Porridge & carbonara help...!

LilyG

Hi all, this is my 1st day on exante, did well last year on this and after my daughter was born i lost 4 stone on lipotrim. Yes its all back on:( I need this to work this time.

So I bought the deal box with a mixture but honestly i was almost crying trying to eat the porridge and pasta today.
What do you do to make it easier to eat? I find it tangy and malty urgh!!!

Hi I have to say I'm the same took me 20 min try force it down. Disgusting. Tried adding cinnamon but still can't stand it!

I dont have the porridge but I love the pasta. Dont make it according to the instructions on the pack (dont know if they've changed them yet). I pour about 100ml of boiling water on top of them in a bowl, mix thoroughly, cover and stand for about 5 minutes. Then stir, microwave for 1 minute, stir and microwave for another minute. Add more water if you need to. Obviously that's not going to change the taste and if you really dont like it there's not much that can be done about that, although you can add herbs and spices if you want to try that.

Hiya, in all honesty, I'm sure you'll get used to it. I quite liked the pasta from the start but the porridge took getting used to, it was way too sweet for me. But I now make it with coffee instead of water and it gives it a really nice flavour. Also, as Jael already said, the carbonara instructions on the pack aren't up to date. Read the Exante handbook, it gives much better tips on how to make it. I really spice mine up with smoked paprika and garlic and chilli and I think it's lovely. actual pasta! :)
You might want to give yourself a good few days to see how you're getting used to the tastes, it really might change.

Thanks guys I will give that ok. Sounds quite appealing now!! Im sure my tastes will change in a couple days!

I really like the pasta as it is but the porridge.... oh god help me I don't know what to do, I will try the coffee bee and maybe cinnamon could help if the coffee is no good xx

oooh meant to say I am going to try the porridge biscuits too, have you seen the recipe in the recipe section? Worth a shot... how bad can biscuits be????

Cinnamon is definitely really nice in it, well, I like it anyway :cool:

Haven't tried the biscuits, I thought about making them to eat on the go, instead of the bars. My latest order hasn't got any bars in it so that's going to make work/being on the road a bit difficult.

Porridge with cinnoman and nutmeg is yummy x

Keely I made the biscuits and they were nicer with cinnamon in!

I find the cinnamon completely changes the taste of the porridge!!! It takes away the sweetness completely!

And with the pasta I put loads of chilli powder in lol

Thanks guys! Don't know how u do the biscuits but will give it a shot, need to get cinnamon fast lol!x

The problem I have found is that the pasta doesn't seem to be cooking, don't mind the taste of it but I can't be eating half cooked pasta, tonight I soaked it then micro'd for about 4 min with stirring but It still wasn't quite right!

I had been soaking mine in cold water, it must be boiling water, leave it to sit for a good 5 minutes, then microwave a minute, stir, microwave another minute, mine's properly cooked by then

Yep, that's it. I make it with boiling water, cover it and leave it to sit while I quickly do some washing up or the like, so I'm not standing there drumming my fingers on the worktop. Then a couple of quick sessions in the microwaves with plenty of stirring and voila! really nice soft pasta. I really like it coz it is like a real meal. Small, but real :D

Back