200g/7oz Quark
5tbsp artificial sweetener
1tsp vanilla extract
2 x 200g pots Mullerlight vanilla
1 x 10g sachet gelatine
1 egg white
Mint leaves to garnish

1. Whisk Quark, sweetener, vanilla extract and yogurt in a bowl until smooth
2. Put 2tbsp hot water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle with the gelatine. Stand the bowl in a saucepan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Cool slightly then whisk into the yogurt mixture.
3. Beat the egg white to soft peaks. Gently fold through the yogurt mixture then spoon into 4 individual moulds. Chill in the fridge 3-4 hours until set.
4. When ready dip moulds in hot water for a few seconds the unmould onto individual plates. Garnish with mint leaves.

1 scan bran is half a syn

Wow bumpy you been a busy little bee too fab thread and some really scrummy ideas. I am finding myself drawn to that chic pea cake may just have to give that a try.:D

Rice Pudding

Syn free (on a green day) with mullerlight

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']syn free [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']rice[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']pudding[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] by boiling [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']pudding[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']rice[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'], adding vanilla mullerlite and a pinch of nutmeg and then in the oven....[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']--------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Syn free (green days) with milk as an HE A[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Use [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']pudding[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']rice[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'], skim milk HE A, vanilla pod (and if I have syns to use a bit of anchor lighter spreadable), bit of splenda and a sprinkling of nutmeg

bake at around 170 for about an hour (checking it of course) until done[/FONT]

I tried the lemon meringue yesterday and whilst the meringue topping was lovely, the bit underneath wasn't too good - probably cos I held back big time on the sweetener (this bearing in mind I'd added a whole lemon and itz rind), so trying to be clever I thought I'd just add half a tbsp of sweetener instead of two - also I used fromais frais instead of Quark (it's all I had in), but like I say, the topping was lovely and sweet - peeled that off and binned the rest but spose I still have to count the 3 eggs from my 'no more than 10 a week' allowance which is a shame, as I love making the choc pud as a HE(b) every day if I could, but will have to watch the egg usage .... (it says 3 eggs for the choc pud but I get away with one...) - tried it with a w'bix alongside the scan breads as it's cheaper, but wasn't as good (bit mushy) ... still edible tho - itz all trial and error cooking 'free' puds but fun!!! Any other ideas out there for free puds anyone???

Ooh that last one looked odd

Rice pudding recipes

Make Syn free rice pudding (on green day) by boiling pudding rice, adding vanilla mullerlite and a pinch of nutmeg and then in the oven....

Syn free (green days) with milk as an HE A
-Use pudding rice, skim milk HE A, vanilla pod (and if I have syns to use a bit of anchor lighter spreadable), bit of splenda and a sprinkling of nutmeg

-Bake at around 170 for about an hour (checking it of course) until done

I tried the lemon meringue yesterday and whilst the meringue topping was lovely, the bit underneath wasn't too good - probably cos I held back big time on the sweetener (this bearing in mind I'd added a whole lemon and itz rind), so trying to be clever I thought I'd just add half a tbsp of sweetener instead of two - also I used fromais frais instead of Quark (it's all I had in), but like I say, the topping was lovely and sweet - peeled that off and binned the rest but spose I still have to count the 3 eggs from my 'no more than 10 a week' allowance which is a shame, as I love making the choc pud as a HE(b) every day if I could, but will have to watch the egg usage .... (it says 3 eggs for the choc pud but I get away with one...) - tried it with a w'bix alongside the scan breads as it's cheaper, but wasn't as good (bit mushy) ... still edible tho - itz all trial and error cooking 'free' puds but fun!!! Any other ideas out there for free puds anyone???

Is that from your doctor, smigget, or is that something I haven't found yet on the SW diet? I love eggs and have always eaten more than 10 a week :(

FT - we were told a few years ago not to over do eggs as they are high in colestral? I'm sure we were told as a group not to have more than around 10, but to be honest - if you're losing weight and it's working for you then our bodies will be getting much healthier anyway!

I defo have more than 10 eggs a week, Id say I have more like about 18 ish! I know its not good for my cholesterol but like Lou says at least Im getting healthier, and I think at my age my body will have time to recover! xxx

perfect summer food - when my mam used to do strawberries she alwys used to let them stand in sugar for a few hours before and sweeten up the cream.

last night i did the same, cut up the strawberries and put them in lots of sweetener then made 'cream' using natural yogurt which i made runny with milk from my allowance and sweetener. tasted exactly the same and 100% super free!!!

Does anyone know the recipe to Banoffee cheesecake , I was just going to make one and now I can't find the recipe ?:wave_cry:

I though my SWC told us yesterday that sugar free jelly was free on green day & to make it up with half the water, leave to cool then whisk in mullerlight to make a sort of jelly mousse but I've just looked up Harley's sugar free jelly 11.5g sachet on syns online & it's 1.5 syns. I know it's not much but it all adds up.

I though my SWC told us yesterday that sugar free jelly was free on green day & to make it up with half the water, leave to cool then whisk in mullerlight to make a sort of jelly mousse but I've just looked up Harley's sugar free jelly 11.5g sachet on syns online & it's 1.5 syns. I know it's not much but it all adds up.

I made that once but dint like the texture of it - highly surprising seeing as I dont like jelly xxx

Yesterday I made lemon and lime sugar free jelly and mixed in a tub of Muller light Mandarin yoghurt. It was reallllllly nice. Would make a great substitute filler for lemon meringue pie.. trying to think what could be used for the base..

Oh you could use a couscous base likle the one from the lemon couscous cake

The Chick Pea Cake question of taste?? I have found using a tin of chick peas gives the cake an over powerign taste of chick peas and little else - using the dried version and soaking them/cooking yourself seems to work a lot better. X 2 sachets of dark choc highlights works well with it - as does the juice and rind of a lemon!

Fruity meringue dessert

Just made this and it was gorgeous!!!

1 Asda meringue nest
strawberries
Blueberries
banana
Yogurt

Slice up strawberries and banana, and grab a handful of blueberries.

Break up meringue and throw a portion of it in the bottom of a highball glass.

Use some of the fruit for the next layer

Next use your favorite flavour of Syn free yogurt.

Repeat until all fruit and meringue is used up and top off with the last of the yogurt

2.5 syns for the meringue and the rest is free:D:D

Hiya

Has anyone tried the cherry and almond clafoutis receipe there is on the website at the mo?

Michelle Webb from Andover, Hampshire sent us this gorgeous recipe that’s a clever conversion of the traditionally high-Syn dessert, clafoutis. Michelle says “It’s great served with a dollop of very low fat fromage frais, or a scoop of ice cream (for 5½ Syns)”.
Serves: 8
Syns per serving:
1 Syn on Green and Original
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
ingredients

4 eggs
6-7 tbsp artificial sweetener
1 tsp almond essence
1 tsp vanilla essence
500g very low fat fromage frais
400g fresh cherries
method

1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. Beat together the eggs, sweetener, almond essence, vanilla essence and fromage frais until well mixed.
2. Halve and stone the cherries and scatter them over the base of a large flan dish. Pour over the egg mixture and bake for 50–60 minutes. When the dish is cooked, it should feel springy and have started to brown at the edges.
3. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and eating.
Tip: If you can’t get hold of fresh cherriesyou could use canned cherry pie filling. Drain off the liquid and follow the recipe as before. This would increase the Syn value to 2 Syns per serving.

This sounds lovely (and really low in syns!) and although I'm not too adventurous when it comes to baking - I might give this a go at the weekend!

I love this thread :)

Rouge I'm going to make the cherry and almond clafoutis at the weekend for when we have family visiting, I'll let you know how it goes. It sounds easy and lovely :)

Emerald
X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back