Pig in the city!

Sometimes deadlines can be helpful, i suppose :) I am reading social and cultural studies. At the moment its an essay on human rights which has me wanting to cave my head in with a shovel. So so so stressed

Well if you want to you can email it over and Ill have a read through. I dont know anything about the subject but I do proofreading so can at least tell you if I can follow the thought process. . . I read through my mates uni work for her, she is doing social studies with OU. I like reading though her essays, its quite interesting a subject.

Oh egbert, thankyou for your offer but this essay is so bad i would be embarrassed to send it over. At the moment its just a sea of floating quotes and incomprehensible unreferanced opinion. Whoops!

So i had my weigh in on Saturday and drum roll please.........

I put on a stone in two weeks. Yes yes i know what your all thinking and your right, i have been drinking and bathing in butter. I am so ashamed of myself for bingeing like that.

My stress levals have been so high and i have been numbing them with food which has just made it worse. The moment i started comfort eating i stopped writing on here aswell. Terrible downward spiral. So starting tomorrow i am back on it AND i am not going to let my lack of laptop (thankyou ladies for your amazing offers :) ) stop me from writing my diary.

That's the spirit chica!

It's just 4 days and it's plain sailing and that stone will be gone in no time!

Two puonds gone already nat! I am back to my start weight at least :/

I have now been in the library for ten hours writing this essay and am starting to go a little insane. I am really really hungry, sleepy and fed up of the blummin subject. Normally I would be popping to subway or getting some jerk chicken now to give me a boost I need.

I'm starting the think the day my essay was due in was a really stupid time to get back on the wagon but I know thats just me making excuses. I just can focus on the page anymore :cry:

Anyone know of some good techniques for staying alert without eating?

Maybe i should pop to sainsburys and get some chicken breast or prawns or something.

Believe me I would love to go to bed, but its due in in the morning and I am really unhappy with my argument! Normally I am super organised with deadlines and have things sorted a week before. But this essay has really stumped me.

I think going for a walk is a good idea. There is a sainsburys bout 20mins away from uni so when I get stuck I can walk there and get a bottle of water and maybe some of those ready cooked prawns. My consultant wanted me to do SS+ for the first two days anyway. (because of my shameful carb loading)

hey

feel your pain with the essays .currently writing a health globolisation essay and a critical care exam to revise for in 2 weeks :( so stressed .(student nurse final yr )
I find a walk helps . have the prawns or chicken else you will cave into worse chick .

I have also gained 11 lbs over the xmas break and have restarted sole source today , 1very weak and came onto to here for support .
your doing brilliantly , keep up the good work . :D

Most of that stone will be easy to shift. It went on fast so it hasn't had time to stick, in my totally non-scientific theory.

I am doing SS+ now and quite enjoying it - although not very good at sticking to the weight limits set by the book.

I always leave my essays to the last minute - thats why I am struggling with my home course, as there are no deadlines. Still, got to persevere.

Have you got it done in time?

Hmmm I will hand in whatever I have finished at one today (the deadline) but as I have now been in the library for 21 hours I don't think it will get a very good mark. This is my first ever allnighter and I can't say I have enjoyed it much!

It will be ok. Some people do their best work under pressure - I do.

Sooo i got my essay in with two hours to spare and went to the pub afterwards with my friends where i watched them eat Thai food and drink cider. Since then i have mostly been asleep.

This week has been a complete write off diet wise but that was to be expected really. It was silly to try and get into ketosis with that much on my plate. Still, i have lost four pounds so its not all doom and gloom

Plus the oh has given in to my constant unrelenting persuasion and we are adopting a rescue cat on Saturday. She is twelve called mindy!

You still lost so thats great. I am staying the same. Stuck!

Well done getting your essay in. And well done rescuing a cat. Did you choose this one in particular? Most people rescue.kittens and don't give the old ones a chance. My cat was a rescue kitten. She is 13 now

my friend messaged me. her next dorr neighbour had moved out in April and locked her in all alone! Catherine saw her looking out the window last week, knowing the house was empty broke in and saved her. I love older cats, our flat is very small and we dont have a cat flap so she would be inside most of the time. But cat assures me she is a house cat by nature so it will be ok :)

Had a really bad sleep last night... Which is a good sign. I am finally getting back into ketosis. Off to united now will catch up with everyone this evening x

Excuse me - the cat was locking in the house alone from April last year to this Jan?!

I don't get people who just dump their pets. Have you had her checked by a vet - maybe they dumped her due to some expensive illness?

I know! We couldn't believe it when she told us. Some people are so cruel. It makes me feel as if he wanted to intentionally cause harm because he locked her in. Surely if you don't want to take her with you and are too lazy/heartless to re-home you could just lock her out she is a cat after all.They are jolly good at looking after themselves, just look how long she survived locked in!

It hadn't even crossed my mind about illness. I am aware that she is terribly malnourished but didn't think about the rest. I hope she isn't really ill as we are really poor at the moment!

I am going to meet her tomorrow so will post some photos of the new member of our family asap :)

You won't be able to get insurance - most places don't insure over 8 years old- so I would get her checked out by a vet to be sure, not saying that if she was poorly you wouldn't want her anyway, but sometimes if the vets fees were about to ruin you it might be something to consider before you get attached. Although if she has lasted so long on her own, she probably is fine.

Ok so today i am restarting my spangles journey at day one. So far this week i have lost four pounds but havn't felt in the zone at all. I think the more i have felt down about my Christmas binge the less able i have been to stick to the diet.

I need to find enough confidence to believe i can do this without food. This is my first step;

I used to party alot with my friends and binge drink at least once a week but now i can enjoy nights out without booze appreciating the wonderful company of my friends.

I used to eat when i was down, using food as a substitute for control and calm but now i recognise this behaviour is a cause of my problems not a solution.

I used to use food as a treat for hard work and acheivement in other areas of my life. But now i am different now food is fuel.

Back