Post Your Measurements !

charley24

Silver Member
I was just thinking about size and measurements, for example according to the Next Website size guide I should not be able to fit into their 14 jeans..........but I do !

I don't feel like I look thin with 15lb to go, in fact I still look in the mirror and see a big girl.

Can people post their measurements and sizes to give me an idea of what I would have to be to be a 12, 10 etc ?

Currently mine are

Waist - 32 (was 37)
Hips - 42.5 (was 45)
Bust - 39 (was 43)
Arms - 14 (was 15.5)
Thighs - 24 (was 28)

Me x

At the moment mine are-

Bust: 37 (was 45)
Waist: 32 (was 42)
Hips: 40.5 (was 53)
Arms: 10.5 (was 13)
Thighs: 21.5 (was 27)

At the moment I can fit into a pair of Next size 14 jeans-one pair easily and another pair quite tight!

Thanks Sparkles !!!!!!!
My Goodness I dream of your thigh and arm measurements!

Confess I have only tried one pair of Next Jeans, and also have a 14 in Asda jeans too.

Sizes are so random !!!!!!!!

Here goes:

Waist: 45" (was 55")
Hips: 41" (was 46", odd because 36" shorts I bought are falling off)
Chest: 48" (was 55")
Arms: 28" (was 21.5", total of both)
Thighs: 49"(was 54.5", total of both)

Doesn't help you size yourself though, sorry ;) Just thought I'd invade the thread

And oi, Charley... Is your avatar picture a recent one? Because there is no way you look 34 in it. 24 more like!

Interesting thread. I am currently between size 14 and 16 jeans in Next. I tried on a pair of 14s, couldn't get them past my thighs so was quite disappointed until I checked the label inside and it said size 10 - phew, thank goodness for that - I thought they looked small on the hanger. The 14s fit but were too tight for my liking. I seem to fit fine in the 14 tops though.

Bust: 41 (was 51.5)
Waist: 35 (was 46)
Hips: 43 (was 51)
Arms: 13 (was 15)
Thighs: 24 (was 29.5)

Great to see all these wonderful reducations, but OMGoodness folks - time may allow me to post mine, shame prevents me at the moment. Happy to share my thoughts as my measurements were taken:

Chest: Never! Who gave me those?
Waist: What waist?!
Hips: Even the world childbearing dont cover that measurement
Thighs: Ahhh - there's the waist measurement

Seriously, haven't been measured for yonks, and only hope the tape measure and scales are kind in equal measure for quite some time to come.

Next sizes are so so funny. I am a size 14 in primark jeans but a 12 in tops. Asda jeans 14's are huge but not tried the 12's or 10's because i didn't particularly like the cut of them.

I actually fit into next boyfit jeans in a size 10 but it does leave me with a bit of an overhang

Bust was 48 now 40
Waist was 48 now 31
Hips were 52.5 now 39
Arms were 15 now 10.5
Thighs were 29.5 now 22.5

Pretty happy with my measurements and inch loss. I get measured every two weeks and have noticed that one fortnight I'll lose off my waist, the other off my hips. It has worked that way since the beginning so funny how it works!

Waist was 36 - now 29
Hips were 47 - now 39
Bust was 43.5 - now 37.5 (gutted!)
Arms were 13.5 - now 11
Thighs were 25.5 - now 21

I have no idea where all the 25kg/55lbs I've lost was hiding because the inch losses aren't especially massive. I can equate my weight loss to 2.5 bags of Asda Cat Litter (!) and when I view the 2.5 bags currently in my coal shed I cannot see how either that volume or that weight lived on my frame, nor how I managed to carry that around for so many years... because I actually can't carry 2 bags of cat litter to the car :eek: How the heck I managed to carry it on myself I'll never fathom.

Last edited:
eye on the prize - your arm measurements are great ! Any tips ? Mine haven't gone down by much and are looking saggy !

Lol Miss Pinky, I think I will go look at the cat litter in my cupboard !!!! Perhaps I should see what 39lbs of fat looks like !

My 5 year old weighs 2.7 and is heavy, and I have lost that and more...........scary !!!!!!!!!

No tips charley, I haven't done much for my arms! I did have a bit of loose skin in the beginning but that's gone away now thank goodness. I wish my waist would go down a bit quicker though, want to lose another 2 inches off it! And my thighs urgh.

Clothes sizes are a nightmare and every shop seems different!

I generally take a size 10 top and 8 bottom... measurements are:

Bust: 35
Waist: 26.5
Hips: 34
Arms: 10
Thighs: 19

xx

Back