quark~ makes me wanna gip. ...am i alone??

alfsmummy11

Silver Member
Quark ekkkkk ekkkkk. Even the word is minging. I hate seeing perfectly good recipe ideas with this word associated with them. Am i the only Quark hater???

Nope, I can't stand it either. It's absolutely minging lol.

Good Haha. Thought it was me. My leader made a Baileys cheesecake with it and it tasted like paste. Ewwwwww. And sorry for this but it looks like some kind of poor hygiene female discharge Haha x

I have bought some this week for the first time, but I don't know what to make or do with it.

I might regret buying it if it taste horrible.

Kathryn

I just dont like the sour taste of it when trying to make something sweet out of it like a pud. I find the sour and sweet thing together not to my taste at all. Could eat it on savoury dishes though.

I love it sweetened with an options sachet and granulated sweetener, tis gorgeous with chopped strawberries.

Ohhhhh god yuk
I just think the name is horrid. The texture sticks to your mouth its just rank. Like gone off thick sour creme.xx

I think maybe that you might be missing the point of it somewhat. It is a base for other flavours. It takes on the flavour of whatever you cook it with, so provides a good sauce base, or works well as an ingredient.

I have bought some this week for the first time, but I don't know what to make or do with it.

I might regret buying it if it taste horrible.

Kathryn

Do not be influenced by what you are reading here. Try it for yourself first.

I dislike it on it's own but find it is one of my best SW friends when I am using it as the vehicle for other things.

I use it to make fabulous tasting dips by adding a tablespoonful of sweet chili sauce, a tablespoonful of branston pickle etc. and eat it with strips of red pepper, cucumber, apple, carrot. I mix it with diced beetroot and onion to put in a baked potato or with a salad. Mix it with tuna and diced onion. I put it in home made soups to make them creamy or add vanilla essence and a sugar substitute and have it on top of strawberries.

There are endless things you can do with quark so give it a try.

I think maybe that you might be missing the point of it somewhat. It is a base for other flavours. It takes on the flavour of whatever you cook it with, so provides a good sauce base, or works well as an ingredient.

hear, hear !!!!!!!!

fillymum said:
Do not be influenced by what you are reading here. Try it for yourself first.

I dislike it on it's own but find it is one of my best SW friends when I am using it as the vehicle for other things.

I use it to make fabulous tasting dips by adding a tablespoonful of sweet chili sauce, a tablespoonful of branston pickle etc. and eat it with strips of red pepper, cucumber, apple, carrot. I mix it with diced beetroot and onion to put in a baked potato or with a salad. Mix it with tuna and diced onion. I put it in home made soups to make them creamy or add vanilla essence and a sugar substitute and have it on top of strawberries.

There are endless things you can do with quark so give it a try.

hear, hear !!!!!!!!

Ermmm ive tried it in many things and it still remains absolutly dire. Euggghhhh. If Baileys can't make it nice nothing will. Its the texture. Just horrid. That's my personal choice and taste tho... The title of the thread wasnt don't try Quark it was does anyone else wanna gip at it!!!!???? each to their own but horrid horrid HORRID in my mouth!!

MadameLaMinx said:

Sugar coated in chocolate its still horrid. No point missed just my taste buds saying RANK

Quark ekkkkk ekkkkk. Even the word is minging. I hate seeing perfectly good recipe ideas with this word associated with them. Am i the only Quark hater???

No one implied that the title of the thread was anything other than what it is.

In your opening post you just state that you hate quark.

I think MadamlaMinx and I were only trying to help.

I know I only wanted to help kathrynmc as it is her first try.

I respect the fact that you do not like the taste or the texture of quark. I was really only suggesting ways anyone who hasn't tried it could use it.

I love Quark! Have been known to mix it with honey and have it in the morning with my banana when I've run out of 0% yogurt - yum yum! It's delicious with an Options stirred through too xx

and whipped into raw eggs with dried oregano and tarragon, salt and pepper, makes an omelet to die for !!!

Not all Quark is the same. There are a few different manufacturers. I get mine from Waitrose, and it has no taste at all, but is brilliant for flavouring with sweet or savoury things.

I love it!!!!! With Splenda mixed in served with fresh mango.

I'm with some of the others on here, in that it tastes of nothing whatsoever, so I couldn't eat it on its own. But that makes it so versatile for combining with other things.

Sooo many Quark fans. Which gets back to the thread point it seems its just me and a couple others who it makes wanna heave!!!

Back