+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Made falafels for lunch and it was sooo delicious! I was a bit dubious about making it because the recipe called for raw chickpeas and it cooked in a relatively short time. But how wrong I was! It was delicious and filling and very moreish!

b6c6eb0d.jpg

Recipe here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/227752-syn-free-falafels.html#post3947056

Cheating!

Today I must admit that I cheated by going to the pub for a carvery! I worked it out to a Syn value of 6 by not having the stuffing, yorkshire pud and limiting myself to two roast potatoes and a teaspoon of gravy.......

If you go to the Crown Carvery's website there is a nutrition table for all their food, very useful to work out what you can have!

Attachments

• Crown Carveries (Large).JPG
    Crown Carveries (Large).JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 188
last nights recipe, before weigh-in!

Pete’s Salmon & Watercress

Serves 2
Ingredients
1 pack of salmon slices
1 bag of watercress
2 eggs
Tub of dried dill
Method

Wipe and dry the salmon, place on a piece of cooking foil, drizzle lemon juice on the salmon, sprinkle with dill and place cut slices of lemon on the salmon. Wrap the salmon with the foil, sealing the sides to maintain the juices, fold over leaving space along the top for the salmon to swell while cooking.

Per-heat an oven to 170C (fan oven) (180C (standard oven) and cook on the middle shelf for 20 mins.

Share out a bag of watercress between two plates and cook the egg as you like it, fried or poached.

Remove the salmon and place on the watercress, add the egg and serve with a salad bowl.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Salmon & Watercress (Large).JPG
    Salmon & Watercress (Large).JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Salmon & Watercress Salad (Large).JPG
    Salmon & Watercress Salad (Large).JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 102
Fridays Dinner..............

Pete’s Harissa Coated Chicken with Roasted Veg

Serves 2
Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1 onion, cut into 4
1 leek cut into 2cm pieces
1 carrot cut into 2cm pieces
1 potato, cut into 4
1 jar of Harissa Paste
Cajun Seasoning
4 rashers of smoked bacon
Method

Wrap the chicken with 2 slices of smoked bacon with the fat removed. Coat the chicken with the Harissa paste and place in an ovenproof dish, sprayed with Fry Light, and set aside.

Coat the potatoes with Cajun seasoning. Prepare the other vegetables and put them into an ovenproof dish, sprayed with Fry Light, place into an oven preheated to 180c for 30-40 mins or until the veg are cooked.

After 15 mins place the chicken into the oven.

Serve with a bowl of salad.

Attachments

• Harissa Chicken (2) (Large).JPG
    Harissa Chicken (2) (Large).JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 144
Saturdays food.........

Pete’s Mushy Peas

Serves 4
Syn Free on EE
Ingredients
1 300g Tin of mushy peas
1 400g chopped tomatoes
1 onion, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. of garam masala
1 Tbsp. of curry powder
1 Tsp paprika
1 Tbsp. sweetener
Method
Cook the onion in a pan sprayed with fry Light until transparent

Add garam masala, curry powder & paprika, stir continuously for a few minutes until the onions are coated.
Add the mushy peas, tomatoes and cook for 15 mins until it thickens.

Allow to cool then blitz with a hand blender.

When reheating add 100mL per person of hot water and bring to the boil, then turn to simmer.

Add chicken to the sauce or use it as a general sauce.

(I had chicken & chips)

Recipe for chips.............

Pete’s Oven Baked Chips

Serves 4
Ingredients
1 large potato per person, cut into chips
Cajun seasoning

Method
Preheat the oven at 200c

Boil the cut chips for 5 mins in salted water, drain and allow to dry for 10 mins, then put a lid on the saucepan and shake it to roughen the chips edges, this is what makes them crunchy.

Sprinkle the chips with the Cajun seasoning until they are covered, place on an oven tray sprayed with Fry Light and cook for 20 mins, turning after 10 mins, or until golden in colour.

Attachments

• Mushy Pea Curry (Large).JPG
    Mushy Pea Curry (Large).JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 160
My dinner last night...

This is what I had to eat last night.
Its a rocket and raw samphire salad topped with chicken and bacon.
Super tasty and syn free.

DSCF2757.jpg

DSCF2758.jpg

Kat
x

Made a cottage pie for dinner and it was so delicious!! Yummy!

edf5d5d5.jpg

7e8b3c48.jpg

dbe901c3.jpg

oooh that cottage pie looks gorgeous!

It tasted great! I like to keep the top roughly mashed, skin and all. Then I brush with egg and spray with spray oil, delicious and crunchy!

Today's food & recipe, only me to feed today so chicken wrapped in bacon, oven roasted potatoes & roasted veg, followed by the pud!
Enjoy

Pete’s Strawberry & Grape layered Jelly

Serves 4
Ingredients
Hartley’s sugar free blackcurrant jelly 10Cal per portion
Strawberries
Grapes

Method

Cut grapes in half and cover the base of glass dishes.
Sprinkle the packets contents into 285mL/.5Pt of boiling water, stir, then add
285mL/.5Pt of cold water
Pour into the dishes & float the cut strawberries to cover the top, put into a fridge until set.

Attachments

• Pud-1 (Large).JPG
    Pud-1 (Large).JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Bacon covered Chicken (Large).JPG
    Bacon covered Chicken (Large).JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Oven Chips (Large).JPG
    Oven Chips (Large).JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Roast Veg (Large).JPG
    Roast Veg (Large).JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 158
Laura_carlburgess said:
Hun this looks amazing can I steal your recipe? ;-) x

Here you go!

Serves 4, 1.5 syns per serving

INGREDIENTS
400g extra lean minced beef
1T olive oil (6 syns)
2 carrots
2 sticks celery
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
4t Worcestershire sauce
1T tomato puree (0.5 syns)
2 bay leaves
Few sprigs fresh thyme
1 beef stock cube
500ml hot water
2T smash potato flakes (replaces flour)
4 potatoes
Salt & pepper
Beaten egg

Finely chop the onions, garlic, carrots and celery.

Heat the olive oil and brown the mince. When all the water has evaporated and it starts to sizzle, add the chopped veg. Allow to cook until soft (about 15 mins, stirring often). Add the bay leaves, thyme, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, potato flakes and stir well.

Dissolve the stock cube in water and add to the meat. Season with s&p. Cover and simmer for one hour, fish out bay leaves and thyme stalks, then transfer to a baking dish and allow to cool slightly.

Meanwhile steam or boil the potatoes until soft. I leave the skin on. When cooked, mash roughly with a fork, season, pile on top of the meat sauce, brush with the beaten egg and spray generously with spray oil and bake at 190C for 45 mins until golden brown and crisp on top. The egg really helps it crisp up and colour nicely.

Serve with steamed veggies.

How did you find them? Do you think a diffrent tinned bean would work?

I don't know if any others would work but its worth a try.

I found them because I bought some dried mung beans to sprout for my birds and had some left over. I just did a internet search to see what I could use them for.

Kat
x

These are syn free wraps made from mung beans. They are filled with baby gem lettuce, green peppers and shreaded ham. I also had a large portion of rocket and some watermelon after.

Total syns = 1/2 for the mayo.

DSCF2761.jpg

DSCF2762.jpg

Kat
x

Oooo, I like the idea of these! My local co-op has quite big bags of mung beans, happened to see them yesterday :)

Back