Pilates - wow!

lucylastic

Silver Member
I joined a gym yesterday, as now need to think about exercising regularly and definitely toning up as well.

They run various classes, so this morning I joined the Pilates one, thinking it would be a nice gentle introduction to my new healthier lifestyle - blimey, I can hardly move now! I really thought it would be a doddle, particularly as I was definitely the youngest in the class, and by quite a long way in some cases. Well, I'm ashamed to say I couldn't even DO some of the moves, and I'm dreading how I'm going to feel tomorrow! Back to swimming for me I think :rolleyes:

I started Pilates about 5 weeks ago and love it - I was in agony after the first time but since then it's been fine. Definitely persevere with it, I am really hoping it's going to help tone up the stomach!

Lucy, Its a really good workout for the core abdominals.I did it regularly a few years ago and loved it.Persevere xx

sounds good! stick with it a couple of weeks it will get easier i'm sure
daisy x

Never been to a class, have done DVD's, well worth it. I'm a totally different, much nicer toned shape than I ever was before I piled the weight on.

Give it another go, you'll soon see the differeence, well worth it.

Thanks all, I'll definitely persevere for a few more weeks - but my god can I feel it today!! Worse thing is I've got a bit of a cough and cold at the mo, and every time I sneeze or cough, my stomach KILLS me!!! Ah well, no pain no gain and all that! :D

Feeling very virtuous today - as well as the torture yesterday, I got up early and went and swam 30 lengths this morning - I'm determined to get my membership's worth, and get fitter!

Well done you Lucy

I've been THINKING about doing Pilates and that makes me feel exhausted!
:(

Ooo SB!!! :D

I have several DVDs and used to do it quite a bit of the Yogalates. I must admit I liked it. No hash bouncing about banging into things just gentle, relaxing, intense movements that get results.

Now where did I put those DVDs........................?

Lucy you should perservere. I am currently doing pilates and even though I find it difficult to do some of the moves due to my weight, I am really enjoying it and it will help in the long run in helping with toning up.

Back