Pls tell me more about WW...

Edwin

Silver Member
SW is no longer working for me and WW seems to offer varitey yet restricted portion control.

I have looked at the website but there doesn't seem much info on there about the basics (as obv they don't give the info away for free).

I think I know how many points I could have a day but don't know how I could spread this out.

I know there is loads of WW food available which seems great but I'm wondering about the 'basic' foods and what sort of point values they are - eg fruit, veg, eggs, cereals.

I'd just like to know a bit more to decide whether it would fit into my family life etc.

Thx for reading.

I've just changed over from SW to WW Discover Points. In my second week. During the first week I felt very deprived not being able to grab fruit or yoghurts to fill a gap.

This second week it doesn't feel quite so bad.

If you look at the menus above, I think you will find some sort of information what you can have through a day from various people.

hey Edwin, how many points are you allowed a day?

heres an idea of what i would eat in a day (i'm allowed 23 points per day)

B - 60g shreddies (3) 1/4pt soya light milk / skimmed milk (1)
L - 2 slices bread (3) 30g philadelphia light (1) lettuce, tomato, cucumber (0) 100g grapes (1) apple (0.5) multipack bag french fries (1)
T - quorn curry (2.5) (made with 1/2bag frozen quorn chicken style pieces (2.5), tinned tomatoes, various spices, stock cubes, onion, butternut squash, peppers, mushrooms, fresh chillies, salt and pepper (0) and 60g dried weight cous cous / rice / bulgar wheat (3)

total: 16 points, leaving 7 points for my favourite in between snacks etc.. such as:

cadburys creme egg (3.5)
cadburys curly wurly (2.5)
cadburys fudge (2)
pack walkers baked crisps (1.5)

or you could construct a fourth meal for that many points!

the great thing about WW is that i could substitute my main meal for a takeaway - a mushroom foo yung from the chinese is 5.5 points, and a portion of boiled rice is 6, so i could have that and still have a point left over from my daily allowance.

If you're coming from slimming world then you must know that planning ahead is key to succeeding and WW is no different - you just eat what you want in smaller, controlled portions which is the reason I've never done very well with SW myself! xxx

Back