+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

the only thing i find hard is cooking for the family my 2 yr old cant eat the same as me my other half is trying to put on weight so cooking in our house is 3 different meals bloody tiring and the meals take ages to cook

Why............. i have a skinny daughter to put weight on (2.5), a baby of 15mths and a son of 5. We all eat sw meals. If i do quorn bolognese i add a tsp of olive oil and extra cheese to daughters, just extra cheese to babies and son has same as me (28g HEA cheese) - with the sw quiche i cut cubes of cheese for daughter on the side as well as her cucumber and we have beans with it which is an extra fruit/veg portion.....

If you need any tips let me know as i would never cook 4 seperate meals! Even when we have sausages i have joe's they have normal and they have mash, broccoli and beans whereas i have a jacket and broccoli - it becomes habit if you do it long enough!

I haven't got a picture but this is definately worth a try and free on a green day by using chicken and breadcrumbs as a HEb and cheese as a HEa my partner and kids love it:
Motzarella Chicken
Take a chicken fillet and flatten it with a cleaver until it is the same width all the way through then coat in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs.
Dry fry quickly to crisp the breadcrumbs until golden.
Transfer the chicken onto a baking tray.
Meanwhile chop some tomatoes and garlic and cook with a little spray oil in a pan (just use same pan) and add a little basil or any other herbs you fancy until tomatoes are softened.
Pile tomatoes ontop of the chicken.
Slice some reduced fat motzarella and put ontop of chicken.
If you have any cheese allowance left put a little grated parmasen ontop as well.
Place chicken in the oven for approx 8 - 10 mins until cooked though and cheese has melted.

It is lovely with either baby potatoes or chips and veg.
Hope you like.

Why............. i have a skinny daughter to put weight on (2.5), a baby of 15mths and a son of 5. We all eat sw meals. If i do quorn bolognese i add a tsp of olive oil and extra cheese to daughters, just extra cheese to babies and son has same as me (28g HEA cheese) - with the sw quiche i cut cubes of cheese for daughter on the side as well as her cucumber and we have beans with it which is an extra fruit/veg portion.....

If you need any tips let me know as i would never cook 4 seperate meals! Even when we have sausages i have joe's they have normal and they have mash, broccoli and beans whereas i have a jacket and broccoli - it becomes habit if you do it long enough!

I agree - I have a 2 yr old and she eats SW stuff all the time! One of her faves is Quorn bolognese!

If you're worried about it though, do like Natalie suggested and just add some more fat to hubby's and child's end dish.

I agree - I have a 2 yr old and she eats SW stuff all the time! One of her faves is Quorn bolognese!

If you're worried about it though, do like Natalie suggested and just add some more fat to hubby's and child's end dish.

I agree too! Let hubby have extra bread and potatoes/carbs/meat etc and a few more treats. Bigger portions for him and he should be happy! I try to cook family friendly meals for us all, makes life so much easier.

here here im cooking lamb rogan josh for all the family tomorrow its a SW recipe i shall have it with rice on EE, but others will prob have naan bread and popadoms.
gosh how expensive would this diet be if everyone ate differently...i'd dread to think !

my tea tonight... 2 syns (for the gravy)

Picture3017.jpg

lol, my friend had it for her dinner today from the chippy, and i could smell it and was droooooling... it looked so nice and I was so tempted.
But thought hey i can do it myself! lol
those quorn sausages taste even better with gravy - yum
only thing wrong was not having mushy peas :(

lol, my friend had it for her dinner today from the chippy, and i could smell it and was droooooling... it looked so nice and I was so tempted.
But thought hey i can do it myself! lol
those quorn sausages taste even better with gravy - yum
only thing wrong was not having mushy peas :(

I thought mushy peas were free! Hmmmmm..........i'd better check

Oh good, i eat them all the time
Fish & Chip Shops, Mushy Peas, average portion 125g serving

red.gif
Original 5 Syns
green.gif
Green Free

I thought mushy peas were free! Hmmmmm..........i'd better check

Oh good, i eat them all the time
Fish & Chip Shops, Mushy Peas, average portion 125g serving

red.gif
Original 5 Syns
green.gif
Green Free
yeah, they're free.... i just didn't have any in lol

i am that greedy i just made another plate of chips hehehe

Kim&Leah, I tried the chips last night and they were so yummy. I had left them in the fridge over night and when I got home they were ok and nice and dry so cooked them. They were so crispy (I had left the skin on so this helped) and I think I have converted my two kids as well although my youngest (18 months) will eat anything anyway! Will definately be doing this again! xx

Crunchy Asian Noodle Salad

This is sooo yummy!

Serves 2
Syns per serving: 3 + 1 HEX B

1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp Splenda
1 package chicken Batchelor's Super low fat noodles, crushed (seasoning pack reserved)
salt & pepper
2 dsp sesame seeds
2 dsp flaked almonds
1/2 white cabbage, shredded
5 spring onions, chopped
  1. In a small bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, Splenda, seasoning pouch, and salt & pepper to taste.
  2. Heat a frying pan and pour in the dried noodles, sesame seeds and flaked almonds. Toast lightly until golden brown, stirring constantly. This will only take a few minutes.
  3. In a large bowl combine the cabbage, spring onion and toasted noodle mix. Toss with the dressing and serve.

Attachments

• IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3340.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 1,497
mmmmmmm stacey :)
sachinoll im glad your chips worked out :D
this is my big dinner today
chips burgers, beans, cheese slice and ketchup..
4.5syns

Picture3018.jpg

I have worked out how to add pics :D So here is a pic of my breakfast this morning - syn free pancake with 0% greek yog, banana, strawberries and sweetner.

yummmmy (even hubby and daughter were jealous!!!)

Attachments

• z 016 (Medium).jpg
    z 016 (Medium).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,882
I just made sw quiche with the batchelors pasta but can't figure out how to get the photos off the new camera so as soon as hubby gets home from his ride out I will get him to come and help me post my yummy lunch piccies lol.

I have worked out how to add pics :D So here is a pic of my breakfast this morning - syn free pancake with 0% greek yog, banana, strawberries and sweetner.

yummmmy (even hubby and daughter were jealous!!!)
Could you please let me have the recipe for the syn free panacakes, thanks.

Syn free pancakes;

Separate an egg into two bowls - white and yolk.

Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish
Add some vanilla essence to the yolk.

Add the yolk to the white and fold together - this is your batter.

frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

be gentle - this pancake is fragile! leave completely alone until you can slide a fish slice (etc) underneath, carefully turn it over to cook the second side. again, leave it alone until done, then lift it out onto your plate and add your toppings and enjoy!

good with fruit and yog (like I had) or lemon and sweetner for a more trad pancake

NO SYNS!!!:D

Back