Propoints help

size102b

Banned
Hi I just used pp calculator I did a pack small crisp was 2 points now 3.7 pp which is nearly double, I know we get more points so to speak but not double lol anyway if the amount is say 3.7 do we round it upto 4 pp or if it's say 3.4 pp is that 3 pp round down?

Also I don't join meeting until weds pm can anyone tell me my daily pp allowence
I'm 41 female 5 ft 2 in 13st 9lb, no hard job so sitting.
Thank Q xx

Yep thats right, if its 3.5 - 4 its 4 if its 3 - 3.4 its 3.

Not too sure on how many you will be on, but from the estimate from everyone it will most probably be 29 still :)

Ive just done a typical day for me and on the old plan I am allowed 28 now im allowed 41 with ProPoints and I worked out my day as 38, so not bad at all :) Cant wait to get going now !!

Thanks alot.
I can't understand someone 9 stone and someone 13 stone can be on the same amount?
You men are lucky thou you lose it quicker and get more ;)

Thanx alot, I'm looking forward to a nee fresh start too :) x

Haha, I know its great being male ! Its minimum 29 because thats the minimum your body can function on thats what weight watchers have found, hence why you have to eat all of them. Thats why some people last time who was on say 18 points would drop 4 for 6 days and not lose and then they ask them selves why? so im believing in WW here :)

Yes but what happens when I lose another stone and I start on 29 pp? I've 3st 12 to go so surely I should start higher than 29 as I can't drop any pp as I have nearly 4 stones to lose, now I'd drop 1 point when I go down a stone but on pp if I start at 29 how will I lose weight if I can't drop any pp? Like calorie counting I would have roughly 1450 cc a day bit when I lose weight I drop calories as my body needs less fuel but on pp there will be nothing to drop so someone weighing 8 St 9 will be on the same as me who weighs 5 St more??? Sorry I just dint know how this bit works atm

I get what your saying, and I was a bit iffy saying that too. But I guess its just the way it is now. Maybe you dont drop the points because your body still needs the nutrients, basically what was the lowest on the old plan, 16 or 18 lets say it was 16, if you were to drop a stone you wouldnt go to 15 would you? And bascially 29 is like that 16, where you dont drop. this is me just speculating until someone comes and tells me otherwise lol :) I understand where your coming form though

Got this on the website, not totally what your looking for but its a bit of info

Is it OK to eat less than my daily ProPoints allowance?

Your daily ProPoints allowance helps you to create the energy deficit that’s needed for a healthy rate of weight loss. But it’s also carefully calculated to help ensure that you have enough room to get in the nutrients your body needs for good health, and to feel satisfied as you lose weight. So, to cover the nutrient end of things, you should have, on most days, no fewer that 29 ProPoints values in a day. And to make help yourself stay satisfied, try to just stick with your personalised daily ProPoints allowance – whether it’s 29 or higher. We’ve seen it again and again: Deprivation doesn’t work.

size102b said:
Yes but what happens when I lose another stone and I start on 29 pp? I've 3st 12 to go so surely I should start higher than 29 as I can't drop any pp as I have nearly 4 stones to lose, now I'd drop 1 point when I go down a stone but on pp if I start at 29 how will I lose weight if I can't drop any pp? Like calorie counting I would have roughly 1450 cc a day bit when I lose weight I drop calories as my body needs less fuel but on pp there will be nothing to drop so someone weighing 8 St 9 will be on the same as me who weighs 5 St more??? Sorry I just dint know how this bit works atm

Remember this is a whole new plan you can't put the rules of Discover into play.

WW haven't always done the drop a point system this much more general point allowance is the way they used to do it. Then it was something like everyone over 20 stone had 30 points and under it had a different amount.

Dont start the plan worrying about things like that trust WW if they don't drop the PP then there will be a good reason for it and the plan will still work x

I'm on 30 a day and i'm 5ft 5 30 and 13.12....it seems weird how the work your allowance out now

I'm not fussed though...it's my first day on it and not being hungry once and have taken tea into account and still have 16 pp remaining without touching the 49 slush fund x

Age is a big factor in the way allowances are calculated. At my meeting, almost everyone over 40 was on 29 points other than a couple of people who were heavier. The younger people were on more points.

I think it boils down to younger people having faster metabolisms and needing more calories during the day, and older people having less of a requirement. Just guessing though, based on an entirely unscientific show of hands!!

Oh, and my pp allowance was 39 first thing this morning, but after WI when I dropped below 18st 7, eSource automatically recalculated me at 38pp. So it looks like it allowances will drop by a point every half-stone when you're on a higher allowance.

Thanks alot.
I can't understand someone 9 stone and someone 13 stone can be on the same amount?
You men are lucky thou you lose it quicker and get more ;)

Thanx alot, I'm looking forward to a nee fresh start too :) x

I so don't get this either!

And am most peeved that my beloved crisps are now 3propoints!!

I am so so glad that they have addressed the age thing with the pp plan. Im 42, and have noticed in the past couple of years how much my body has slowed down compared to someone ten years younger. It really does seem like they have addressed quite a lot of different aspects that needed to be looked at with regard to weight loss.
Im very excited about it. I know we are all very capable of making better choices, and should have in the past, but I love that fruit is now 0 point. I am a lot more likely to snack on fruit now. Yea, I know, oddball, but I can still have a bag of velvet crunch in the evening, but also have some fruit without thinking - oh, I would rather have the velvet crunch.
I love love fruit, and on the old system would have used about 3 points a day on fruit, so being able to eat it "freely" within reason does encourage me to snack healthier.
Sorry, I went off on a waffle there.

Just my tuppence worth as well , when i logged into e source this morning it calculated my pp allowance at 35pp a day to maintain !! i still have 1st 5bl to lose so changed the box to lose weight and it dropped my pp down to 29pp a day.

thanx guys the one thing id say to anyone under 40 is lose weight before you get here as we have less lol ;)
I am more active now then I ever was so I hope its all good ,here to a new start good luck everyone xx

Hi I just used pp calculator I did a pack small crisp was 2 points now 3.7 pp which is nearly double, I know we get more points so to speak but not double lol anyway if the amount is say 3.7 do we round it upto 4 pp or if it's say 3.4 pp is that 3 pp round down?

Also I don't join meeting until weds pm can anyone tell me my daily pp allowence
I'm 41 female 5 ft 2 in 13st 9lb, no hard job so sitting.
Thank Q xx

29pp per day and 49 extra!:rolleyes:

thanx guys the one thing id say to anyone under 40 is lose weight before you get here as we have less lol ;)
I am more active now then I ever was so I hope its all good ,here to a new start good luck everyone xx

Here here hun. I say it all the time. I really never knew how slow my body would become, but it has. It clings onto every little lb like its losing a loved one!

Hi, don't know why but the free trial onWW site is not accepting my card (debit visa)

Could someone tell me how many points i should be on a day please?

Age 41
16st 10lbs
5ft 2ins

Thank you in advance

If I start at 29 how will I lose weight if I can't drop any pp?

Don't forget that it's not only the 29PP you get, you also get the 'slush fund' of 49PP per week as well so you do have something to play with.

It may be worth in that respect making sure that you go into at least some of the weekly points each week so that your body isn't too deprived.

Someone was saying that in another country which does PP there are 3 tiers of weekly points you can get depending on your weight, I assume to address the exact issue you're talking about.

Don't forget that it's not only the 29PP you get, you also get the 'slush fund' of 49PP per week as well so you do have something to play with.

It may be worth in that respect making sure that you go into at least some of the weekly points each week so that your body isn't too deprived.

Someone was saying that in another country which does PP there are 3 tiers of weekly points you can get depending on your weight, I assume to address the exact issue you're talking about.

Yeah they said (think it was kagome75) , if your over 12 stone 10 its 49 extra points per week, if your 11 stone 1 too 12 stone 9lbs then its 42 extra points per week (with this slush fund that is) and if your under 11 stone 1 its 35 points extra, but that was only in europe I think.

Strange that something like that would be different in europe to here, but such is life that these things happen.

I'm personally gona try not to use my extra weekly points for the first week (if I can) I just hope I use all my 29points, cause I don't want to be eating just to make sure I consume 29pp worth of food a day so I can get all my daily nutriants etc. Beside fruit is free and I'm sure if you ate the right fruit and the right amount along side your daily points, I personally can not see why I would always NEED to eat the full 29points (if that makes sense to you)...

Roll on Wednesday hey?

Wonder if I will have to get to my meeting really early to make sure I get a good seat, do you think it would be that busy?

Back