+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Oh my goodness Vixxster, that looks so delicious....

Bacon Omelette

Here's my lunch. Nothing exciting but you can't beat a good omelette! This one was with sauteed mushrooms & tomatoes and crispy bacon topped with parmesan and chives - oh, and a dash of worcester sauce!

Attachments

• IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 202
Today's dinner - turkey kleftico and black forest eton mess - recipes on blog.

2d6si7n.jpg

25k7otg.jpg

Today is the first of my red days leading up to weigh in on Wednesday so breakfast was cheesy sausage and egg muffins (who needs McDonalds?!) with 2 garlic and chilli pork grills and plum tomatoes. Used 6 laughing cow extra light to make the muffins so don't know whether to syn them as 1 syn each or to have them as a HEA as the mixture made 6 muffins and I don't see how I'll manage to eat them all today (the dog did get one though!).

And also, my new silicone baking cases are probably the best 79p I've spent in a while.

2m2w7ic.jpg

Vixxster - I'm loving the sound of the turkey kleftico. Can't wait to try it this week! Going to bung it all in my slow cooker and have it on a work day. Sounds really yummy! Do you really need the wine, do you think, or can you just use more stock?

Today is the first of my red days leading up to weigh in on Wednesday so breakfast was cheesy sausage and egg muffins (who needs McDonalds?!) with 2 garlic and chilli pork grills and plum tomatoes. Used 6 laughing cow extra light to make the muffins so don't know whether to syn them as 1 syn each or to have them as a HEA as the mixture made 6 muffins and I don't see how I'll manage to eat them all today (the dog did get one though!).

And also, my new silicone baking cases are probably the best 79p I've spent in a while.

2m2w7ic.jpg
could you post the recipe for those muffins please?? x

2m2w7ic.jpg

mmm mmmm! What are those pork grills? they look yummy! Are they free?

Vixxster - I'm loving the sound of the turkey kleftico. Can't wait to try it this week! Going to bung it all in my slow cooker and have it on a work day. Sounds really yummy! Do you really need the wine, do you think, or can you just use more stock?

Hey Stace - yeah you can have it without the wine definitely - you'll just have chickeny lemony turkey/pork or whatever meat you choose - just as nice!!! But I do like the tang of the added wine so for me it's worth the syns - and the portion I make easily serves three, perhaps four with more veggies on the plate, but me and OH are meat lovers, so it serves 2, with a serving of seconds for OH.

So don't forget, you split the syns when you divvy up the portions - I counted mine as 3 syns even though there was loads of juice left in the pot that got thrown away. :D

Hi Cara. I adapted the muffin recipe from one that was in last months mag.

Fry up some chopped red onion and slices of free sausages in fry light (you could use bacon, mushrooms or whatever you fancy really). Whisk 6x lc light with a little water into a smooth paste. Whisk into it three eggs, some dried mixed herbs and some black pepper. Add the sausages and onions to the mix and split into cake cases. Put into a pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes or until risen (as you can see mine were left in a bit too long!).

Shell, the Pork grills and from Joe's sausages (www.joessausages.co.uk) and are free. They are lovely and meaty and have a good chilli kick to them.

Hey Stace - yeah you can have it without the wine definitely - you'll just have chickeny lemony turkey/pork or whatever meat you choose - just as nice!!! But I do like the tang of the added wine so for me it's worth the syns - and the portion I make easily serves three, perhaps four with more veggies on the plate, but me and OH are meat lovers, so it serves 2, with a serving of seconds for OH.

So don't forget, you split the syns when you divvy up the portions - I counted mine as 3 syns even though there was loads of juice left in the pot that got thrown away. :D

Thanks for that. I'm not really used to cooking with wine and tend to usually omit it but I'll try it once with the wine and once without to compare! I don't mind counting a couple of syns for it if it makes it taste nicer.

I must say, I make bog with red wine and I make my own gravy with red wine, and though i have missed it from my sunday dinner gravy, I've not really missed it with bog.

Talking of tomato though, some kleftico recipes have tomato in them as well, depending on the region, so if when you make it without, you fancy a bit of extra flavour, chop up a couple of tinned plum toms and stir them in.

it's really a very versatile recipe and should be great to play around with if, like you, you're an accomplished cook and like to experiment in the kitchen :D

Hi Cara. I adapted the muffin recipe from one that was in last months mag.

Fry up some chopped red onion and slices of free sausages in fry light (you could use bacon, mushrooms or whatever you fancy really). Whisk 6x lc light with a little water into a smooth paste. Whisk into it three eggs, some dried mixed herbs and some black pepper. Add the sausages and onions to the mix and split into cake cases. Put into a pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes or until risen (as you can see mine were left in a bit too long!).

Shell, the Pork grills and from Joe's sausages (www.joessausages.co.uk) and are free. They are lovely and meaty and have a good chilli kick to them.

thanks will be making those and looking at joessausages x

That looks very very yummy britmum! What kind of beef did you use? Also, I was taking a peek at your blog earlier, saw you say you had bought pringles light. Can you get them in the uk and what are the syns like on these?

Back