Psyllium husks

holland and barrets or any health shops usually sell it..............just make sure you buy PURE psyllium husks!

Ooh, am quite excited! Will go to town Saturday and purchase!! Especially looking forward to actually going to the toilet occasionally!! x

It must just be me then....but every time I have tried them it just goes all frogspawny-LOL.I haven't used boiling water but it was quite hot.

It must just be me then....but every time I have tried them it just goes all frogspawny-LOL.I haven't used boiling water but it was quite hot.
Poor polishrose! :D I must say every time you mention frogspawn and 'warm jelly', I feel like gagging (and certainly not wanting to rush out and buy it!)...:8855:

I bought some yday from holland and barratt and had a complete disaster this morning. Perhaps your not meant to add it to porridge? The porridge lost all its tasted and it was just a big bowl of GLUPE! And impossible to eat as the spoon couldnt separate it arrgghh :( However I ate the whole thing and I do feel VERY full)

I bought some yday from holland and barratt and had a complete disaster this morning. Perhaps your not meant to add it to porridge? The porridge lost all its tasted and it was just a big bowl of GLUPE! And impossible to eat as the spoon couldnt separate it arrgghh :( However I ate the whole thing and I do feel VERY full)
gosh I wouldnt add it to the porridge at all, just the shakes. the key to the right consistency is to add it bit by bit until it thickens. I recommend to use teaspoons. Dont use more than 2 to start off, wait a few minutes for it to thicken, if you want it thicker add another spoon and wait. I dont add more than 3 TEASPOONS. I find it super good with the sweet shakes like bananna or toffee or vanilla with cinnamon,, and super filling

I am going to give this a go, but the secret sounds like it could be to add it very sparingly (otherwise you end up with the wallpaper paste as described above?).

(PS. crazylilblondie - I don't mean to be personal, but I would be interested to know if your big bowl of gloop makes you run to the loo all day, lol! :eek: That would put me off I think! :jelous:)

I am going to give this a go, but the secret sounds like it could be to add it very sparingly (otherwise you end up with the wallpaper paste as described above?).

(PS. crazylilblondie - I don't mean to be personal, but I would be interested to know if your big bowl of gloop makes you run to the loo all day, lol! :eek: That would put me off I think! :jelous:)
Jaycey, It wont make you run to the loo!!! LOL Actually, this is an old natural remedy for both constipation and diahorria. I spent 4 years in India and remember seeing it being used by many many people as a natural regulater. But it isnt a heavy laxative so dont worry. I wouldnt eat it more than once a day though. the recomended dose is 2-3 teaspoons daily. Helps the colestoral thing as well. once you get the consistancy right you will love it...give it a few goes. good luck

Not ment for the CD porridge!! this is what is used to turn shakes into porridge, Official CD Porridge wasnt available when i last did CD, I got the info about Psyllium husks from a post on this thread but couldnt find anything about it now i've rejoined, SOOOOO glad they are still allowed!!

Just use it for the shake mixtures. I actually tried it in a cold shake the other day and it was nice. Cx

Aahh, i will try it cold next. I quite like it with the banana, like a thick pudding or yogurt.

I can't wait to try - off to Holland & Barrett to get some tomorrow! x

Sorry to gatecrash, I bought the capsule form and started taking them on Thurs night (weight still going down) but no movement yet IYKIM!!!
Does anyone know how long they take to start working? Am taking 2 capsules 3 times a day. Any advice much appreciated

OMG I hav etried a husk porrodge for the first time yesterday and it was delicious!!, really , really nice so give this a go for sure it will add a bit of variety texture wise to your diet.:D

Did anyone find the husks made the shakes tasteless?
Adding the husks does alter the taste a bit but that will depend on how strong you like your flavours. Add a sweetneer tab or some cinnamon as a suggestion. I love the stuff. Maybe it isnt for everyone?

I mixed 1-2 teaspoons with shake powder and about inch and a half of water until got a runny paste and then added hot water til the top of the mug, stirring as i went, it stopped it going lumpy...and with only 1-2 teaspoons the consistancy is thick shake rather than frogspawn!

Ooh, I'm definitely gonna have to give these a go, I love the CD porridge so I can imagine having a new flavour is gonna be great. Quick question, are they expensive?

Back