Pineapple, thought I'd share...

Had mine for the day :)

1/4 of a pineapple just ate me for breakfast ;)

For all you pineapple lovers out there....

The Lakeland 3-in-1 Pineapple/Corer/Slicer at £8.29..........

Absolutely brilliant, and not one of those useless gadgets that never do what they are supposed to!

I drank lots of rasberry leaf tea, before my daughters birth. She was three days late, labour was an hour from start to finish!
Never tried pineapple or curry.........boucing on one of these big workout balls is great for getting baby into a good possition, ready for birth.

Was induced first time round, the drug they use is made from a rainforrest plant. Being induced like that is very stressful for baby & mummy. Mainly because he was early and not ready to be born x x

There seems to be a lot of people buying pineapples from the supermarket and eating them straight away. Now either they don't know what a properly ripened pineapple tastes like or they have access to a special / expensive supermarket.
I find u normally have to leave them out for atleast 3 days to properly ripen!

There seems to be a lot of people buying pineapples from the supermarket and eating them straight away. Now either they don't know what a properly ripened pineapple tastes like or they have access to a special / expensive supermarket.
I find u normally have to leave them out for atleast 3 days to properly ripen!

Unripe pinapples are cack :(.. it always annoys me that i cant eat it straight away too! Though i was very peeved when i bought one from lidl last week, i could tell it was ready and thought it strange but bought it anyways- and suprise suprise, it was off. *grumble grumble!*

Absolutely brilliant, and not one of those useless gadgets that never do what they are supposed to!

And a good way to test if the pineapple is ripe, is if the centre leaves pull out easily :D

ginlin said:

Where can I buy one from? X

Girls - check yuor local pound shop out - I saw some in there that core/skin the pineapple for (oddly) £1 a few weeks back (these are not the ones lakeland sell that also cut it into a spiral for you - literally you get left with a whole pineapple minus core and skin.

Personally - prefer to do it by hand as then i have minimal wastage and don't have to buy fruit of the size that fits the device.

I love pineapple! Good to know thanks

Another lover of pineapple here. It is natures own diuretic as well a all the other properties it has.

In fact it is the all round good guy of the fruit world.

Pineapple, raw
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy 202 kJ (48 kcal)
Carbohydrates 12.63 g
- Sugars 9.26 g
- Dietary fiber 1.4 g
Fat 0.12 g
Protein 0.54 g
Thiamine (Vit. B1) 0.079 mg (6%)
Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.031 mg (2%)
Niacin (Vit. B3) 0.489 mg (3%)
Pantothenic acid (B5) 0.205 mg (4%)
Vitamin B6 0.110 mg (8%)
Folate (Vit. B9) 15 μg (4%)
Vitamin C 36.2 mg (60%)
Calcium 13 mg (1%)
Iron 0.28 mg (2%)
Magnesium 12 mg (3%)
Manganese 0.9 mg (45%)
Phosphorus 8 mg (1%)
Potassium 115 mg (2%)
Zinc 0.10 mg (1%)

Don't shout too loud about how good it is friends............... the boogers in the supermarkets will put the price up if they think we all want them lol !!!

One of my favourite ways of eating it is chopped finely, with a tiny bit of dried chili flakes and left in the fridge for an hour or so, nothing else added, and served as a fresh relish with, pork, chicken, ham etc. I also love it with virtually fat free cottage cheese, I mix it with celery as a super speed diuretic for the days when feel that horrid bloated feeling.

Yes pineapple is an all round good guy.

Never thouht of the chilli idea... might have to give that a go sometime. probably work as well with fresh chilli very finely chopped up i imagine.

I have the Lakeland gadget and it is ace. I often have to take the odd eye out of the spiral, so it's going as close to the edge as possible. It's magic!

The mango gadget is fab too!

What's the mango one? These are so messy to prepare!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back