+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

The potatoes are just parboiled new potatoes, bung on a roasting tray sprayed with butter frylight. Spray potatoes generously with butter frylight, sprinkle fresh chives over (if you've got 'em!), lots of garlic salt & fresh black pepper, and sprinkle over grated parmesan. Pop under grill for 5-10 mins til golden.

Here's the original salsa verde recipe I posted (it was Delia's!):

Salsa Verde:
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 level teaspoon Maldon sea salt
2 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
1 level teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 level tablespoon salted capers, rinsed, drained and roughly chopped
1 heaped tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
1 heaped tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
freshly milled black pepper

Crush the garlic with the salt using a pestle and mortar and, when it becomes a purée, simply add all the prepared ingredients and whisk well to blend them thoroughly. (I blitz with a blender stick).

I then place each tuna fillet on a separate piece of foil, spoon some of the salsa verde on top and wrap up the foil like a parcel. Place on a baking tray in a preheated oven (about 180). Check after 10 mins to see if tuna is done. You'll want it slightly pink in the middle so it's not dry. If it's not done then keep an eye on it every few minutes as it cooks quickly.

This recipe works equally as well with chicken (foil parcel and bake for about 20-25 mins depending on how big the chicken breast is). I also tend to reserve a few spoonfuls of the salsa and toss it into freshly steamed green beans or broccoli to serve with the tuna/chicken. YUM!

Stacey thanks again for another one of your wonderful recipes, delicious as always. X

Quorn Pasta Bake

1 HEX A for the whole thing

Make up some Quorn bolognese (how you like it). Boil up 113g pasta. Mix together 2 eggs and a small tub of Greek 0%. Mix this with the pasta.

Layer the bolognese in a dish. Top with sliced mushrooms, tomatoes and fresh basil. Spoon the pasta mix over the top. Top with 28g freshly grated parmesan.

Bake on 180 for 20-25 mins or until golden.

Attachments

• IMG_4455.JPG
    IMG_4455.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_4457.JPG
    IMG_4457.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 553
My SW chocolate and mandarin sponge cake.

12 syns for the whole cake, serve 8 small slices or 4 large ones and only 3 syns for a large slice :D

5104_121167821141_610886141_3422013_4003982_n.jpg

5104_121167836141_610886141_3422016_5104771_n.jpg

Pasta Salad

Boil up some pasta. Rinse with cold water when cooked. Throw in a mix of whatever you fancy - I used red onion, spring onion, fresh basil & parsley, rocket, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese & black and green olives.

Make a dressing with 1/2 cup Kraft Italian fat free dressing, 1/2 lemon juiced, some garlic salt & black pepper. Pour over the pasta and mix well. Refrigerate for a couple of hours and mix well before serving.

Also lovely with sundried tomatoes!

Attachments

• IMG_4461.JPG
    IMG_4461.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 522
These two pasta dishes and the chocolate cake look absolutely gorgeous, who would think that they are 'diet' food, thank you both very much. X

this is syn free on extra easy day it is chicken new yorker with syn free chips

to cook the chicken new yorker i cooked the chicken fillets put syn free bbq (i have put the recipe in the recipes for the sauce) over the top with a slice of bacon on the top with cheese (used from hex)
P4080039-1.jpg

hope this helps and so many others enjoy it like myself and my family did

RECIPE ASAP please! Looks yummy! :D

6 eggs
1 oz self raising flour
1 oz cocoa powder
9 tablespoons splenda
2 teaspoons orange essence

Filling/Topping:
1 tub quark
Tin of mandarin segments in juice
6 Tablespoons splenda

Whisk egg whites until stiff and in a separtae bowl whisk egg yolks with either the orange essence and splenda, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.

Add the flour and coco powder gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.

Pour into 2 sandwich tins and even out with a spoon. Place in the oven on 190 for about 15 minutes and check regulaly. Once done the cakes should be springy if you press your finger in the middle.

Take out of the oven, leave to cool, and carefully remove from the sandwich tins.

Filling/topping:
Beat the quark with the orange essence and sweetener, spread 3/4 on the bottom layer of the cake and arrange the mandarin segments. Put the top of the cake on & use the rest of the filling to top and add the mandarins as required.

wow i'm so going to make that cake!!!

6 eggs
1 oz self raising flour
1 oz cocoa powder
9 tablespoons splenda

Filling/Topping:
1 tub quark
Tin of mandarin segments in juice
6 Tablespoons splenda

Whisk egg whites until stiff and in a separtae bowl whisk egg yolks with either the orange essence and splenda, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.

Add the flour and coco powder gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.

Pour into 2 sandwich tins and even out with a spoon. Place in the oven on 190 for about 15 minutes and check regulaly. Once done the cakes should be springy if you press your finger in the middle.

Take out of the oven, leave to cool, and carefully remove from the sandwich tins.

Filling/topping:
Beat the quark with the orange essence and sweetener, spread 3/4 on the bottom layer of the cake and arrange the mandarin segments. Put the top of the cake on & use the rest of the filling to top and add the mandarins as required.

I am SOOOO making that for buffet night! Thanks for the recipe!

Hey, how does the Quark taste in it? I've not really tried it much in the past as a lot of people said it's not nice. Does the orange essence take away the bitterness of it? I wonder if it would taste nice adding a bit of the mandarin juice to the Quark? (extra syns, I know, but prob only 1 or 2).
Also, do you need to line the tins with paper?

I am SOOOO making that for buffet night! Thanks for the recipe!

Hey, how does the Quark taste in it? I've not really tried it much in the past as a lot of people said it's not nice. Does the orange essence take away the bitterness of it? I wonder if it would taste nice adding a bit of the mandarin juice to the Quark? (extra syns, I know, but prob only 1 or 2).
Also, do you need to line the tins with paper?

Once the sweetner and the orange essence has been added to the quark it tastes like a lovey, thick creamy orange cream, its really nice and im not a great fan of quark overall.

I didnt line my tins with greaseproof or parchment paper but i suppose you could? Might stick to the cake though.

Oh great, the spicier the better for me, I hope this recipe is in the recipe bank, thank's for posting. X

Syn free onion bahajis with lime and coriander dip

4832_99699080666_528245666_2475635_3734761_n.jpg

Birhday cake, 21 syns. all ready for me, mum, my sister and reast of family. yum yum

4418_94026985666_528245666_2380142_7836377_n.jpg

Back