Psyllium husks

Thanks for confirming KD

sooooo glad its still allowed cause it filled up my hungry tummy this evening!

Thank for clearing that up KD. Will keep some spare husks for those weak days.

yeah, i have PH in one of my shakes, twice a week. adds bulk to your stools and a filler.
i got mine from holland and barrett.

leaving the fat suit: thank you, i am eager to buy/try now! (ps im from broughty ferry but live in london now)

shopaholic: if you ever have a spare pack or bar, ie you've have 3 for the day and a 4th you can do all sorts of weird and wonderful s**t with this stuff, when you see what it does in the microwave the first time it really make you wonder...

I have the husks but find they make everything really slimy(for want of a better word)...am I adding too much?

I just bought some, so I'll try them, not entirely sure how to do it though!

just tried my first psyllium husk shake. I used it with the vanilla sachet with a sprinkle of cinnamon. It really is thick and fills you up. This is great!!! YYUMMMIIII!!! should keep me more regualr too.

This is what i do and what works for me.......make sure it's a spare pack incase you dont like it! i only use the toffee and walnut flavour.

230ml hot/warm water (NOT BOILING)
2 teaspoons of psyillum husks - (I add more if i feel its too thin for my liking)
1 shake

make up as a shake, and then add in the husks stirring as you go - yes it looks like wall paper paste but i think it tastes fab!! the shake thickens as you stir so give it a few second before you add more husks other wise it'll be fit to use as concrete. It can be trial and error until you get to know what consistency you like. This is just what i do.

never tried them in cold shakes.....might give this a go!

Cx

Hey I wonder if husks and water flavouring would work?Like a sort of warm jelly?Anyone ever tried it?

Hey I wonder if husks and water flavouring would work?Like a sort of warm jelly?Anyone ever tried it?
i suppose you could experiment but I wouldnt over do it with the husks per day. I read online that the reccommended amount is 2 spoons a day.

I used it with hot (not boiling) water and the sachet. i added 2 teaspoon to begin, stirred and stirred. I added a small bit more to make it slightly thicker. I think it is better to add a little at a time then too much. Make it to the consistancy you want.. It really is yummy and good for you and fills you. Cant wait till my cdc gets the toffee flavour in for me.

I think because the toffee and walnut tastes sweeter that it just reminds me a bit of the golden syrup flavour real porridge! :drool:

How do you stop it going like frogspawn???That's what it reminds me of yuck!

frog spawn?? mines has never gone like that!! mmmm?? did you use boiling water?? :hmm:

I put water in the bowl first, add the CD pack then use a hand whisk till the lumps are all out then add in 2 heaped teaspoons of husks and mix mix mix.

How long would you say you mix it for? I am patiently awaiting my husks so i can start enjoying a bowl of porridge.(I cannot stand the normal CD poridge yuk!!!)

Frog spawwn? lol. mine wasnt like that either! the husks are transparent-ish i suppose. Make sure the water isnt too hot and add a little at a time. i only use teaspoons not dessert spoons!!! It will continue to thicken so give it a few mintues as you stir it up before adding more.good luck. mine was lovely first try!!

I used husks all the time, but remember to wash your mug out as soon as you use it cos the husks stick tight! also remember to have a plenty of fluid with them too as they can bung people up and cause blockages. I used to put 1-2 teaspoons in a mug with my shake and follow it with another cup of warm water to be on the safe side. I got mine from the local health food shop

Back