+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

IMG_4293.jpg

Baked Squash recipe from the Asda mag adapted to be SW friendly :D

- Cut squash in half, deseed and bake in oven for one hour
- Wilt spinach and sauté some onion - put together and add three tbsp of quark and 3/4 of cheese (healthy extra, I used 42g of Cathedral City light) and mix together to form mixture.
- Once squash has baked for the hour add mixture and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top
- Bake for a further fifteen/twenty minutes

Had this tonight, decided on a green day. It was similar to the red pesto pasta dish posted here but with a few tweaks (1.5 syns). Served with beetroot and rocket salad, tender stem broccoli and asparagus...yummy! :)

IMAG0204.jpg

What's the sauce on that pasta Stefanie? It looks nice with the mushrooms but a little bit stodgy.

I made it with, half tbsp of red sun dried tomato pesto, tbsp of elf garlic soft cheese (hex on green), 2 spoons of ff yogurt, spoon of passata, dried basil, s+p all added to mushrooms and onions. It was very nice comfort food and was a bit stodgy as I overcooked the wholemeal pasta just a touch :) xx

Cajun Chicken topped with cheese with brown rice, broccoli and asparagus :)
IMAG0206.jpg

The infamous mushy pea curry! Followed recipe from recipe thread. Delicious. Served with Ainsley harriot spicy couscous and sw chips. Nom nom nom

Attachments

• image-1358532818.jpg
    image-1358532818.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 318
Tonight's dinner was inspired by Britmum! Roast vegetables with fetta cheese and lemon bulgar wheat. Also had some roasted lamb chops! Yum!! So sorry about the grubby plate!

bulgarwheat.jpg

Thanks Britmum!! I stole it off your wensite and replaced the pasta with bulgar wheat. I've never tried it as a stuffing for chicken, will definitely do so now!! How have you been? I owe you an email!! :D

Thanks Britmum!! I stole it off your wensite and replaced the pasta with bulgar wheat. I've never tried it as a stuffing for chicken, will definitely do so now!! How have you been? I owe you an email!! :D

just use it mixed with herbs and the usual stuff for stuffing, but the bulgar wheat in place of the bread crumbs. It is lovely. I will be doing my bulgar wheat stuffing christmas day :). I actually made it up by accident one day, when I had some bulgar wheat left over and was doing chicken for dinner, I was thinking hmmm this has a similar texture to it as stuffing. lol

I am good, have been struggling the last couple of weeks with sticking to slimming world though. I keep craving BREAD lol and still keep getting the odd food aversions, which is making some meals impossible. I am almost at the 20 week mark now, time is flying by.

Last night's dinner was a mixed fish stew (made with monkfish, salmon and prawns, tomatoes, peppers & carrots)
IMG00207-20101214-1905.jpg

Had it with rice and steamed broccoli
IMG00208-20101214-1910.jpg

Back