+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Made these for tomorrows testing night/woman of the year award that's If they are still there in the evening!!

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher

Syns 15 in total/24 made <1 Syn each

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
2 tbsp. of nutella=8 Syn
1 tbsp. golden syrup=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place the scan bran into a food blender and reduce to small pieces.

Place 2 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add 3tbsp of warm water & 1 level tbsp. of golden syrup, mix together into a paste.
Add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. Enjoy and remember total syns are 15 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

Attachments

• Ferrero Rocher (Large).JPG
    Ferrero Rocher (Large).JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 149
Our massive roast pork joint from sunday

Attachments

• DSC00211.jpg
    DSC00211.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC00210.jpg
    DSC00210.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 167
Yesterday I found a recipe for Lentil Loaf from
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...-main-meal-including-gravy-sauce-recipes.html

so made it today and I would really recommend it - it was tasty although I did add a few extras like half a pepper that was in the fridge along with some cumin, coriander, garam masala and a little chilli (as my OH likes spices).
Very savoury and as I hate Quorn this was very much a good sausage taste on my Green day. Tasted it cold and looking forward to having it with salad and a jacket tomorrow.
On the photo are my first SW chips and sweet potato chips - IMO - they are on a par with Quorn - in future will give them a miss and have a jacket.
Try the lentil loaf - it is good

Attachments

• LENTIL LOAF STRAIGHT FROM THE OVEN.jpg
    LENTIL LOAF STRAIGHT FROM THE OVEN.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 170
  • LENTIL LOAF - LOOKS GOOD.jpg
    LENTIL LOAF - LOOKS GOOD.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 171
  • LENTIL LOAF WITH  S.W. CHIPS, SWEET POTATO AND PEAS.jpg
    LENTIL LOAF WITH S.W. CHIPS, SWEET POTATO AND PEAS.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 188
Honeyoc - I am new here and can put small piccies on - how do you put large ones on that you can see immediately like yours please?
Have looked in all the tutorials but can't find it - OH has looked as well so maybe we are a little non understanding of the site.

Your food is very inspiring - thank you.

Honeyoc - I am new here and can put small piccies on - how do you put large ones on that you can see immediately like yours please?
Have looked in all the tutorials but can't find it - OH has looked as well so maybe we are a little non understanding of the site.

Your food is very inspiring - thank you.

Hiya! I save my pics on to photobucket first. If you're not already registered, go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and you can register. There's a link that you click to upload your photo, when you've saved it you'll see an image code (img code) copy that an paste here and the pic should come up. Good luck!

Thanks you for your reply - my OH is computer bloke so will get him to sort it out.
Great info.

This my trial photo - S.W. Chicken Tikka Masala with cauliflower "rice"

CHICKENTIKKA-CAULIFLOWERRICEANDSALAD.jpg

.DINNER
Grilled 7oz steak (was marbled so 3.5 syns) with beetroot puree, roasted red onions and sauteed string beans (these were purple when they were raw, how disappointing that they turned green when cooked!)

IMG_3397.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That looks lovely :) how did you do your beetroot Honey ?

shaz61 said:
.DINNER
Grilled 7oz steak (was marbled so 3.5 syns) with beetroot puree, roasted red onions and sauteed string beans (these were purple when they were raw, how disappointing that they turned green when cooked!)

That looks lovely :) how did you do your beetroot Honey ?[/QUOTE]

Hi Shaz, here's what you do;

Wash and wrap 4 beetroot bulbs individually in foil and bake at 200C for an hour and a half, throw in a few large garlic cloves as well. When cooked, peel and chop and put in a food processor. Season with salt, pepper, fresh thyme leaves, 2tsp balsamic vinegar and 2 big dollops of low fat plain yogurt (I'm not a huge fan of fat free and low fat us only 1/2a syn for a 500g pot), squeeze out the soft roasted garlic flesh and add ti the beetroot. Whizz up until very smooth, cover and keep warm. When you're ready to serve swirl another small dollop of yogurt through it. Very nice with grilled steak or lamb or even on toast with cheese!

Fish Pie

I am feeling thoroughly smug tonight as I've finally made a fish pie with the help of my PR friends at Philly who let me tamper with the recipes, I spent a day with them and the celeb chef Ed Bains and he changes them too.

I'm happy as before Slimming world I was famed for my dairy laden fish pie. This is as tasty I may add even a little tastier.

This is for four and uses 4 HEa 3 philly 1 grated cheese. I made in two halves as kids hate fish. Hence a small dish.
Hubbys fave meal Hence heart dish and he is on slimming world too so he was in heaven.

Prawn mix I may add quark or fromage frais for more sauce, although it was good as it was.

blogfood005.jpg

Finished dish

blogfood006.jpg

Served

blogfood010.jpg

Fish Pie

Serves 4

500g potatoes
Frylight
1 onion, finely chopped
1 handful of fresh parsley
1 large garlic clove crushed
200g smoked pollock or any fish mix you like
200g cooked prawns
213g Light Philadelphia (3 Hexa)
28g low fat cheddar cheese, finely grated (1 hexa)Or parmesan as I forgot to buy cheese :cool:

Instructions
  1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until soft. Mash
  2. Heat Frylight in a large non stick frying pan.
  3. Add the onion soften, then add parsley and garlic and cook gently
  4. Add the smoked fish to the frying pan and heat until the fish is just cooked through. Add the Philadelphia and prawns, stir over the heat until the Philly has melted and heated.
  5. Add Quark or fromage frais if you want more sauce
  6. Season to taste.
  7. Add the fish mixture to an
  8. ovenproof dish.
  9. Cover with mash
  10. Sprinkle with grated cheese cook at 200 for 20 mins or under a hot grill.
  11. Serve with as much superfree as you like.

Last edited:
Awww Jo I love your heart shaped baking dish! Soooo cute!

LUNCH
Mung bean wrap filled with;
Coleslaw (1)
1.5oz light cheddar (A)
20 toasted cashew nuts (B)
Made a salady relishy side with baby plum tomatoes, sweetcorn and cucumber. This was by far the BEST mung wrap filling I've had so far, delicious nutty crunchy cheesy loveliness!
IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

DINNER
Leftover baked marrow (A for parmesan, B for olive oil) with pasta.
IMG_3418.jpg

Options hot chocolate (2) with 2 marshmallows (2.5) Yum!
IMG_3421.jpg

Back