+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Syn free pancakes;

Separate an egg into two bowls - white and yolk.

Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish
Add some vanilla essence to the yolk.

Add the yolk to the white and fold together - this is your batter.

frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

be gentle - this pancake is fragile! leave completely alone until you can slide a fish slice (etc) underneath, carefully turn it over to cook the second side. again, leave it alone until done, then lift it out onto your plate and add your toppings and enjoy!

good with fruit and yog (like I had) or lemon and sweetner for a more trad pancake

NO SYNS!!!:D
Thanks angie, I will have a go for brekkie, they sound delish

I have worked out how to add pics :D So here is a pic of my breakfast this morning - syn free pancake with 0% greek yog, banana, strawberries and sweetner.

yummmmy (even hubby and daughter were jealous!!!)

Ive not cooked the pancakes yet but yours look well scrummy so think il be having these this week :)

This is sooo yummy!

Serves 2
Syns per serving: 3 + 1 HEX B

1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp Splenda
1 package chicken Batchelor's Super low fat noodles, crushed (seasoning pack reserved)
salt & pepper
2 dsp sesame seeds
2 dsp flaked almonds
1/2 white cabbage, shredded
5 spring onions, chopped
  1. In a small bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, Splenda, seasoning pouch, and salt & pepper to taste.
  2. Heat a frying pan and pour in the dried noodles, sesame seeds and flaked almonds. Toast lightly until golden brown, stirring constantly. This will only take a few minutes.
  3. In a large bowl combine the cabbage, spring onion and toasted noodle mix. Toss with the dressing and serve.

I *love* the idea of this - leaving the noodles crunchy to add texture to the veg - it is so clever! thanks stacey - I will be trying this for sure :D

I *love* the idea of this - leaving the noodles crunchy to add texture to the veg - it is so clever! thanks stacey - I will be trying this for sure :D

Thanks! I got the recipe off allrecipes.com and gave it my usual SW 'tweak'!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your pics of your pancake & fruit. I'll definitely be trying that soon! Looked lush!

Spanish chicken

My dinner tonight - Chicken thighs, mushrooms, onions, sweet red peppers, tinned tomatoes, chicken bovril, smoked paprika. garlic and garlic roasties with veg.

15619-albums1104-picture6630.jpg

Yum HazyKay - the sauce on your chicken sounds lovely - I'm sure the smoked paprika livened it up :D

i just remember seeing it on come dine with me and i thought im going to do that one day so tonight I thought lets adapt the recipe a little and make it sw friendly. It's SO easy.

I just browned the chicken in frylight, removed from pan into an ovenproof dish, fried the spanish onion slices, sweet red pepper, mushrooms, garlic and smoked paprika then added tinned tomatoes and chicken stock (made with chicken bovril). Placed the lot into ovenproof dish and baked in oven for about 40 mins. Yummy!!!

This is a cheap meal as I used chicken thighs from Tesco that only cost £3.00. DH, my son and I all had it and theres some left over for tomorrow.

ive been away for the weekend.... cheated terribly ooops back on track tomorrow!

I'm trying the curry from the slimming world magazine tonight. It looks so delish in the magazine so can't wait. I will let you know if it is worth it!! xx

I just had to share this with you, bbq burgers with bbq sauce......scrumptious!!!

I would recommend the sauce for chicken, gammon steak and burgers.

Passata, garlic, mustard powder, sweetner, juice of 1 lime, worcester sauce and if it gets too thick, add a dash of diet cola. Honestly, its amazing.
15619-albums1104-picture6652.jpg

The curry in the slimming world is delish, my whole family is won over!! Definately try it out. Its nice and not too hot. xx

n513354564_1554099_789397.jpg

mmm slimiing world chips, cranberry nad goats cheese quorn escalope and beans x x

[imghttp://photos-c.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2755/27/17/513354564/n513354564_1554098_7916162.jpg[/img]

this is the sw chips etc.. x

I love this thread. I'm not sure how to take pics let alone post them but I love seeing everyone elses.

SW chips, smoked salmon steak, poached mixed fish & mixed veggies. I made a dip with 0% fromage frais and chopped fresh dill.
Mmmmm - my children loved this (hallelujah!) ;o)

Attachments

• SWfishnchips.jpg
    SWfishnchips.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 1,243
Batchelors pasta and sauce - chicken & Mushroom with added fresh mushrooms, soya beans and fresh spinach.

I added some freshly ground pepper, chili & garlic (the speckles on top) :)

Attachments

• swpasta.jpg
    swpasta.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 1,233
Back