Potential alcohol disaster looming!

I am in my 3rd week of SW and doing well lost 3lbs the first week and 4lb the second, however I have a VERY long journey adhead.

I am due to go out in a couple of Saturday's time for a friends bday and I am expecting that it will be a heavy night with a LOT of alcohol involved, I am worried that I am going to loose the headway i have made. As i have such a lot to loose i do not want to not go out because i cannot just stay away from these situations forever. If there is anyone out there with some advice on how i can prepare for this or lessen the damage it would be greatly received!

for this occasion I would try and save up some of my syns throughout the week so I could use it for the night out. then I would stick to vodka or similar because they are quite low in syns compared to other drinks. I think it is 3 syns for 25ml (someone can correct if wrong) and stick to diet coke.

Also if you are anything like me food on the way home is normally a must!! so I would make myself somethhing to eat when I get in like SW Pizza or have some sausages and SW Chips

hope that helps of some sort!

Decide how many drinks you are going to have and either save enough syns for them during the week or flexi syn the night out. If you are going to flexi syn it you will need to accept you may not lose that week though

Either way take only enough money for that number of drinks and leave your bank card at home so there is no temptation to overdo it or have those things like pizza or kebabs that tend to sneak in at the end of a nights drinking. You can make your drinks go further by alternating alcohol with soft drinks or switching say wine for a spritzer :)

Save some syns and even between drinks have a diet soft drink and stick to vodka etc and diet mixer x

Also during that week really go to town on the superfree foods, making your meals more like 2 thirds superfree than a third etc but if you are going out enjoy yourself and just get straight back on track afterwards preparing and planning is good so great that you are thinking ahead!
Plan some sw friendly hangover foods for the next day, bacon and eggs,sw chips etc

Thanks for the tips, I will do my best to save my syns up throughout the week to minimize the damage. Also good call on the food at the end of the night, I had not considered that so will make sure that I have something suitable to eat when I get in. Made the chicken and veg rice from the SW website last night and it tasted just as good as a takeaway so may well make sure I have some of that ready to be munched as it is syn free!

For me, it is easy for me to drink no alcohol at all, or drink a lot. What I can't do is just have one glass. In your situation I would stick to diet coke. The downside to that is that you realise how boring people are when they are drunk!

I am in my 3rd week of SW and doing well lost 3lbs the first week and 4lb the second, however I have a VERY long journey adhead.

I am due to go out in a couple of Saturday's time for a friends bday and I am expecting that it will be a heavy night with a LOT of alcohol involved, I am worried that I am going to loose the headway i have made. As i have such a lot to loose i do not want to not go out because i cannot just stay away from these situations forever. If there is anyone out there with some advice on how i can prepare for this or lessen the damage it would be greatly received!

Well done you on your first two weeks! 7lbs is a good loss.
Do you drive? if you do, why not offer to pick up some passengers, then you will HAVE to stick to soft drinks. If not stick to spirits and diet mixers and just have a mixer for every other drink.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Well I survived it! Did not hold back and drank an absolute bucket load of Bacardi :) However took your advice on the food for when I got home and made sure that I ate lots of Superfree foods for the rest of the week and it was not a disaster as I managed to loose another 1.5lbs to get that first stone out of the way.

Back