please somebody in the 8's want to get in the 7's?? xx

Hello ladies,

Only a fraction of a lb loss for me today. Really disappointing. Gone from 9st1.0 last week to only 9st0.8 this week. I knew id possibly blown it after having the indian but i was really good and had no syns at all the 3 days after and have done a ton of excercise to try make up plus like i said i only had the chicken tikka pieces with boiled rice, yog dip and salad so not even the worst indian i could have had!! Ive had no alcohol at all either. I just dont know where im going wrong. I have friends on SW who have take aways and slip up all the time and still manage to loose. Then some i know dont even excercise and slip up and still loose! I think if id not done all the excercise i probably would have put on. Seems unfair when ive been really strict other than that indian! I have noticed some really big muscles forming on my thighs tho from all the spinning so wondering if its muscle weight but i really dont want to blame it on that as last year I did SW and was swimming 60 lengths a day, different excercise i know but I still lost and built muscle then too. I seems to only get decent losses when ive gone hungry for a few days but really SW shouldnt be like that, i thought the idea is you can still lose without depriving youself of food. Rant over anyways!

Ive bought a yoga dvd and also this 30 day shred one everyone raves about so thought id give those a go once they arrive so i can do them at home days i dont get to go to the gym and going to start swimming again aswell.

I agree a 0.5 gain is nothing after those treats if that was me it would be much more!

Lucy I really hope things start going your way with the house, but i really do believe if its meant to be it will be and if not its coz an even better house is just around the corner for you!

xxx

Skinny_Jeans are you drinking lots? when you exercise lots you need lots of water otherwise you get dehydrated and retain any water you do drink.

Evening ladies!

I'm back from weigh in and pleased to report another 1.5lbs off so that takes me down to 8st 3.5 and only 1.5 to go. I know its so close and I should try my hardest but i'm definately having a day off plan this weekend (well an evening anyway) My hubby has promised to make his signature pizzas from scratch and so I will be tucking into one!

Seriously though, I think this portion control is starting to kick in as I can definately see a massive difference in my tummy area, after having a baby I was carrying some weight there and its nearly all gone - I don't look 5 months pregnant anymore!

4 Week Challenge:
Week 1
Lucylu: 4.5lbs = 3 to lose (and to target)
Tiphareth: 2lbs to lose (1 inch from waist - measure after the 4 weeks)
Madmum: 4lbs (for now, actually want to lose 8)
Skinny_jeans: 6lbs, 1 inch from waist and half an inch from each thigh. Measure after the 4 weeks.
Week 2
Lucylu: 4.5lbs to lose, 3 lost = 1.5 to go (and to target
Skinny_jeans: 6lbs, 1 inch from waist and half an inch from each thigh. Measure after the 4 weeks.

Suppose I should update myself

4 Week Challenge:
Week 1
Lucylu: 4.5lbs = 3 to lose (and to target)
Week 2
Lucylu: 4.5lbs to lose, 3 lost = 1.5 to go (and to target
Tiphareth: 2lbs to lose 0.5lbs gained = 2.5 to go (1 inch from waist - measure after the 4 weeks)

Well I hit my 5lb in 5wks target at the gym! Another 1lb off this wk yay! I bought some jeans about 3wks ago & their feeling loose. The weight is finally coming off my hips. Well done on ur loss Lucy ;o)

Tiphareth you may have a good point. I'm really not a big drinker. I can easy go all day without even one glass of water. I normally drink say 2-3 cups of regular or herbal tea and maybe one glass of juice or water a day. I didn't realise about the retaining water thing so I'm totally going to make a big effort on the drinking this week and see if it works. Thank for that!

Lucy super well done on your loss!!!

I will update my stats when I'm on the laptop as can't seem to copy/paste on my phone xxx

If you're doing lots of exercise you'll need to be drinking 2 to 3 litres of non caffeinated drinks, especially as it gets warmer.

Let me know if you want the "too much information" way of knowing how dehydrated you are.

Morning All, hope we are ok in this wet soggy weather.

Aiming to have a 100% day today and tomorrow and carry some syns over for Pizza fest on sat night! I'm going to ask hubby to make mini bases so I can make a few different ones and not pig out!!

He can't beleive I lost 1.5 last night and until he reminded me of the icecream and 'treats' here and there over the weekend I can see his point. Now either I will gain next week or it definately is my portion sizes being reduced. I hope its the latter but totally am prepared for it to catch up with me!

Have a good day!!

Lucy xx

Ok so I didn't have a 100% day - I had a complete melt down after giving in to half a cookie at work, why once I've had one naughty thing do I let it get it out of control!

Thats I got overweight in the friggin first place!

Lucy I kno what u mean, I'm totally all or nothing! Ive Had cravings for cupcakes ever since i started this diet!! I've been trying hard the last 2 days with my water consumption. Just managed 2 litres of water yesterday and hopefully just over 2 today. Really interested to see if this has an effect on my weightloss, maybe if not I will ask for the more graphic dehydration description!! I'm working nights the next 2 nights so the weekend shouldn't affect my eating much. This water drinking is hard I really have to keep reminding myself! Good luck for the weekend girls! xxx

I know what you mean too Lucy.

skinny_Jeans I have an app on my phone which gurgles every so often to remind me.

Drink water beta

Well that's it girls, I've had my pizza and ready to get back on plan after messing around since weigh in, I deserve a gain following that so its time to knuckle down, accept what's done is done and hope for a great couple of days!

Xx

Edited to say that I didn't knuckle down! I've lost the plot ladies!!!!

Last edited:
Lucylu79 said:
Well that's it girls, I've had my pizza and ready to get back on plan after messing around since weigh in, I deserve a gain following that so its time to knuckle down, accept what's done is done and hope for a great couple of days!

Xx

Edited to say that I didn't knuckle down! I've lost the plot ladies!!!!

Don't worry Hun, draw a line under it & start again. You could so easily think b*****r it & carry on pigging out. That's what I did over the winter. Only just shifted the half st I put on. A few lbs can be lost in a wk :eek:) well I'm hoping 4 a sts this wk as I've had 3 naughty days. Had a sneaky weigh 2 day & no gain so far since weds but I know it could catch up wiv me. Fingers crossed it doesn't. Check the colour of ur pee skinny jeans. It should be a straw colour. The darker the more dehydrated u are.

Don't worry Hun, draw a line under it & start again. You could so easily think b*****r it & carry on pigging out. That's what I did over the winter. Only just shifted the half st I put on. A few lbs can be lost in a wk :eek:) well I'm hoping 4 a sts this wk as I've had 3 naughty days. Had a sneaky weigh 2 day & no gain so far since weds but I know it could catch up wiv me. Fingers crossed it doesn't. Check the colour of ur pee skinny jeans. It should be a straw colour. The darker the more dehydrated u are.

Thanks Madmum - That should be my name mind you tee hee!

Well i've had a good day back on plan, even remembered to have 2 Heb as i'm a red day.

Have to say though that I haven't been feeling very well today, must of picked up a bug from Alfie as I've been back and fourth to the toilet (sorry!!)

I've drank loads of water and green tea to help flush whatever it is out and had only a small amount of tea as my lunch wen't straight through me, God Sorry girls, hope you're not eating you tea reading this!

Been to the doctors today about my irregular periods and she says it could be due to weight loss, have to monitor it and see if there's a pattern at all but last month I had one every week.

How are we all feeling about weigh in anyway???x
x-x-x

Lucy, hope you feel better soon.

Right I've booked my holiday so I need to get myself sorted by the last week in July. I need to be below target by as much as possible so I can enjoy the delights Rome has to offer. Pizza, pasta and wine binge looming.

Not done too badly this week, although my exercise hasn't been what I wanted as my dancing Saturday messed up my ankle so couldn't run Sunday.

How you're all having good Weeks.

Lucylu79 said:
Thanks Madmum - That should be my name mind you tee hee!

Well i've had a good day back on plan, even remembered to have 2 Heb as i'm a red day.

Have to say though that I haven't been feeling very well today, must of picked up a bug from Alfie as I've been back and fourth to the toilet (sorry!!)

I've drank loads of water and green tea to help flush whatever it is out and had only a small amount of tea as my lunch wen't straight through me, God Sorry girls, hope you're not eating you tea reading this!

Been to the doctors today about my irregular periods and she says it could be due to weight loss, have to monitor it and see if there's a pattern at all but last month I had one every week.

How are we all feeling about weigh in anyway???x
x-x-x

Ahh hope ur bum's better soon lol! Well done 4 getting bk on it 2day. I got bk on it yesterday after a naughty wkend. I'm quite proud of myself cuz normally after losing weight 2 feel nice 4 a nite out I pig out & pile it all bk on again. The last few times I've been out ive got straight bk on plan after. I will not have another chubby summer! Felt so unconfident last yr after having my lil girl. My eldest daughter wants 2 start the plan in a few wks when she leaves school. She has a lot of weight 2 lose bless her. She has maintained in the last few yrs but realises it won't come off unless she diets. She's been getting big since she was 6 then 2yrs ago at 14 she hit 15st (she's 5ft 5/6) i told her don't worry about being skinny as she is naturally a big girl. If she could get down 2 a size 14 I think that would suit her. She's a 18/20 at the mo.

Hello everyone.

Well my water drinking has been going ok. First few days were great then when I was my nightshift Saturday was just do busy I hardly had time to drink. Tho I did have quite a few glasses in the daytime beforehand. My diet sometimes ends up all over on nites as I do 2, 12 hours nites on the trot so I will get up in the morning and have my milk and cereal for hex A and hex B then carry on with the day but have tea about 10pm at work then don't finish my shift till 7am the next day so apart from a few hours inbetween I've been up 24 hours so I never kno wether to start my syn count after I've been to bed and got up again or start it at midnight while I'm still at work. Not sure it matters but I think working shifts can make it hard and I kno lack of sleep isn't great for weightloss this I list a stone last time so I kno it's possible. Back on it with the water today tho do fingers crossed for tmrw. Also the colour of my pee is a LOT lighter lol!

Hope everyone is on the mend. Lucy with ur bug and Tiphareth with you dancing injury!!

Madmum I sure your daughter will do well on the plan and it will be great for both of u to do it together. I did it with my mum when I was still living at home last year, she lost 3 stone and it really inspired me seeing her doing so well, also i though my mums not being skinnier than me so it was a little competition too which helped us both to stick to plan and in the end the whole family were eating slimming stuff so there was no temptation around.

Just having a strong coffee before heading to gym. Trying to mix it up a big as getting big thigh muscles from spinning which I don't like! So did 30 lengths swimming yesterday and some general cardio today I think. Madmum I think u should totally give spinning a try at the gym, was hard when I first did it but you just don't turn the resistance up so high and it's easy and as you build up fitness you can work harder at it.

Anyways speak soon xxx

Back