+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Two more soup recipes...................

Pete’s Carrot & Cannelloni Soup

Serves 4
Ingredients

2 Tbsp. cumin seeds
600g washed carrots
1 Pt. vegetable stock
1 400g can of cannelloni beans
½ tsp. chilli flakes
1 onion
Method

Dry fry the cumin seeds with the chilli flakes until they pop and release their aroma, save half of the seeds for adding at the end with seasoning.

Spray the saucepan with Fry Light and cook the onion until it’s transparent, add the other ingredients, just cut the carrot into chunks, wash the beans before adding to the pan. Cook for 15 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Add the saved roasted seeds and season to taste.

(only make as much as you will use at one time as reheating it makes it very thick)

(this would make a lovely base for a curry sauce)

Kebab

Ingredients

Sainsbury’s wholemeal pitta bread
Salad
Smoked bacon with all fat removed

Pete’s Three Bean Soup

Serves 2 or 4 people

Ingredients
Half these ingredients for 2 people*

*410g of Kidney beans, drained and washed
*400g chick peas, drained and washed
*410g butter beans, drained and washed
* 1 Ltr vegetable stock made with a Knorr stock pot
1 Tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped

Method

Spray a deep saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onions and celery, cool on a low light until they are soft, add all other ingredients, season, and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins.

It doesn't look appealing but the taste!

Attachments

• IMG_0265 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0265 (Large).JPG
    266.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0263 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0263 (Large).JPG
    193 KB · Views: 129
  • 3 Bean Soup (Large).JPG
    3 Bean Soup (Large).JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I could just eat that bowl of linguine, love dishes like this :)

I was so hungry when I made the linguine, it went down in about 30 seconds and I'm usually a slow eater! It's just way too easy to eat loads of it, I'm glad I only made enough for 1! And I'm starting to understand more and more why your 1/3 superfree is so important.

Honeyoc said:
I was so hungry when I made the linguine, it went down in about 30 seconds and I'm usually a slow eater! It's just way too easy to eat loads of it, I'm glad I only made enough for 1! And I'm starting to understand more and more why your 1/3 superfree is so important.

I have to say I am missing being able to have a big bowl of pasta (with superfree of course) without having to worry about weighing. But I needed to do ww for a bit to rein in on my portions and get back into a healthy mind set since Felicity came along. The propoints plan is great for this and I have lost 3lbs in my first week. :)

My addiction at present though is granola cereal with almonds, so is nice to be able to have it.

Also liking being able to have homemade smoothies, my son loves them, so is a good wAy of getting plenty of fruit in him, although he generally loves his fruit anyway.

I do plan to return to slimming world though once Felicity is in more of a routine in a few months time.

Last edited:
Fillet steak with a jerk seasoning, roasted veggies and garlic, SW cayenne pepper and smoked paprika chips (HEB) - red day

Attachments

• image-2756054956.jpg
    image-2756054956.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 144
BritMumInCanada said:
I have to say I am missing being able to have a big bowl of pasta (with superfree of course) without having to worry about weighing. But I needed to do ww for a bit to rein in on my portions and get back into a healthy mind set since Felicity came along. The propoints plan is great for this and I have lost 3lbs in my first week. :)

My addiction at present though is granola cereal with almonds, so is nice to be able to have it.

Also liking being able to have homemade smoothies, my son loves them, so is a good wAy of getting plenty of fruit in him, although he generally loves his fruit anyway.

I do plan to return to slimming world though once Felicity is in more of a routine in a few months time.

Well done on your loss!! WW certainly has it's advantages and disadvantages, as does SW. It's all about cost benefits. What I miss most is bagels! I really enjoyed them on WW! Wouldn't swap SW though!

Sweet & sour prawns, with lots of veggies and rice!

64d7fe0d.jpg

Last night recipe.......soup!

Pete’s Leek and Potato Soup

Serves 4
Ingredients

900ml Knorr Chicken Stock (made from 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot dissolved in 900ml boiling water)
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 large leeks, finely chopped
1 small potato, peeled and finely chopped
*150ml half-fat crème fraiche
1-2 tbsp. very finely chopped chives
½ Tsp mixed herbs

Method

Using a large saucepan, sprayed with Fry Light, add the onion, leek and potato and cook over a high heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly so that the vegetables sweat (that is cook without colouring.)

Make up the stock with hot water. Add the stock to the sweated vegetables and bring to the boil. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes.

*If you like crème fraiche then add in the half-fat crème fraiche and heat through gently without bringing to the boil.

Using a hand blender blitz until smooth.

Attachments

• Leek & Potato Soup (Large).JPG
    Leek & Potato Soup (Large).JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 86
Todays food

Pete’s Minestrone Soup

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 carrot, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
1 leek, chopped finely
1 tomato, chopped finely
50g macaroni pasta
1 chicken stock cube
450g boiling water
1 Tsp mixed herbs
Seasoning

Method

Add all chopped vegetables into a pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook for 5 mins to allow the vegetables to “sweat”.

Mix the stock cube with the boiling water and add to the vegetables along with the pasta and mixed herbs.

Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and leave for 30 mins.

Chicken & Couscous

Just chicken fried in honey and then eaten with a dish of couscous salad, as per picture below

Attachments

• Minestrone Soup (Large).JPG
    Minestrone Soup (Large).JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Chicken & Couscous (2).jpg
    Chicken & Couscous (2).jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 113
Oh my oh my oh my! Had the BEST dinner tonight! I made Britmum's stuffed chicken with bulgur wheat. Bulgar Wheat, Onion, Sage and Sausage Stuffed Chicken | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

I used Joe's pork & apple sausages which are free and the grated apple added a delicious sweetness. I also added a bit of my homemade sunblushed tomatoes and used basil & mint as I didn't have any sage. Made two breasts so will have the second one at some point this week.

I made a salad to go with it and as I had an extra 1/2HEB I used some olive oil & balsamic vinegar as a dressing and I felt so spoiled! :D
Delicious! Thanks Britmum!!

Oh and followed with a SW eton mess!

8a8cb8b8.jpg

28005470.jpg

Last edited:
oooooh glad you enjoyed it Honey.

When I first had bulgur wheat I thought hmmmm this would work great as a stuffing base and so that recipe was created ;).

Your pic looks delicious as always :)

Thanks Britmum, you're right it was great as a stuffing. I'll use it when I'm roasting a whole chicken too. Yum! Of course you know I'm now trawling through your blog for more delicious recipes lol!

Jo that looks beautiful! And very healthy actually, it's all veg!

Back