Post Natal Weight Loss

Thanks hun. Am feeling better today so fingers x'd can continue to be better.

Well done on the 2lb remember every lb counts, and they do say that it can be that your body remembers and is reluctant to shift the weight - but you can get past it so don't fret.. 2lb a week is 104lb in a year! ;)

Hey Girls

A loss of 4lb for me this week

Will be back later for a proper catch up xx

1lb to go till I'm level with where I was before going away.. not much now :)

well done Oisin that's a great loss!

Kirsty how you going? Lisa Marie how you getting on?

Hoping you all making me jealous will help me avoid naughty things! lol

Official weigh in is not till Saturday, but had a peak on the scales this morning and they are moving not much but still moving. God I dread to think what my weight loss would've been like if I was on WW, I probably would have gained if I'm only losing a couple of pounds doing CD. Will let you all know how I get on on Sat.

Well done Oisin another 4lb the weight is dropping off you I'm sooooo jealous lol.

I'm here with my chubby tail between my chubbier legs!

Weighing myself at hubbys mums on Thursday as there the scales I always use so for now I'm just trying to eat healthy - I say trying as I'm hardly actually eating at all the days seem to dissapear with nappy changes and baby feeds and I seem to be just about having a bowl of cereal a day ...

Naughty I know so conscious effort today to eat!

Saying that - havnt eaten yet so best make something!

Well done all of you on your losses xxxx

Are you hungry? Seems strange that you are coping on 1 meal a day hun. Perhaps have a chat with your MW or Dr. Just in case they can give you some drinks or something to help in the meantime. You need to keep your strength up. Could you try splitting a meal into a couple of small meals?
Hope you can manage it all. Look after yourself your LO needs you hun.

Sunflowers - well done any weight loss is fab and I'm sure your body will adjust soon, don't be down hearted ((hugs)).

Hi Jane

mum told me off today as was her first day off all week when she saw how little I was eating - i havnt felt hungry at all - think it's the lack of sleep - alyssia seems to be up every 2 hours for 2oz and won't take any more through the night so I'm worn out! I'm also run ragged now that hubby has gone back to Windsor and is going to Kenya on Monday for 6 weeks - think it's a combination of all that plus the stress of him going...

Anyway mum told me off and so tidy I had toast for breakfast and home made lasagne for tea...

And I feel tonnes better for it so lesson learnt!

Going to weigh myself tomorrow as hubby home tomorrow night and friday before he goes away so will put my shameful digits on here and start healthy eating properly in the morning!!

How are you getting on??

Xxx

Hi Lauren, well done your mum! ((hugs)) Calories are more important these days than ever hun, but you can still lose weight you just need to eat healthily.

As for up every 2 hours.. welcome to my world! lol and it will get better as your formula feeding your Lo will soon take more and sleep longer. ((hugs)) it's a side effect of breast feeding that it continues much longer. lol

Hope you enjoy your DH being home, I can only imagine how hard this all is on top of everything but it's even more important that you keep yourself well hun. I'm sure your DH will agree too.
Perhaps you can find some energy foods that you love when you go shopping. Just while you get back into eating and being hungry. ((hugs))

Personally, I'm back down to 15st 3lb so that's good news, just got to get another 4lb gone.. and I'll be into the 14's so that is my first goal. Need to keep my head in gear now! lol

Hey girls I also managed to put on a few lbs (breastfeeding is making me insanely hungry and even running round after 4 kids doesn't burn off full packets of biscuits lol).

Lovelylauren i wasn't hungry at all for a few weeks after having Lottie and my hv told me it could be because I was anemic so she had my start taking floradix which is a natural non constipating iron supplement (you can get it from any health food shop) and i picked up really quickly and got my appetite (and energy!) back.

Lottie's 8 weeks old today and I've started back doing the school run this week so am now walking 6 miles total daily which is soooo not helping the hunger lol.

What are you ladies snacking on?

Emma xXx

D'you know what I found? Sounds weird. but you know those cardboard slices called RYVITA.. well I shunned them years ago on a bad diet! lol Well now they do them with seeds in them (less like cardboard) and well they do SWEET ones now! lol seeds and raisins.. for dunking! it actually has a cuppa tea on the box front.
so the biscuit jar is safe from me, I have 1 with a cuppa and am happy! lol lasts ages too. :D

ha. they've been around quite a while. and are rather morish. think i used to have them when i did sw :D

hi everyone! I am also 2lbs up! pooh! really do need to get a hang of this, I hate being heavier than when I started cd. I know I am a smaller size of jeans than I was before as I used to be a size 20/22 and I am now a tight size 18, but this pregnancy/mummy thing seems to have put lots of weight on my tummy boobs and thighs, I am assuming that it is to do with all the pudding I ate for 9 months but also the hormones. Katia is doing well, had her 8 week check today and she is climbing up the growth percentiles again, she's refusing the sma more often now and is taking more milk from me. She has put on over a pound in 2 weeks, so something must be going right! will try and get on here more and get my head around the weight loss i need to do. I think the weight must be also down to my boobs! I was a b cup and am now and e cup...its such a shame I am also back up to nearly a size 20 as I have big boobs and my hair is the longest its been since I had it cut when I was 16, so pooh hope to keep both those things, though I am aware my boobs probably shrink and my hair might thin when all the pregnancy hormones have left, never mind enjoy whilst I can =)

Hugs Angie, I'm finding it really hard being this size again. I'm back to the weight I was when I started lighterlife :(. Tomorrow I'm really going to kick this diet into gear, I already walk 6 miles a day but I eat way too much as breastfeeding just makes me sooooo hungry so I'm going to make an effort to snack on just veg rather than reaching for the biscuit tin!

Emma xXx

i know! i had just got used to being thinner again, i kick myself for eating for 3 during my pregnancy. I am doing swim academy with babs tomorrow and am horrified that i dont even fit properly into my largest swimming cozzie. But i mustnt be in denial, that is what kept me overweight for 9 years. even if it is just a lb a week i have to lose this weight

Hi girls, another 3lb loss for me this week so doing ok! Obviously I'd like to be losing a bit more but the inch loss is not bad and as far as I'm concerned that's what's more important.

In 6 weeks Ive lost the following inches

Bust 5.5 inches lost
Waist 6 inches lost
Hips 6.5 inches lost
Arms 1.5 inches lost
Thighs 2 inches lost

Wearing size 16 jeans again! roll on the 14's

Hey girls.. Well done Lisa Marie! :D great losses, all count. Reminds me to get my inches done! is amazing sometimes eh. Congrats on the smaller jeans.. can't wait to be able to fit into more of mine! lol am fed up of the 2 pairs.

With regards to biscuits have you seen the Ryvita pack with a cuppa tea on the front? They do sweet ones now for dunking! loads less fat and calories compared to biscuits and they work well. ;)

I'm down 1lb today.. so thats about 3lb this week, am chuffed.

Am still eating more than usual due to BF I guess but lower fat so that's working for me at the moment. :D

Ang / yummy - I'm now 1lb below what I started CD at in Jan 09, so have a lot of work to do, but we can do it, and remember we are feeding our babies as well as ourselves so that's our main concerns really but we can also lose a bit of weight so don't be downhearted.
Lovely to see a few of us are going strong on BF front. ((hugs)) love your new pic Angie. :)

Well done all you breast feeding Mummy's you're all doing great!

Jane definately check your inches you might be losing.

Angie hun it's still very early days, I ate like a horse too whilst pregnant hence the reason for doing cd now. The most impotant thing is that Katia is happy and is feeding well, you've lost the weight before you can and will do it again!

Hey girls just checking in. I've put on yet more weight :( I keep telling myself I don't care but I couldn't even bring myself to go out it's really getting me down. Anyway onwards and upwards (or downwards hopefully).

Love the pic angiebum I might steal your idea and use one of our feeding pics hehe xXx

come over to the March weight loss thread.. :) we're all nattering there now - sorry not to leave you behind. Set your 'target' and we'll hopefully stay more motivated! ((hugs))

Back