+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

yum yum - that chilli looks fab :D

My tea this evening, had a EE day. steak topped with creamy mushroom onion and chive sauce with dry roasted potatoes yumyum lol :)

2956_82082875666_528245666_2203162_4828802_n.jpg

Julie19 have you got the recipe for the cannelloni please?? Looks delish!!!

So does the chilli yum

Gailx

OMG thanks to Gemma for giving me the link for this thread - wowsers!!!! and *drools*.

Have just started slimming world so will definitely attempt to make some of these wonderful meals.

Thanks everyone xxx

I whipped this up for lunch today and it was really tasty!

Boil up some pasta with veg of your choice (I used broc & cauli). Mix 1 egg yolk with 10g grated parmesan, fresh chives (or a mix of dried herbs), black pepper and a couple of dashes of tabasco.

Drain the pasta and mix in the egg. Cook for a minute or two.

Attachments

• IMG_4434.JPG
    IMG_4434.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 844
How did you make the sauce it looks lovely?

I just fried off my onion and sliced mushrooms in frylight and while that was cooking i had 6 laughing cow lights in a bowl with about 100ml water and 1 tbs of dried chives and put in micro for 30 seconds on high and stired, 30 seconds again stired and so on until it went creamy then i put into pan with onions and mushroom and just give it a good old stir through and put on top of steak. was well lush and only 1 hex :)

great to see this thread resurrected again. Very inspiring - I must take some more pics soon :D

Spaghetti Pie

You can jazz this up by adding some crushed chilies to the bolognese mix or some capers, sun dried tomatoes or olives.

1.5 syns and 1 HEX A and 1 HEX B for the whole pie on a green day

115g dried spaghetti
1 tbsp Flora extra light (1.5 syns)
1 egg, beaten
28g Parmesan, grated (HEX A)
1 pack Quorn mince
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 carrot, grated
1/2 courgette, grated
4 mushrooms, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
dried basil & oregano
1 tub low fat cottage cheese, drained
57g reduced fat mozzarella, shredded (HEX B)

1. In a saucepan, cook the mince, onion, pepper, carrot, courgette, mushrooms & garlic for about 10 mins. Add the tomatoes and herbs.

2. Cook the spaghetti. Drain and return to saucepan. Stir the margarine in until melted. Stir in the egg & parmesan.

3. Coat a pie plate with Frylight. Press the spaghetti mixture onto the bottom and up the sides, forming a crust. Spread the cottage cheese mix over the spaghetti and up the sides. Spread the quorn mixture over the cottage cheese (you may have too much bolognese, in which case freeze the leftovers, if desired). Sprinkle with mozzarella.

4. Bake at 180 for 20-25 mins until bubbly and heated through.

Attachments

• IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_4448.JPG
    IMG_4448.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 716
im in the middle of cooking sausage egg and chips cant wait too eat it first time ive had slimming world chips so hope i like em.all syn free GREATTTTTTT XXXXXXX

Here's my dinner tonight. EE day (though would suit green day too) - chicken salsa verde with garlic parmesan potatoes, green beans & fresh sweetcorn straight off the cob. Yum, yum yum!

Attachments

• IMG_4452.JPG
    IMG_4452.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 857
Stacey, have you put the recipe for the chicken and potatoes (I can cope with the beans and corn!) on the recipe threads? If not, could you?! It looks lovely!! Gem

Back