pudges daily diary...:)

Pudge, thank you for popping into my journal. Really appreciated.

Oh, and congratulations for getting under 200. I can't wait to reach that day. Well done!

Thanks Den Den and good luck with your start today...

16/120..

morning everybody,,

Feeling glad to be on the way to ketosis but rather grumpy this morning! glad theres nobody about for me to moan too! :) i think the sneaky weigh this morning didnt help as i seem to have gone back up to 14.4 instead of 14.2... i know its probably just the scales,,and if not then prob just me carb loading with spag bol..but still disheartening..... then again, its my own doing so i should just get on with it! no point crying over spilt milk hey!

Now i remember i did say id try not to weigh myself everyday.. right no weigh tomorrow..must remember that!!

Otherwise feeling good, bit of a headache but its not too bad. rang work and no shifts this week which is a disaster because i have the week off, but a lady got in contact with me about babysitting so im going to hers for a meeting today. She seems nice enough but going to tell my roomate the address just to be on the safe side!

this week will be tough with no work in the evenings and getting back into ketosis so im going to try and get out in the evenings for a long walk, that way itll take my mind off things!

Sooooooo what ive been dreading for the past three months. Proper thesis work starts today...argghhhhh i dont feel old enough to be doing a thesis! Anyway doing all the researchy part today, like finding articles and journals and then ill put them all in a folder so ill have everything together. Ease into it i think!! :)

Anyways im sure this week i will have an overdose of minimins as im not working and will need to distract myself no doubt so be warned! :D

how is everybody today? xx

Pudge... spag bol? lol.. u muppet... but hey but it behind you and forget about it...

Im still having a tough time of it, finding this second time round really difficult.. my consultant at the chemist said that a lot of people seem to have a hard time restarting for the second time.

Im thinking about maybe doing the 2 shakes and one meal a day to see how it goes. I will talk to her at my weigh in on Thursday. I just have so much to do with all the horses and its all so physical... Im just not getting the energy required whether in ketosis or not.

Are you anywhere near westport?

I have won a 2 night break at the westport woods hotel and spa complete with evening meals and 2 hours horse riding.. all because I donated a little to a horse rescue charity, found out on new years day and im absolutely delighted. Hubby and I are going to go when the weather gets better, we have up until June to use it anyways.

The hunt ball is drawing near.. going to go later this week to try and find a dress if I have the time...

What have u planned for the rest of the week? x :character00201::character00201::character00201::whistle:

Wow Pudge! Serious commitment going on there! Good for you :D I have no doubt whatsoever you will succeed in reaching your goal. Go girl! :D

xx

Pudge, one thing that I'm a little frightened of is my daily weighs which I know I'm gonna do (even though I shouldn,t) Whenever I start a new way of eating I just can't help getting on the scales every morning. When the weight is coming off it's great but when it starts to slow down or stops all together I think it can trigger me going off plan which is a no no. Hopefully, I want have any weekly stalls if I follow this 100%.

Hi Pudge
Just read over your diary. Don't worry about your slip - "it's not a sin to fall down - only to stay down", you got right back on track and that's a fantasticly positive attitude. The elephant in the room is food, but when you actually try it, after being off it for a while - it's never as nice as you think it will be and so once you've done it, got it off your chest that it's not so great after all, you can get on with the rest of your LT journey.

Well done on finishing your exam hun... You seem to have great determination and realisation about what temptations you may get, and how to avoid them.... If you carry this attitude on after you finish LT, then i have NO doubt at all that you will keep the weight off!! Well done on your losses, and your great focus x x x x

hey everybody!!

Den Den,, dont worry about the daily weighing.. its not a great idea but some people cant get through without weighing everyday... just make sure to learn that somedays youll stay the same and somedays youll go up,, but by weigh in day if you have stuck to it you will have gone down! you must remember that! :) im trying my best to remember it :) its learning process. weight loss shouldnt really slow down until you are really close to goal,, so dont worry about not losing. I think it slows down usually around a stone away healthy bmi but im not 100 per cent on that. hope youre getting on ok today!!

DebT hellooo!!! :) i know i admit i am a bit of a muppet lol...feeling like a right grump today im jsut sleepy. i refuse to ever go through getting into ketosis again its such a bl88dy mission!

Ooooh im nowhere near westport, but westport is lovely. is it for the westport hotel? if so ive been there and youll love it. Id say go in may time,,,maybe around the bank holiday,, its right on the coast so the closer to summer you leave it the better!
Sorry to hear youre struggling... trying to get back on is really hard i know...:( but just do whatever you can to get back on board. hopefully the energy will come back soon but the one meal a day might be quite a good idea for now? let me know what you decide....

Not much planned for the week as there is no work this week :( :( :( but i have just got back from a visit to a family who saw my ad for babysitting and im babysitting for them on saturday night. Theyre such a lovely couple. the wife owns an art gallery and the husband works in IT. they have an 8 month old girl and shes all smiles and so quiet. looking forward to babysitting and earning some spare money i can save.
Also started my thesis today,,, didnt get much done but at least its a start. As i have the whole week off i think im going to go into college to the library each day as if im here on my own i wont get anything done and ill have more time to think about food and falling off while trying to get into ketosis again, so out of the house with no access to money ill be fine :)

what are you up to? how are your horses?

Thanks Jayne,,, i just cant wait to get to goal,,,im wishing away five months but i dont want it to be exam time again lol! how are you today,,feeling ok??

Thanks Ssusee, i think youre right,,, once it off my chest its gone.. just battling the devil cravings until ketosis appears...think this is my punishment for falling off lol!...:) ill go and have a read of your diaries in a sec to see how youre all doing today :)

So overall quite a productive day.... hoping for a hectic five months to keep my brain off food....:) x

Thanks Su! i think the psychology degree help lol! I definitely have learnt alot about myself,, i cant pull the wool over my own eyes anymore :D... im a woman on a mission!! :) how are you doing ? x

Thanks Su! i think the psychology degree help lol! I definitely have learnt alot about myself,, i cant pull the wool over my own eyes anymore :D... im a woman on a mission!! :) how are you doing ? x

So far so good thanks hun... I only restarted today!! lol

I have decided to decorate my mum and dads spare room so spent today stripping wallpaper and can honestly say i never thought about food at all... But on the downside i didn't drink enough either... I hope to be doing the decorating all this week, or at least long enough to get me into ketosis and then it should be easier.. You really are doing well hun x x

Hey pudge, don't have much time but couldn't go to bed without catching up on your daily happenings :D

You are so learning by your spag bol mistake lol, sometimes we need that to get on with things, you're doing really well and so encouraging to people all the time, keep it up!

Anyway, also wanted to tell you a little story about the hat I made which we were talking about the other day...

I was with one of my service users today, bearing in mind that he has quite a severe learning disability and also has speech issues. I wore my hat today because I wanted to keep the rain off my hair, I made the fatal mistake of asking him if he liked it!
"nod"
me "I made it myself, what do you you think?"
him "yeah" - nods profusely
me "oh I'm glad you like it, would you like me to make you one?"
him "no, Frank Spencer, Frank Spencer, Frank Spencer... Ooh Betty!"

I almost fell on the floor laughing, so rude but so true! Spent the next 10 mins or so doing Frank Spencer impressions for him, what a laugh.

have a good night, hopefully ketosis is looming :D xx

Hi Pudge, hope you've had a good day today. I'm loving my chocolate shakes.

Hope today's gone well Pudge :) Is ketosis back with you yet? xx

17/120

hey everybody..sorry i havent been on all day.. I was having a great day, got up went into the college library with my laptop and got a good start on my thesis. stayed there all day till 8pm. Came home and as i was trying to get in the door my phone rang. It was a guy from a camp in america calling about a position at camp. Struggled to get the door open and i noticed that the door was double locked even though i had only single locked it when i left and i was the last one in the house.

Anyway got the position at camp in new hampshire which is great and then my flatmate came home and she was saying what a good day she had had. Then she went to get her laptop and it was gone. Laptop and her laptop charger were gone, and her ipod and her spare phone which she had leant to me which had been sitting on the kitchen table.

had a freak out and called the gardaí. they sent a garda and a bangarda over and we went through everything. Turns out that my flatmate had left her window open a little for some air. Which is usually no problem as were on the first floor. Anyway they (the burgulars) got up to the balcony and somehow managed to get across to her window and in it.

They went to the front door and locked themselves in. Which is why i was confused getting in as it was double locked and i never double lock it. then they took her laptop etc and went into the sitting room and took the phone and the ipod and left.

luckily they must have been in a rush and not even looked in my room as my 500euro canon camera was on the floor in plain view. other than that i was just very lucky as i had everything valuable with me in college!

ive been living on my own for over three years now, and a year and a half of that was in a ground floor apartment with no security. This place is on the first floor with electric gates on both sides.

What makes me physically ill is the fact that they had been watching us. my roomate left at 8am sothey must have been watching to see her leave and then waited there till 1pm to see me leave. plus they must have been watching for ages to see which flat we belonged to and what we looked like. Also they must have been watching us through the window in the evenings to see taht we had laptops etc.

Im lucky that my stuff wasnt taken but i feel so so so sick that they have been in our house. with their mucky fingers and mucky feet.

I know they prob wont try again but my laptop is coming everywhere with me from now on,, ive hidden my camera and weve decided to double lock at all times and keep the curtains closed if theres a light on so people cant look in.

I feel so so so ill just thinking about it. the gardaí were lovely in helping us figure out what happened and weve got some of the boys over to stay the night as we both dont feel safe tonight...:(

on the plus side,, the day went fast no time to think of food,,no sign of ketosis however.

Thanks Su,, keep thats decorating going to keep you occupied and ketosis will be here in no time and you will have been very productive!

hey paula thanks for giving me a quick giggle :) i will catch up with you tomorrow to see how you are...:D

DenDen hope youre getting on ok..chocolate shakes are the future and the only way forward!! :)

Jayne im ok wish ketosis would hurry up!!

will catch up on properly on everybodys diaries and everything tomorrow. need to sleep now.... night.xxx

OMG Pudge that's absolutely dreadful, are you OK? Thank god that neither of you were in.....I hope that you've got good household contents insurance?

Take care x

So sorry to hear about the break in Pudge. Good idea to shut curtains and double lock doors. I always try to think like a burgler before I leave the house i.e. what would be the likely weak entry points of the house be, particularly if we're going to be out all day. It's awful, but in this day and age, you really have to think like there could be someone watching your routine and vary it. At least make it hard for them! Good to see it hasn't put you off plan.

Thanks guys,,,

Its been kind or a whirlwind!! Havent done much in the way of college work today so tomorrow will be very productive. We realised that my flatmates ring was taken as well. Its not just any ring but her mothers engagement ring, so shes really upset.

unfortunately we had no contents insurance. Its funny i was in the bank not to long ago and they tried to make me get contents insurance and i was going to until our agent for the flat said we didnt need it because the break in rate was so low.... we shouldnt have listened!!!

Anyway,,spent the majority of the day from about 2pm trying to console her and check through everything to see if anything else was missing.

Im feeling ok now but i refuse to leave my laptop anywhere but hidden when i leave!

I dont know what i would have done if i was in!! anyway im happy i didnt come off the plan too ssusee,, it would be typical of me to grab something to eat,, luckily i have more determination than i thought :)

Going for coffee with Dad in a bit and then skyping with my best friend whos having a freak out that we got robbed and then going for a late walk with my friend from college. Busy evening ahead and i havent even showered yet!....

all three shakes in only 3/4 of a litre of water to go..:) hoping ketosis would hurry up and visit,,,though not sure i trust ketostix..... meh i suppose theres no rush as im on this for a while!!

SOme people are just such low lives that they actually sit in bushes or wherever waiting for an oppourtunity to break in..that just makes me feel ill!!

anyway its over and we are safe!...... all you irish lads and lass's..biggest loser is on tv at 8pm tonight on rte2 or tv3!

must say im suprised i havent given up on he choc sakes,,i still love them which is good ...:)

sorry i cant stay longer..must go and freshen up :) xx

Pudge, that is awful, so sorry to hear about the break in. It's such an invasion of your privacy when you get burgled, I can understand feeling creeped out, who wouldn't be?!

Just a point on contents insurance, I'm not a salesperson lol but what if, God Forbid, there was a fire/flood/ spillage on your laptop etc? You might want to still think about getting some contents insurance. Some policies even cover items when you are out and about with them. Had a chat with my sister lately about the very same thing... her dog has fits and knocked over a glass of juice and ruined her lappy, no insurance and had to pay out for a new one :( Just a thought for the day :D

Sounds like you're back on the straight and narrow and very busy! I guess we'll all have to deal with the missing each others posts but as long as we all check in, at least we'll know we're all ok lol

I just noticed you've lost 10% - woohoo :D

xx

Oh Pudge, how awful :( Bloody low life scum! Do this to you, cause all this upset and most likely for drugs or something! Makes me sick.
Huge well done on staying strong with the diet though. I think when these super tough times hit, it's so easy to turn to food for comfort, help deal with our emotions, etc. That's what we usually do, and changing that habbit and dealing with those emotions head on is half the battle to our recovery from over eating. Not stuffing them down with food anymore. Well done babe.
I hope you're okay, and I hope you can feel more settled again soon in your home. Huge ((hugs)) xx

Back