Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Labour bag... I have flip flips for shower, two big nighties that allow for feeding, dressing gown if I do walk around the hospital, slippers, shower stuff, towel that can get bloody and mucky, hair ties to get my hair off my face, maternity pads, breast pads, hmm sure there are other bits but brain not working.

As for snacks, we have lucozade sport drinks, cereal bars, haribo, go ahead yogurt bar, crisps... Not the healthiest of stuff but non perishable and will give us both that sugar hit.

Also got mobile phone charger, money for car park, then baby stuff.

Girlies...
Labour bag...
Have it all packed but just thinking... Should I have shower stuff n fresh PJ's in there too???
Or do they bring me to bed/room before I go for a shower?? Assuming all goes by the book (though I know chances are it won't.. but just so I'm prepared)
Currently in my labour bag I have a button up PJ top (Size 20 so long enough to cover my bum if stand up) & bottoms (in case I'm pounding the corridors), slipper socks... underwear... Baby vest, babygro, mittens, hats, towel, a nappy and a cellular blanket... J's camera... W
orking on snacks but have NO idea what to put in there.. Have some cereal bars and mixed nuts.. And some glucose sweets to suck.. Trying to bring healthy snacks rather than packets of crisps..
Am I missing anything????

Hey hun im planning on packing shower stuff and a towel and some fresh pj's as normally after a normal delivery they want you to shower and change before going down to the ward (or that's my experience). Other than that sounds like you've got everything you need. Maybe have a hair brush/hair bands etc too as you may or may not want to wash your hair so might prefer to tie it back. You'll also need some maternity pads (unless they give them to you... our hospital doesn't) but you may need them if your waters go early on to soak up the leaks if you stay mobile. Xx

Oh I know...I'm not wishing her out trust me! The longer she stays in there, the better - I know that...

I just meant I was a little disappointed it wasn't my waters in the end just because it was a little exciting seeing soaking underwear! I did sort of think for a second "ooh is this it" because it really didn't look like anything else (discharge etc). For a moment you wonder if labour is imminent and it's an exciting feeling. I wouldn't "wish" her out now at all because regardless of being classed as full term, the more weight she can put on the better for her. I definitely don't want anyone to think I am trying to get her out, or want her out. :( I'm only taking EPO/RLC to help me when the time comes, not to shift her along x

Ah we completely understand. I've been having bad period pains all afternoon at work and can't help but feel excited (although I know it's not anything lol) so with you being 37 weeks it really is any day now and thinking your waters may have gone must have been very exciting!

I doubt the rlt or epo will do anything unless your body is ready anyway its just intriguing to know if it does help speed things up when the time comes or not.... not sure if we would be able to tell though but I'm interested to know if it helps... if you girls have 4hr labours and I have a 36hr labour I'll definitely be using epo and rlt next time ;)

Xx

Baby, true to form, has been a right little wriggler today!! Love her :)

Yours must have passed mine the lazy bug today. It's given me enough wriggles to not be worried but definitely quieter than the last couple of days where it didn't stop moving! Coincides with a hungry day for me too which is how it always is!

Glad baby is wriggling though and you're not worried about her anymore xx

Yours must have passed mine the lazy bug today. It's given me enough wriggles to not be worried but definitely quieter than the last couple of days where it didn't stop moving! Coincides with a hungry day for me too which is how it always is!

Glad baby is wriggling though and you're not worried about her anymore xx

They sure like to keep us on our toes!!!
I wasn't at all worried til that MW called!!

Getting really strong cramps across my tummy ATM. Dunno if they're a diff kind of BH?? Only last a couple if secs each. But ouch!!!

They sure like to keep us on our toes!!!
I wasn't at all worried til that MW called!!

Getting really strong cramps across my tummy ATM. Dunno if they're a diff kind of BH?? Only last a couple if secs each. But ouch!!!

Oh yes but then I guess we have lazy days so baby must do too.

Yeah I bet its always worrying when someone else puts doubt in your mind! Glad she's moving well today though :)

Ouch the pains don't sound nice! Could be BH's just keep an eye on them. Ive had period type cramps since about 1.30pm. Just about to go and sit in the bath to see if the water/heat help ease it! The joys of pregnancy! X

Oh yes but then I guess we have lazy days so baby must do too.

Yeah I bet its always worrying when someone else puts doubt in your mind! Glad she's moving well today though :)

Ouch the pains don't sound nice! Could be BH's just keep an eye on them. Ive had period type cramps since about 1.30pm. Just about to go and sit in the bath to see if the water/heat help ease it! The joys of pregnancy! X

Yea they've gone now. She's having a good strong wriggle n daddy is loving it :)
Love sitting here relaxed with baby performing for daddy :-D
Gona miss it :-(
But we'll just snuggle her instead of my belly!!

Frances I'd pack some wash stuff and clean pj's/nightie. Because I had the spinal I had to have a bed bath and they changed me before I went to labour ward so better to have it to hand.

Forgot to mention... My mums friend does massage, reiki and acupuncture and has offered to do some acupressure/acupuncture on me next week (I'll be 38+2) to see if it will stimulate my uterus x I'm happy to have a go...to me it's just another one of those old wives tales (same as RLT and EPO) and from what I've read - it's another case of if your body isn't ready to go into labour - it wont, so I feel comfortable with giving it a try. has anyone else thought about doing this? Xxx

Forgot to mention... My mums friend does massage, reiki and acupuncture and has offered to do some acupressure/acupuncture on me next week (I'll be 38+2) to see if it will stimulate my uterus x I'm happy to have a go...to me it's just another one of those old wives tales (same as RLT and EPO) and from what I've read - it's another case of if your body isn't ready to go into labour - it wont, so I feel comfortable with giving it a try. has anyone else thought about doing this? Xxx

No.. That's not for me at all... I think anything that involves anything physical like that is messing with nature.. Just my opinion and I know you'll have researched it to the max and made sure you're happy with it.. But its not for me... I'll eat spice til the cows come home n climb the stairs n bounce on me ball... But that's where I pull the plug (pardon the pun ha ha)

No.. That's not for me at all... I think anything that involves anything physical like that is messing with nature.. Just my opinion and I know you'll have researched it to the max and made sure you're happy with it.. But its not for me... I'll eat spice til the cows come home n climb the stairs n bounce on me ball... But that's where I pull the plug (pardon the pun ha ha)

That's fair enough hun x everyone's different. Yeah done a bit of reading about it since she mentioned it so feel quite happy and comfortable that it's safe etc. it's another one of those things where it won't happen if me and bubs aren't ready so to be honest - unless I feel a massive change in the next week I don't really think it will work! Just intrigued by it and if it doesn't work then I doubt I'd have any more etc - it's just something to try. I will see how I feel in a few days time as I'm in two minds at the moment, despite feeling quite happy with it. If I feel labour could be imminent ill probably just leave it and let things carry on x

(But yes - researched it quite a bit and it's safe - people have been doing it for years and years - I would NEVER put baby at risk just so everyone knows ;) :))

Lol love the pun! If only we could pull the plug! Just be like "right, baby can come out now" - a little pull, waters go and baby pops out ;) xx

Last edited:

I wasn't thinking of this exactly but work bought me a pregnancy massage when I went on maternity leave - I decided to use it after baby is here only because I feel I will need it more then as I'm relaxed enough already at the mo and it can also be used for a "new mum treatment" so will have it then :)

I think go with what you feel is best for you and baby, it will at least be nice and relaxing for you? x

I would have massage but nothing further than that. Only because it freaks me out, pregnant or not lol x

Jess, my sister had acupuncture to try and bring on the labour of her 3rd baby (she was having a csec forced upon her after having shoulder dystopia with baby 1 and a csec with baby 2) it didn't work for her but she came out feeling much more relaxed :)

I wasn't thinking of this exactly but work bought me a pregnancy massage when I went on maternity leave - I decided to use it after baby is here only because I feel I will need it more then as I'm relaxed enough already at the mo and it can also be used for a "new mum treatment" so will have it then :) I think go with what you feel is best for you and baby, it will at least be nice and relaxing for you? x

Thanks hun x see I'm all for holistic therapies ;) I love it x I have had 2 preggie massages and an Indian head massage since being pregnant and I have never felt more relaxed! You'll love it, and I'm sure will appreciate it just as much (if not more!) as a new mum :) x

Yeah I do think it will be relaxing more than anything and it's like the RLT/EPO - there are success stories and non-success stories x think it just depends on your body :) xx

I would have massage but nothing further than that. Only because it freaks me out, pregnant or not lol x

Lol x I've never tried acupuncture, but I love all that holistic stuff :) everyone is different hun x no right or wrong x

Jess, my sister had acupuncture to try and bring on the labour of her 3rd baby (she was having a csec forced upon her after having shoulder dystopia with baby 1 and a csec with baby 2) it didn't work for her but she came out feeling much more relaxed :)

Thanks Shenzi :) x if at the very least I come out relaxed ill be happy! She's only charging me a fiver lol xxx

That's fair enough hun x everyone's different. Yeah done a bit of reading about it since she mentioned it so feel quite happy and comfortable that it's safe etc. it's another one of those things where it won't happen if me and bubs aren't ready so to be honest - unless I feel a massive change in the next week I don't really think it will work! Just intrigued by it and if it doesn't work then I doubt I'd have any more etc - it's just something to try. I will see how I feel in a few days time as I'm in two minds at the moment, despite feeling quite happy with it. If I feel labour could be imminent ill probably just leave it and let things carry on x

(But yes - researched it quite a bit and it's safe - people have been doing it for years and years - I would NEVER put baby at risk just so everyone knows ;) :))

Lol love the pun! If only we could pull the plug! Just be like "right, baby can come out now" - a little pull, waters go and baby pops out ;) xx
Ha ha ha.. I know.. Wouldn't it be great...
I just think if it was as safe n simple as they make out... Why wouldn't inductions be done that way??

But its another each to their own isn't it...

And I think we all well know you never do anything to harm you little lady baby chic.. There is no need to point that out.. And I really hope my message didn't imply that I thought otherwise.. x

NellyLou I had a pregnancy massage over the New Year when we were away... It was HEAVENLY.. But I agree, you will be far more relaxed n able to enjoy it once bubs is here... For one you'll be able to lay down on yer tummy and reep the benefit.. the way mine was done I was straddling a chair.. N while it was FANTASTIC.. It wasn't as nice as a "proper" massage...

Ha ha ha.. I know.. Wouldn't it be great...
I just think if it was as safe n simple as they make out... Why wouldn't inductions be done that way??

But its another each to their own isn't it...

And I think we all well know you never do anything to harm you little lady baby chic.. There is no need to point that out.. And I really hope my message didn't imply that I thought otherwise.. x

NellyLou I had a pregnancy massage over the New Year when we were away... It was HEAVENLY.. But I agree, you will be far more relaxed n able to enjoy it once bubs is here... For one you'll be able to lay down on yer tummy and reep the benefit.. the way mine was done I was straddling a chair.. N while it was FANTASTIC.. It wasn't as nice as a "proper" massage...

I think it's just one of those things that can either work, or doesn't. It's the same with EPO or RLT, and all old-wives tales out there. Sex, pineapple, ball-bouncing, curries - the lot. There are success stories, and equally there are stories of no success. I think it's just a case of what works for your body etc plus - with everything they say "it won't work unless your body is labour-ready" - well, if it's labour-ready then there's no proven cases of whatever it is "working" if you know what I mean?

I know hun :) I just thought I'd check lol x I think I will give it a go as personally I feel comfortable with it - if it works - fantastic! If it doesn't, then I'm nicely relaxed which is always welcome at this stage :) I've been trying all sorts of relaxation techniques for the last few weeks and I honestly think this is why I still feel so "well" (apart from my off-day Saturday). I don't feel stressed in the slightest - it's lovely! I have a candlelit bath with my tree-hugger/spa music every single night and it does me the world of good! I so hope that if I can't have a water birth, I can have lots of these at home before I go into hospital :) xx

Back