Puddings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya
I know were not following Low Gi but its kind of the same principle because it hasnt got its skin on and its mushed up it digests faster and therefore doesnt keep you full up for as long as eating a whole piece of fruit would (the whole piece takes longer to work its way through your insides) also eating 4 apples stewed is easy but try eating 4 apples in a row and you will give up after 2 so by eating it cooked you eat more and therefore consume more calories which wont keep you full up for as long

Thanks, Angel! Going to see if I can come up with some low-syn puddings to add to the forum as it's been such a help reading other people's ideas. Hate that sweet tooth of mine ;-)

Not sure if this is really a 'pudding', more like a treat. But I'll pop it here anyway.

A couple of days ago it got to nearly bed time and I suddenly realised I hadn't had either of my HEbs (or syns). I wasn't hungry, and didn't have much food in.
I crushed up 4 ryvita multigrain and mixed with a heap of sweetner, a chocolate options sachet, and quark. It was quite nice, but I really couldn't eat much, so, or some odd reason I threw it in the freezer.
Just went into the freezer half an hour ago for some rice, and realised my ryvita mix was still there. It was rock solid, of course, but after 10 minutes in the warm kitchen it softened slightly and was transformed into a crispy, chocolate-y, ice creamy sweet treat. Really yummy. Almost like a KitKat ice cream (is there such a thing!? lol).

Next time I do it I will roll it into bitesized balls and stick in the freezer a couple of hours before we settle in for a 'dvd night'!

Jo
x

Lowish Syn Trifle serves six approx 4 per serving if using milk as hexa (but only 180mls in whole recipe)
1 packet of rowntrees suger free jelly crystals - 2 syns made up as instructions
1 tin of ambrosia low fat custard 17syns approx for whole tin (3.5 per 100g)
1 pack of morrisons angel delight mix no added sugar 11 syns for packet (this is the syn value of angel delight as can't find it on syns online but calculator had it at lower syns but to be safe lol)

once jelly set add custard and put in fridge
make up the angel delight with 180 mls of milk and whisk hard then put in 'blobs' on top of the trifle and enjoy

sorry this is a bit hit and miss for a recipe but its fab and the total syns per portion is a max as have used morrisons own versions which are cheaper

Hey girls and gentlemen - recipe for lemon drizzle cake - from best slimming world recipe book.

Serves 10
syn - 4 each slice on both plans

prep time 25 mins
cooking 25-30 mins

ingred - 4eggs ( i used 6 eggs yolks tho as only had small eggs)
50g caster sugar
5 tablespns of sweetner
150g of self raising flour
1 tsp of baking powder
2tablespns of grated lemon zest
1 tsp icing sugar to dusr

For drizzle

long strips of zest from lemon
juice of 2 lemons
1 tbsp of arrow wood
4tsp of sweetner
60ml water

Preheat oven 190/ gas 5
Line baking tray ( i used 22cm/9in) within non stick baking paper

place egg yolks, caster sugar, flour, sweetner, baking powder and lemon zest in bowl and whisk until thick and pale

in separte bowl whisk egg white until softly peaked then fold into yolk mixture.

Spoon mixture into tin and oven for 25-30mins - or until cake has risen and is firm to touch. Leave to cool.

Meanwhile place all dizzle ingredient in a pan on the heat and stir continous until mixture is thick . dizzle over cake.

once sauce set , dust cake with icing sugar

Nice n stodgy!!

Hi, this is the 1st time ive posted something apart from my food diary but thought some people might like this - I certainly did! 6.5syns well spent

Chop a banana into a bowl, add four teaspoons of reduced sugar jam (1syn) and pour over a 150g pot of ambrosia low fat custard(5.5syns) I heated mine in the microwave first and OHHHHHHH MYYYY!! How simple but how puddingy iykwim????:8855:

Someone said that in an earlier post so thats what I've gone for.

I've JUST made one and OK it ain't chocolate cake BUT what a life saver this cake is!!! I added some Cinammon and Nutmeg, sliced a banana and used some sweetened greek yoghurt (which is amazingly good!!!) and now I am sat here with a swollen belly and a warm glow.

Sorry should have said served it with sliced bananas and the cream.

rum truffles

3 slices whml bread (hex b) crumbed
rum essence
1 tbsp low sugar jam (1 1/2 syn)
1 sachet choc options (2 syn)

Melt the jam with the essence and add half the sachet of Options. Add the breadcrumbs and mix really well. Roll the mix into balls, (how big? You decide!) put in fridge for 30 mins. empty rest of the Options sachet onto a plate and roll the balls in the powder, covering well.

You can also make brandy ones by swapping the rum essence for brandy essence, and using marmalade instead of jam, and a sachet of choc-orange Options.
Make same as the Rum Truffles, but adjust syns if neccesary.
These are good to keep in the fridge, or if you have a sweety emergency!

Right.....just putting the chickpea cake in the oven.......will tell you how it tastes tomorrow as on an original day today (had to keep myself busy!).

I went for both vanilla and almond extract to mask the taste of the chickpeas! The raw mix tasted a bit like marzipan, so fingers crossed!!

the chickpea cake was...............nasty!! I took it to work to get rid of it!!

I think it needs much more flavouring to get rid of the chickpea taste!!

i think this weekend i will be attempting the chickpea cake and maybe the cous cous cake...i know alot of peaple are saying it's nasty but it really is grabbing my attention!!!

I tried the cous cous cake. It tasted really nice hot, but not so good cold :D(in my opinion)

Some one suggested putting cinnamon and grated carrot in the cous cous to pretend its carrot cake!!

Kirsty,

Let me know how that works out.....

I promised the guys at work a carrot cake, I'm not sure that was what they had in mind!!!!

right, i have just had the first piece of cous cous cake...to be honest it isn't scrummy but it is eatable and at 2 syns for the whole thing i couldn't complain. it will deffinately be a lifesaver for those naughty moments. I'm going to be trying it in many flavours, i'm sure i'll find the perfect combination

CORNMEAL CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

Works out to about 0.6 of a sin each if you use the large muffin tins so call it
a half sin each I guess. (_ a sin each on a Green day)
The cornmeal used is Dunn's River Coarse ground. Which is exactly what
polenta is.
Ingredients;
1 _ cups / 8 ounces Coarse Cornmeal/Polenta meal free on a green day only)
1 large Egg beaten
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 _ pots of Mullerlight Toffee Yoghurt
7 – 10 tablespoons candarel/granulated sweetener
1 –2 tsp vanilla extract
3 sachets Caramel Options or Caramel/Dairy Fudge Hi Lites (6 sins)
_ oz sultanas chopped (2 sins) optional
Method;
Mix everything together well by beating with a balloon whisk for about 5
minutes. You will see the bicarb starting to react as tiny airholes appear.
Spoon batter into a well oiled muffin pan ( I used fry light and a 12 deep cup
muffin tin, filling 3/4 full. Bake at Gas 5/400 for 25 minutes or until risen.
Don’t bake them in paper cases as they stick like crazy.
You could mix in any fruit with these but remember to count as sins.
OR
Line a 6 x 9 x 1 inch swiss roll tin with non stick baking parchment.
Pour in the mixture and cook for about 40 minutes at the same oven temp as
above until the middle is well and truly set. Turn out onto a cutting board
and leave to cool. Cut in half widthways.
OR
Bake in an 8 inch loose bottom cake tin and serve as a cake.
OR
use the 4 tin yorkshire pudding tins. They make great little mock 'victoria
sponges'.
OR
Mix one pot of Quark cheese (free) with 1 tsp vanilla essence and 1 tbs
Candarel. Beat well. Spread over one half of the cooled cake. Spread the
other half with a tablespoon of warmed low sugar jam ( roughly 3 sins) and
sandwich together. Heaven!
It's great to have a cake on a green day that works out to only 6 sins!
(without the sultanas.) I used choc n orange options last time and added
cinnamon and mixed spice. YUM! Brilliant dipped into a pot of toffee yoghurt.
Or try gently warming a pot of vanilla yoghurt and eat them as a hot pudding.

Hi i've just got a question i was lookin on the sw website and ground polenta used as flour is 5 syns per 28g so would these muffins now be high in syns???

not sure if this has been posted as not been on here long but I got it in the raffle at class today so made when I got home and wanted to share.

Muller light mousse 1/2 syn for whole thing

Make up a sf jelly to half pint mark and allow to cool slightly and stir in 3 muller light yogurts and whisk until light and fluffy, put in fridge to set. The one I made was strawberry but you could do any flavour.

For a luxurious chocolate treat without the Syns, try our yummy Ferrero Rocher alternative: Crumble 8 Scan Bran into a bowl and mix in 1 tbsp water, 4 level tbsp Nutella and 1 level tbsp syrup. Divide into little bun cases and leave in the fridge to set. Makes 20 delicious treats for just 1 Syn each! Good enough to share (if you can bear to!)

Made these tonite, totally yum! Didnt put the syrup in as havent got any and they are still gorg. Thanks for posting.

For a luxurious chocolate treat without the Syns, try our yummy Ferrero Rocher alternative: Crumble 8 Scan Bran into a bowl and mix in 1 tbsp water, 4 level tbsp Nutella and 1 level tbsp syrup. Divide into little bun cases and leave in the fridge to set. Makes 20 delicious treats for just 1 Syn each! Good enough to share (if you can bear to!)

That sounds blooming lovely! I love Ferrero Rocher so this is a fab alternative for me, thanks for posting! :D

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

Oh my! That really sounds good, I'm getting such great ideas, thanks so much for posting! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back