+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

yesterdays recipes.....

Pete’s Macaroni Cheese

Serves 4 people
Less than 2.5 syns each
1 Hea

Ingredients

Coleman’s Four Cheese Sauce Mix (9.5 Syn /4 people =< 2.5 Syns each)
300mL low Fat Milk (from daily allowance)
56g Low Fat Cheddar
1 Tsp. Colman’s Mustard Powder
1 Large tomato, sliced thinly
200g of Macaroni

Method

Place macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water, add salt and boil for 10-12 mins.
Remove and place in a sieve to remove water, empty water from the saucepan.

Empty contents of the Four Cheese packet and add a small amount of the milk, stir to a paste, add the mustard and the rest of the milk while heating the mix until it boils, stirring continuously, simmer for 2 mins or until it thickens.

Tip the Macaroni into the sauce, mix together then pour into an oven-proof dish, cover with sliced tomatoes then add 56g of grated Cheddar (from your daily allowance) and place in a hot oven (180c) until the cheese melts.
Enjoy with a salad.

Pete’s 10Min Quickie
Spaghetti carbonara

Serves 2
Free on Extra Easy

Ingredients

175g dried spaghetti

* use either

2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped into small pieces

Or

Sainsbury’s wafer thin honey roast ham, chopped into small pieces

2 eggs
1 150g Tube of Primula cheese light
Handful of fresh chives

Method

Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions 8 mins =”Al Dente”

*Use either

Cook the Bacon in a dry frying pan until done then remove and put to one side.
Or cut the ham into small pieces and put to one side.

Break 2 eggs into a bowl and beat them together along with seasoning, chopped chives and the complete tub of Primula cheese light.

Remove and drain the spaghetti then return to the saucepan, add the contents from the bowl and stir gently over a low heat until the eggs have set.

Attachments

• Macaroni Cheese (Large).JPG
    Macaroni Cheese (Large).JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 183
  • macaroni Cheese-2 (Large).JPG
    macaroni Cheese-2 (Large).JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Spaghetti Carbonara (Large).JPG
    Spaghetti Carbonara (Large).JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 181
*droool* mac and cheese.

I would add 4 portions of HEA cheese though if its for 4 people or is it quite cheesey as it is?

Had this for lunch! Ermintrude's puy lentil salad! Very very yum mmmmm

03cb5ff4.jpg

Dinner was baked spinach gnocchi! 3.5 syns of delicious fluffy pillows of cheesy yumminess!

aa5f9702-1.jpg

7443d3e5-1.jpg

Last edited:
Dinner was baked spinach gnocchi! 3.5 syns of delicious fluffy pillows of yumminess!

aa5f9702-1.jpg

7443d3e5-1.jpg

Wipes mouth as drool falls out..... yum yum. Can I come for tea!

Last nights supper......

Pete’s Harissa Chicken with Spiced Couscous

Serves 2
2.5 Syn each

Ingredients

2Tsp Harissa paste (Sainsbury’s)
1 Lemon
1 Small bunch of coriander chopped small
1 Small bunch of mint chopped small
2 Chicken breasts
250mL/cupful of couscous
56g/10 dried apricots chopped
350mL Chicken stock
1 Small spring onion chopped
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
Tin foil

Method

Turn oven to 180c to warm up.
Mix in a small bowl the Harissa with ½ of the lemon juice, ½ coriander and salt & pepper.

Place the chicken in a sheet of tin foil and place into an ovenproof dish and cover the chicken with the Harissa mix, close the tin foil and cook for 20 mins

Put the measured amount of the couscous in a bowl and add salt & pepper and cinnamon

Boil a kettle of water and add to a chicken stock cube

When the chicken has cooked for 10-15 mins , open the tinfoil to allow to brown.

Add the stock to the couscous with the other ½ of the lemon, ½ of the coriander, the chopped mint and chopped apricots mix with a fork, cover with Clingfilm

When the chicken is cooked remove the Clingfilm from the couscous and fluff up.

Fill a warmed plate with the couscous and add the chicken allowing the juices to

Run into the couscous.
Enjoy with a salad.

Attachments

• Chicken & Couscous (Large).JPG
    Chicken & Couscous (Large).JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Chicken & Couscous Salad (Large).JPG
    Chicken & Couscous Salad (Large).JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 118
Hi Joanne24.
I used 56g of cheese from my Hea allowance as well as the packet of cheese.
I had already used the daily allowance of milk.
The amounts are based on 4 people/portions.
You could go up to 112g and still stay within an hea for 4 people/portions if my maths are correct!
Tasted great, got it today for supper, must finish it off........
Pete

Dinner last night and tonight, had lots of leftovers and really enjoyed it so did a double whammy lol. Honey soy salmon with rice and veggies.

693e1a3b-1.jpg

Can you tell me how you did the salmon please? I love salmon but find it bland and this sounds amazing

Pete that macoronni cheese sounds amazing. thank you I will try that :D

Can you tell me how you did the salmon please? I love salmon but find it bland and this sounds amazing

Thanks Jackie! I marinated 4 salmon fillets in 1 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 heaped tsp ground ginger, 1 crushed clove of garlic, fresh ground black pepper and red chilli flakes. Marinate for 4 hours then fry on a griddle, reserving the marinade. When the fish fillets are cooked, take out and pour the marinade in the pan to reduce into a thick sticky sauce. Drizzle over the fish and serve. It woul have been great with some fresh coriander but I had run out lol.

Last edited:
Dinner! Grilled sea bass with steamed potatoes and broccoli & lightly roasted heirloom tomatoes

7a3d8fc2-1.jpg

I made these yogurt scones I found in here in an earlier post (Thank you!) Wow the whole family love them!! I used a vanilla yogurt and bought Weight Watchers Reduced Sugar Jam (10ml/g is only 1/2 syn and Anchor Aerosol Light Cream 12.5g is 1 Syn. I got 14 small scones out of the dough so my scones were 2 syns each plus the 1.5 for jam and cream.

I would say however, that next time I'll take an egg cup of the flour out of the ingredients to roll the dough as mine was quite sticky and I struggled to roll it without using more flour lol

1scone-1.jpg

Yogurt Scones by Donnie46

3½ syns each - makes 10 (I made 12, so guessed about 3 syns each)

170g / 6oz self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
28g/1oz low fat margarine
1tbsp skimmed milk
1 x 200g pot mullerlite yogurt (any flavour)
fry light

Pre heat oven 230 c/gas 8.

1. Sift flour and salt into bowl rub in margarine until you have breadcrumbs.

2. Add milk and yogurt mixing with a kife until you have a soft dough. I didn't use quite all of the yogurt.

3. Turn onto floured board, knead lightly to a smooth dough. Roll out to about 1 inch thick and cut into 10 rounds with pastry cutter.

4. Place on non stick tray sprayed with fry light. Cook for 10 mins until risen and golden.

Serve warm or cold.

With a little quark and a scrape of jam....

You can also freeze them.

Enjoy.

Honeyoc said:
Thanks Jackie! I marinated 4 salmon fillets in 1 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 heaped tsp ground ginger, 1 crushed clove of garlic, fresh ground black pepper and red chilli flakes. Marinate for 4 hours then fry on a griddle, reserving the marinade. When the fish fillets are cooked, take out and pour the marinade in the pan to reduce into a thick sticky sauce. Drizzle over the fish and serve. It woul have been great with some fresh coriander but I had run out lol.

Sounds amazing going to have to try this :)

Back