabbage and egg
S pork scratchings

Have a great day everyone

Morning Pickles. OOOOPS! ah well each day is a new dawn

Morning.

Got the hump today. Managed to gain 3 pounds over night. Have to blame the gammon and bacon i had for lunch. ALso a bit constipated, so im hanging in there.

B: ham omlette
L lefotver beef casserole and cabbage 16 carbs
D chicken drumsticks

Got a house full of kids today so that will keep me busy. Already had a request to make fairy cakes.....

Morning Pickles, I'd say water retention with all that salty cured meat love. Drink plenty of water.

Hey Jim, what regiment were you in?
I was a pads brat, dad served 22 years, he was 17/21 Lancers, we were mostly posted in Germany, with
A tour of Brunei thrown in for good (or maybe bad) behaviour!!

Bruniei is a great posting. LOL

Morning, I did 3 year with 2 Para and then transferred to the RAOC love, and served 22 years with them. I loved the Army, and I was a pad rat as well, I've lived all round the world. LOL.

Hi pickles, hope all gong well

Happy Birthday Pickles! Hope you have a lovely day xx

Morning and happy Birthday to you Pickles, hope you have a good one love.

Happy birthday pickles:D

Overwhelmed by the birthday messages thanks!!

Came downstairs this morning to two boxes of chocolates and a chocolate cake. I was furious, but realised i was being ungrateful. He knows im on atkins grr!!

Anyways met my friend in town for lunch for nandos, got some prawns on defrost for later and have some skate with salad for tea. Not having the choccys. The sabotaging git!

Back