+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Salmon for dinner tonight! With roated tomatoes, potatoes and steamed green beans

IMG00210-20101220-1934.jpg

Hiya Ninnins I used this recipe Seafood Stew Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network except I didn't add any alcohol ad left out the potatoes because I was having it on rice. I also didn't bother making fish stock from scratch, just used a stock cube lol. You can use any combination of fish and seafood you like, it's delish!

Seafood Stew Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

Here's what I had for dinner last night, you can tell it was cooked by a man lol. Either way I was grateful DH cooked because I was exhausted from shopping!

IMG00214-20101221-1917-1.jpg

Garlic chicken done in the slow cooker with roast pots parsnips and carrots in balsamic vinegar with veg. Went down a storm with my son too. X

Attachments

• image-2690677437.jpg
    image-2690677437.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 270
  • image-3931567600.jpg
    image-3931567600.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 265
  • image-2504552915.jpg
    image-2504552915.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 252
My lunch today was homemade hummus, veggie batons and pita bread. Very tast and filling, took me almost an hour to chomp through the lot lol!

IMG00215-20101223-1425.jpg

I've only just discovered hummus, knew about it just hadnt tried it!
I didnt really like the plain one, but someone brought in a chilli one which was lovely!

Here is what I had for lunch today, potato & salmon salad with a bit of light salad cream. Yummy and only 2 syns on EE!

IMG00226-20101228-1337.jpg

Bovril roast potatoes (my favourites)

Attachments

• P1020016.jpg
    P1020016.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 337
donnajt said:
could anyone point me in the direction of these recipes please: can't find anywhere!
kebab
bean chilli
garlic chicken
am droooooollllliinng just thinking about these yummy dishes!

If you do a search using the search box they should come up if the recipe has been posted on here. If not perhaps try pming the member who posted the picture :)

I cant use bovril but am still intrigued as to how to make those potatoes...do they have oil on them?

ok, spill..
those look nice so what's the recipe and method to make them please?

Lol, Thank you muchly!

It's really easy: par boil some potatoes - very important not: DO NOT add any salt as Bovril is very salty.

Let them cool a bit, and add to a hot pan sprayed with frylight . Spread the Bovril (chicken is the one I use) as thinly as possible (I usually use the back of a tsp) on the potatoes and then spray with frylight again. Leave them in the oven until crispy and golden brown. Pic attached (what potatoes should look like when spread with the Bovril).

Thanks Britmum, I love your recipes!

@Cupcake: nope, no oil, just frylight!

NOTE: if the potatoes taste really salty, you can water down the bovril a bit. It's best to use bigger potatoes as you can just dollop a bit of bovril on top and it'll naturally drizzle down the sides. Smallers pots are a bit fiddly!

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Thats a good idea about the marmite, take it you are veggie too :)
I might try that!

Back