Psyllium husks

Leaving_the_fat_suit!!

Changing forever!
Im a returner to CD and just wanted to check is Psyllium husks still allowed? :sign0163:

These helped me loads last time i did CD last year. A lovely bowl of toffee and walnut 'porridge' for breakfast set me up just grand for the rest of the day!! :superwoman:

If they are still allowed then woohoo!! :worthy:

Also asking this will let all the new CD folk know about it if the havent already read threads about it.....hope its a yes!! :gimi:

:bliss:WOOOHHHHOOOOOO!!!!! :bliss:
:talk017:!!​

For those not aware psyllium husk are :-​

"an ideal source of fibre. psyllium husks are totally natural & safe"
they have no cals no carbs & no fat in them.
they will not bring you out of ketosis & are brill at thickening your shakes & soups, just remember to drink extra water!​

(pinched the info from a previous post on here)​

I still don't really know what it is!!

i've just had toffee & walnut porridge for my 'tea' and oooooooooooooo so good!!! hit the spot just fine!!

i'll try and find some previous posts to explain better what the husks do................

i've just had toffee & walnut porridge for my 'tea' and oooooooooooooo so good!!! hit the spot just fine!!

i'll try and find some previous posts to explain better what the husks do................

i kinda can figure out what they do but how do I use them? Put them in the shakes and blend them up with it?

please please let me know. this would help on those days when you just get hungry for no reason or around Totm.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/8584-russian-doll-porridge.html

try this link it gives a bit of info on how too make the porridge with the psyllium husks......

just make sure you buy PURE psyllium husks fibre!

reading through the link you'll pick up on some do and donts - like dont have the water boiling hot and once you've added the husks give it a wee second before you add more if you think its too thin cause it does thicken too much if your not careful!!

it really does fill you up!! i think they say only have one shake as a porridge a day....... maybe a CD expert will be along to clarify any rules etc soon!!

thought it would be good to let any new CDers know about this as it really helped me!

Toffee and walnut is the only shake i make into porridge!

Does newbies know about making the bars (when we are allowed them) into the biscuits etc?? thats another thing that helped me! having them as biscuits with a coffee! yum yum!!

Oooh good to know this guys thank you !! I have just purchased some so i look forward to it arriving. I cannot stand the CD porridge so I am hoping that I might find this more palletable.:)

Hey, this is great. just ordered my psyllium husks, actually a friend of mine works in a health food shop so I get them easily... thanks for this. Will try tomorrow

So you add it to the shakes and it makes porridge?

Making the packs into anything other than what they're meant to be isn't recommended and is actually advised against. Other than something like this I mean! But turning bars into biscuits, soups into crisps, shakes into muffins etc. is a bit of a no no unless you have an extra pack (are on SS+) because by cooking them when they're not meant to be you're actually majorly depleting the nutrients in them so won't be getting everything you're meant to.

So you add it to the shakes and it makes porridge?

Making the packs into anything other than what they're meant to be isn't recommended and is actually advised against. Other than something like this I mean! But turning bars into biscuits, soups into crisps, shakes into muffins etc. is a bit of a no no unless you have an extra pack (are on SS+) because by cooking them when they're not meant to be you're actually majorly depleting the nutrients in them so won't be getting everything you're meant to.
Hmm I thought you could add either warm or cold water to the shakes, from what I understood with this is that you add hot water off the rolling boil( so not boiling) and mix the husk in. No different that having a warm shake methinks, but I am new to this so maybe I will wait for more advice.

Does newbies know about making the bars (when we are allowed them) into the biscuits etc?? thats another thing that helped me! having them as biscuits with a coffee! yum yum!!

Biscuits?? Tell me more!

well the husks used to be allowed on CD. Dont see why they arent now. I would only take it when I have those funny days where I cant explain the hunger, you know? they also are a natrual form of laxative for those who cant take ducolax and the like....Maybe some CDC help????

Ooh! Where can I buy them from? xx

the psyllium husks bulk it up to thicker consistency and it makes it like a porridge instead of just a hot shake

PH are still allowed. Shakes made into a porridge is okay as long as you aren't m/waving it...just making it with hot water.

Back